Valentin Barco

Adnan

Talent Spotter
19 year old LB who plays for Boca Juniors and is showing a extremely high level of technical and tactical ability at such a young age. His weight of pass with either foot from out wide or coming into midfield looks very impressing already. His ability to evade and resist pressure whilst receiving passes in confined spaces also looks to be a impressive part of his game.

Looks an absolute gem imo and one to keep an eye on in the near future.

glasgow 21

19 year old LB who plays for Boca Juniors and is showing a extremely high level of technical and tactical ability at such a young age. His weight of pass with either foot from out wide or coming into midfield looks very impressing already. His ability to evade and resist pressure whilst receiving passes in confined spaces also looks to be a impressive part of his game.

Good spot looks talented ,Chelsea will have him bought by Monday though he hasn't a FBREB stat so the guys at Chelsea might be stumped for a week.
He is 5ft 6 so that is the stumbling block for our team.

SparkedIntoLife

Meant to be a huge prospect. He'll get his first Argentina cap this year. There's a throwback element to him; looks like one of the warrior defenders that Argentina were famous for in the 90s but he's also impressive going forward.

On a different note, he got booked in that game for a no look pass. Supposedly provocative. Ridiculous decision IMHO.

Borninthe80ts

He reminds me of the type of left back Argentina used to have 20 years ago. Dynamic, attacking and combative. I believe he has been tried in central positions too which affirms his technical levels. I like his bravery in taking people on too. Definitely has high potential.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Newcastle need a left back. Barco -> Barcodes?

Malkovich

I watch some Argentine league, him and Alejo Véliz are the two standout prospects. I have no idea where Beltran got his hype though.

Ekeke

I watch some Argentine league, him and Alejo Véliz are the two standout prospects. I have no idea where Beltran got his hype though.
Beltran has 0.8 goals per 90 mins, the highest of players under 24 in Argentina. Veliz is 0.6 but younger

Alvarez was a goal per game in his final season at River and 0.6 at City last season

Beltran also has 2.4 key passes per 90 mins. Veliz has 0.6

Alvarez had 2.5 in his final season at River

Beltran like Alvarez will set team mates up as well as score. Veliz does not. Something that Kane is very good at...

avgp_1

Very highly rated. City, as is usual with young Argentine prospects, have been linked with him for a while

Malkovich

Beltran has 0.8 goals per 90 mins, the highest of players under 24 in Argentina. Veliz is 0.6 but younger

Alvarez was a goal per game in his final season at River and 0.6 at City last season

Beltran also has 2.4 key passes per 90 mins. Veliz has 0.6

Alvarez had 2.5 in his final season at River

Beltran like Alvarez will set team mates up as well as score. Veliz does not. Something that Kane is very good at...
That's because Beltran plays for a much better team. He never stands out at anything when I watch.

Yes Veliz profile is not a player who can create assists etc. More like a pure header, runner, finisher bit like Cavani.

Ekeke

That's because Beltran plays for a much better team. He never stands out at anything when I watch.

Yes Veliz profile is not a player who can create assists etc. More like a pure header, runner, finisher bit like Cavani.
Theres a reason he starts at the top team and is their top goalscorer at 22

Veliz is mostly just good in the air. Scored 4 goals with his head. More of a physical striker who might end up just a plan B off the bench for Spurs. At 19 he has plenty of time to improve and add things, but right now he doesnt have them. He reminds me of Macheda in some ways

To the topic at hand, Barco looks good going forward from the video posted by the op. It looks like that was his first good performance at left back though with almost all his other good performances coming when he's played in an attacking role. So may not end up a leftback, or at least a solid one

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Brighton would be the correct next step for him. Pity he isn't right footed.

mattunited1978

doommonger
Wish we would be pro active on a couple of these kinds of deals each summer.

Enough evidence to show its a worthwhile venture, but, as always, we seem asleep or unaware

BerryBerryShrew

How good are our South American scouts?
Good enough to pick up on Caicedo's talent in Ecuador before any other top club did.

The scouts are probably begging us to sign this kid; it's not their fault that the dumbasses above them in the hierarchy are indulging EtH's Dutch/personal connection obsession at all costs.

Ahmer Baig

Good enough to pick up on Caicedo's talent in Ecuador before any other top club did.

The scouts are probably begging us to sign this kid; it's not their fault that the dumbasses above them in the hierarchy are indulging EtH's Dutch/personal connection obsession at all costs.
Thank you. This is how our scouting deptt has been undermined when the hierarchy doesn't listen to them. For once the club and manager need to trust the scouts.

Malkovich

I don't know how to create topics, but apart from Barco and Véliz, there is a player I am sure will be a world beater, Gabriel Moscardo from Corinthians, a 17 year old 6'1 DM who plays with extreme elegance already at his age. I would try to get him while he hasn't hit the hype machine yet

Sea-Cow

From the clip it looks like he is operating in CM more than LB. But, he also looks brilliant at it!

Fergie, sign him up!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't know how to create topics, but apart from Barco and Véliz, there is a player I am sure will be a world beater, Gabriel Moscardo from Corinthians, a 17 year old 6'1 DM who plays with extreme elegance already at his age. I would try to get him while he hasn't hit the hype machine yet
I've been watching Moscardo and he does look a talent for his age. But I think it's a little bit too early for a thread on him just yet.

Hoof the ball

A general description for the job of a scout can sound really sketchy.

"I travel the world and watch kids."

Seriously, though. Barco is the kind of kid that is either nailed down to join Brighton, or immediately join City and become one of the best full-backs in the world within a single year.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
From the clip it looks like he is operating in CM more than LB. But, he also looks brilliant at it!

Fergie, sign him up!
I'm watching him play for Boca in the Libertadores Quarter final against Racing Club and he's playing upfront alongside Cavani. He's drifting wide and coming in-field but he exudes class.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He goes off injured in the 48th minute, which means I can now go to bed.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Good spot looks talented ,Chelsea will have him bought by Monday though he hasn't a FBREB stat so the guys at Chelsea might be stumped for a week.
He is 5ft 6 so that is the stumbling block for our team.
I came in here intrigued by who the hell this thread was about. I did not expect Chelsea to be catching stray bullets in the very first reply :lol:

glasgow 21

I came in here intrigued by who the hell this thread was about. I did not expect Chelsea to be catching stray bullets in the very first reply :lol:
Honestly I was tracking Washington and you bought him :)

Borninthe80ts

It’s really impressive to me when someone so young can have an affect in so many ares of the pitch. His ability to go past players helps but it’s what you do when you get there.

Argentina seem to have a new wave on the horizon after a few years of drought, can see him leading the charge.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
21, plays CM for Boca.

So it's not Cristian Romero but actually Cristian Medina.

Thanks for pointing him out to me mate. And yes I have watched Medina play a little but need to watch more of him to form a opinion.