Van der Sar makes reds pledge

Number7

Ret's Slave
Van der Sar ready for United

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Article.asp?id=282768

Van der Sar ready for United

Manchester United new boy Edwin van der Sar has spoken of his delight at landing a dream move to Old Trafford.

The experienced Holland international has been a long-term target of Sir Alex Ferguson and the Scottish tactician has now finally landed his man.

United have experienced difficulties in replacing former favourite Peter Schmeichel and van der Sar is the latest to step from the shadow of the big Dane.

Van der Sar admits that the decision to quit Fulham for United was not a difficult one to take and is now looking forward to continuing his long and distinguished career in Manchester.

''Of course you're happy if you get a chance to join United,'' said van der Sar.

''You don't have to think about that for a very long time. I think first contact was about eight-nine days ago and yesterday we sort of concluded it.

''Maybe in the back of my head I had the idea of that possibility but I was fully committed to Fulham until the end and I think that showed.

''The manager Cookie (Chris Coleman) called me, he was happy with me and wished me all the best.

''Of course the next two years will be great for me. I hope to bring United back to where they belong and that is in the top position.

''I signed a two-year deal, had a few talks with the manager, he explained my role and what he wants from me, so it's clear for me what I need to do and I will perform the best I can.''

Van der Sar admits that David Gill sold the club to him whilst he was back in his homeland and that despite off-the-field turmoil with regards to the club's takeover, the able custodian is predicting a bright time for the Manchester giants.

''I had a good chat also with Gill in Holland,'' he continued.

''He explained a lot of things about the club, also the new takeover and position of him and Ferguson and everything seems in place perfectly to get some more success at Old Trafford.

''I'm not thinking of retirement, I wanted to finish my career at Ajax. Maybe at end of this contract it's the end for good for van der Sar but I've got two nice years to look forward to and i'll do my utmost to perform at the level that's required at United.''

edn33

Sack Fergie, sell Giggs, sign Mourinho and help me
Each time United played Fulham, VDS was a really tought man to beat.

Now that we have acquired VDS, I am happy. He is certainly better than Carroll and Ricardo.

Welcome to the Red Devils.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
New Goalkeeper Throws Down The Gauntlet

United's new signing Edwin van der Sar already has Chelsea's title in his sights.

Speaking for the first time since his transfer to Old Trafford, the Dutch goalkeeper said: "They (Chelsea) had quite a good season! Hopefully we can change that next year and maybe with a couple more adjustments in the team, we'll be ready for them."
(thats intresting)
Edwin insists he left Fulham - Chelsea's West London neighbours - on good terms. He told Sky Sports:

"I was fully committed to Fulham until the end. The manager (Chris Coleman) called me. He was happy for me and wished me luck with my new club.

"The next two years will be great for me. I hope to bring United back to where they belong, the top position."

United78

ehsanul said:
New Goalkeeper Throws Down The Gauntlet

United's new signing Edwin van der Sar already has Chelsea's title in his sights.

Speaking for the first time since his transfer to Old Trafford, the Dutch goalkeeper said: "They (Chelsea) had quite a good season! Hopefully we can change that next year and maybe with a couple more adjustments in the team, we'll be ready for them."
(thats intresting)
Edwin insists he left Fulham - Chelsea's West London neighbours - on good terms. He told Sky Sports:

"I was fully committed to Fulham until the end. The manager (Chris Coleman) called me. He was happy for me and wished me luck with my new club.

"The next two years will be great for me. I hope to bring United back to where they belong, the top position."

F*&k throwing down anything just save instead!

With a bit more confidence our already not so bad defense could be even better!

Dino

I remember he played really well against arsenal in a couple of games.He made great saves and was voted man of match.Still happy that he came cause he has the confidence and aura to be the chosen one.It is also not easy to play for a smaller club because the defense isnt as good as the top clubs. So if VDS can perform and be alert for these club,he will definitely be for United.

Aub

What's with all the ***? Is it copyright protection or something?

Aub

Neil Thomson

All textspeak is now being cleansed from this forum, and users of it shall be publically humiliated and listed on the Hall of Shame in the Admin/Mod Forum.

You have been warned.

Red Devil

I was watching Through the night and he said that after his 2 yr contract is up he wants to play at Ajax. that bothered me a bit. Shouldn't he want to play for a longer contract at United?

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
It would have been strange if his ambitions had been any lower IMO

MalibuKen

now we will have a keeper who is recognized as a solid perfomer, he will give the defence stability.

COME ON VDS!! :keano: