Uwe seeler 1936-2022

Red the Bear

Something less generic
One of the greatest to ever do it Cafe has a sizable German population so you might wanna pay tribute if you can.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Oh no! I literally asked my friend to take a photo next to his ridiculous foot statue yesterday.

Such an amazing player. Rest in peace.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Rest In Peace, Uwe Seeler

One of the best strikers of all time, an amazing player. His heading ability was exceptional.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Football aside, he seemed like a genuinely good guy. A humble, down to earth guy who had all the reasons to become arrogant, but never did. Instead he always remained this positive person, who treated everyone with respect and kindness. A rare breed and a great loss. Not just for the world of football.
May he rest in peace.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I think he would have been better remembered among footballing circles had an even better goal scorer didn't immediately take his mantle whose achievements overshadowed himself.

And what a shame as neither of them remain with us, and Germany has failed to produce a striker coming close to their sheer excellence ever since.

May they both rest in peace.

Tommy79

I think he would have been better remembered among footballing circles had an even better goal scorer didn't immediately take his mantle whose achievements overshadowed himself.

And what a shame as neither of them remain with us, and Germany has failed to produce a striker coming close to their sheer excellence ever since.

May they both rest in peace.
After a bit of info as you seem in the know, that highlight bit, would klose, klinsmann, Muller and Voller not be up there in goal scoring with him given their records are similar, with Muller been the closest ?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
After a bit of info as you seem in the know, that highlight bit, would klose, klinsmann, Muller and Voller not be up there in goal scoring with him given their records are similar, with Muller been the closest ?
I would say seeler was comfortably a level above all of them, his club record doesn't seem as impressive due to most of it transpiring before Bundesliga's foundation but his goalscoring stats is northeast spectacular.

Muller who himself is rather under rated comes closest but I say his playing profile and style is a tad different so not sure if it's appropriate to compare them.
I think that's a fair assessment, others could chime in if they want to correct me or add to my post.

JuliaScalaR

Supports
noone in particular
Can't really comment on his footballing exploits. However, whenever I heard him talk or saw his demeanour in public, he seemed like an ordinary, down-to-earth guy and just a very decent human being.
Good guy Uwe.

Moriarty

I never saw him play in the flesh, but I remember him playing for West Germany in the 1966 and 1970 World Cup tournaments. I remember too the header he scored past Peter Bonetti in the quarter-final that tied the game at 2-2.