Utd Draft - Best Losers: Sjor vs Zlatan

With players at their career (not Utd) peak, who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Sjor

Zlatan

Sjor Tactics

Formation - lovechild of a magic square and atletico 442
Started writing classic tactical OP everyone used but whats the point, everyone knows how great Roy Keane is etc. Team is pretty much perfect for him as i mentioned him, changing room full of characters and leaders, and probably most important - winners.
Idea for the team was to create the advantage in the central area as there isnt a single Man United fullback that scares me on the offensive end bar maybe Irwin so why not pack the midfield, get advantage there and pick hardworkers that are still able to help out wide if needed(Mount and Whiteside). The mentioned two would have absolute freedom on the offensive end, both can swap positions and play wherever they like, both are comfortable out wide so width would never be an issue.
Midfield full of energy, pace and power....up front electric teenage sensation in Michael Owen so i needed a glue guy, someone that would nit all that together and who better then late round pick Teddy Shaggingham. He is what everyone think Berbatov is - technique, class and football intelligence + it helps he isnt a lazy git.

Zlatan Tactics

Just a couple of changes, even though I prefer 442 I thought I would use Ronaldo in a more optimal position and add an extra man in midfield so gone 433

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Are whiteside and Mount really wingers? Or more central players

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
its in the OP, something between magic square and how Simeone used Koke, Arda etc. in "wide" areas

Šjor Bepo

tbh id give you a win just for using Ando

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Valencia vs Ronaldo is an interesting battle. I don't remember how agil Valencia was in this full-back days.

Šjor Bepo

@Zlatan 7 That is such a nostalgic midfield. I love it.
its a crap one as hargo is at the base of it, guy was pushed out wide by fergie because he was abysmal on the ball, his bobbly short passing makes me angry even to this day considering how great he could hit a freekick or a cross.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I love this team even more than the previous one but that CB pairing is still an eyesore. Sheringham's through-ball to Owen with Maguire trying to stop it :drool:

Šjor Bepo

hargo to RM, Saha up front alongside Sparky and its a much better team

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
hargo to RM, Saha up front alongside Sparky and its a much better team
I had Saha upfront with sparky in the first match but it was shunting Ronaldo too wide, I also preferred the speed of kanchelskis for the wings, not like your fake wingers.
Didn’t Hargreaves play dm for Bayern? It was between him and Fletcher for dm and I went with Hargreaves :/

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I love this team even more than the previous one but that CB pairing is still an eyesore. Sheringham's through-ball to Owen with Maguire trying to stop it :drool:
I agree, my centre backs hurt my eyes too :(

Šjor Bepo

I had Saha upfront with sparky in the first match but it was shunting Ronaldo too wide, I also preferred the speed of kanchelskis for the wings, not like your fake wingers.
Didn’t Hargreaves play dm for Bayern? It was between him and Fletcher for dm and I went with Hargreaves :/
ronaldo played in a 442 at united ffs, if you moved hargo to the right you would get a flexible 442/433 that get the best out of ronaldo.

no idea buddy, commenting only what i saw in a United shirt.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
its a crap one as hargo is at the base of it, guy was pushed out wide by fergie because he was abysmal on the ball, his bobbly short passing makes me angry even to this day considering how great he could hit a freekick or a cross.
You are right.

Voting Sjor as Hargo as a pivot won't work.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
ronaldo played in a 442 at united ffs, if you moved hargo to the right you would get a flexible 442/433 that get the best out of ronaldo.
Damn, compels to change the vote that point, that would have been an excellent tactic, missed a trick there Zlatan

Šjor Bepo

Damn, compels to change the vote that point, that would have been an excellent tactic, missed a trick there Zlatan
IMO would still be a comfortable win for my team, just have better quality in the team and core is too strong compared to Maguire, Ando, Hargo, Foster etc.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

no idea buddy, commenting only what i saw in a United shirt.
Well that’s why I put him in a 442 in the first game ffs but people still moaned about that then

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Would have been a good tactic.
Whatever I did that end of the field I still have Maguire at the back though and that doesn’t go down well

Šjor Bepo

Well that’s why I put him in a 442 in the first game ffs but people still moaned about that then
just ignore what people say, you lost and will probably lose here because of Maguire not because people think Ronaldo in a 442 isnt at home

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
just ignore what people say, you lost and will probably lose here because of Maguire not because people think Ronaldo in a 442 isnt at home
fecking slab head

just wait,30 years from now there’ll be a draft and someone will pick Maguire and have a big write up about how he captained Man Utd and England for years and was a beast in the air and could hit it out from the back with raking passes to the wings and those fools who never seen him play will rate him.

Šjor Bepo

fecking slab head

just wait,30 years from now there’ll be a draft and someone will pick Maguire and have a big write up about how he captained Man Utd and England for years and was a beast in the air and could hit it out from the back with raking passes to the wings and those fools who never seen him play will rate him.
id play around with back 5 as there you can actually provide a case for him with england, its a weak case but its a case!

ronaldo sparky kanchelskis
anderson fletcher
evra maguire moran neville hargo​

Enigma_87

You know who
Would have been a good tactic.
Whatever I did that end of the field I still have Maguire at the back though and that doesn’t go down well
Fletch is much better holder than hargo. Hargreaves was too rash at times and lacks positional awareness.

that being said I don’t think it’s that much of an issue as slabhead. I mean he is 6th choice for us at times for a reason.

unfortunately this I think is the decider. Evra/neville and a plain 4-4-2 looked mint but Maguire and Forster is a real liability at the back.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Fletch is much better holder than hargo. Hargreaves was too rash at times and lacks positional awareness.

that being said I don’t think it’s that much of an issue as slabhead. I mean he is 6th choice for us at times for a reason.

unfortunately this I think is the decider. Evra/neville and a plain 4-4-2 looked mint but Maguire and Forster is a real liability at the back.
Fair comments

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Well done sjor, much better through the middle than my team

Šjor Bepo

Mason Mount with his haters in this draft.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I feel he is the most attacking of a midfield 3. I think everything else is not optimal although he can do those jobs on occasion.
I mainly thought of his role in Tuchel's 343, where he played his best football - different formation & playing a bit higher, but a similar central/wide drifter position, methinks. Probably a redundant discussion, as Sjor will upgrade anyway :D

Šjor Bepo

I mainly thought of his role in Tuchel's 343, where he played his best football - different formation & playing a bit higher, but a similar central/wide drifter position, methinks. Probably a redundant discussion, as Sjor will upgrade anyway :D
tempted to play him because of reception, will see what will be offered in RR