VAR and Refs | General Discussion | May 15: Premier League clubs to vote on proposal to scrap VAR from next season

Thom Merrilin

The new laws concerning time wasting and players staying down faking injuries…really worked well tonight.

Thought the games flowed a lot more and generally the players got back on their feet pretty quickly.

Also general respect towards the refs was good.
Really? I thought the Wolves players were staying down injured constantly in the first half but there was only 2 mins added on. I was sure it'd be 8 or more.

They need to just move to a stop clock system.

Anustart89

People need to stop mentioning Onana incident. Penalty without question. It doesn’t get more penalty talking about it.

That should not take away that we should have been given penalty in first half for handball when ball was going towards goal. This need to be in the light. But knowing how football in England works everybody will be saying we were lucky. Just because we are Man Utd.
The handball wasn't a penalty. More importantly however is that there was a situation in the second half where Antony lobbed the ball over their keeper and their keeper came in and made contact with Antony after the ball had gone. No and no VAR review was made which, judging by the silence on the matter, was a correct decision. Yet at the other end a goalkeeper colliding with a player after he's made contact with the ball is the injustice of the century. I agree that it could easily have been a pen, but why the double standards on a situation that's not identical, but very similar in the key aspects of it (player gets ball, goalkeeper comes in late and makes contact with player while attempting to save/catch the ball).

90 + 5min

The handball wasn't a penalty. More importantly however is that there was a situation in the second half where Antony lobbed the ball over their keeper and their keeper came in and made contact with Antony after the ball had gone. No and no VAR review was made which, judging by the silence on the matter, was a correct decision. Yet at the other end a goalkeeper colliding with a player after he's made contact with the ball is the injustice of the century. I agree that it could easily have been a pen, but why the double standards on a situation that's not identical, but very similar in the key aspects of it (player gets ball, goalkeeper comes in late and makes contact with player while attempting to save/catch the ball).
I forgot about that incident. Looking at replays that could also been given penalty. So there you got one more against us. Similiar situations. Thank you for pointing out. I still think first half handball was penalty.

Zed is not dead

The refereeing for both games of Marseille against Panathinaikos has been an absolute joke.
Incredible, truly incredible.

I hoped that with Michael Oliver tonight rhe game wouldn’t be negatively affected by refereeing but the VAR checks have been inconsistent at the very least

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Pool as always getting those jammy decisions in their favor. They should've been 2-0 down within 3 mins and now Allison should've been sent off.

90 + 5min

LiVARpool working hard today. Lets see if this referee gets consequence. Bournmouth should go all out in press conference and demanding justice.

Chief123

Ref buys the dive and then Salah scores from a shit saved penalty. Classic Liverpool. :lol:

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
It's a stupid challenge from the Bournemouth player but i dont think he actually makes contact.

RyRy11

If that's a pen then we should be getting 10 penalties a game. It's like being taken down by a leg hair, embarrassing.

90 + 5min

So in first half We have Bournmouth denied a penalty. Alisson not getting red card. And Liverpool given penalty. This is Anfield.

Media is going to be just silent about this and the FA will not do anything.

Now change Liverpool for us. Alisson for Casimero and this would be totally different.

BerryBerryShrew

So in first half We have Bournmouth denied a penalty. Alisson not getting red card. And Liverpool given penalty. This is Anfield.

Media is going to be just silent about this and the FA will not do anything.

Now change Liverpool for us. Alisson for Casimero and this would be totally different.
The media double standards are even more infuriating than the clear VAR bias toward Liverpool.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Second angle shows that contact was bare minimal. Pool player started diving before tackle. Shit decision.

Baneofthegame

Apparently the Bournemouth red card is a
Yellow all day and the Bournemouth penalty is never a pen, so the media say.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
The Pool penalty is a pretty clear dive for me. I don't think he gets much contact if any and he is already going down. I thought they were going to clamp down on that. If you dont want players to dissent you need to overturn stuff like that with VAR.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
The Pool penalty is a pretty clear dive for me. I don't think he gets much contact if any and he is already going down. I thought they were going to clamp down on that. If you dont want players to dissent you need to overturn stuff like that with VAR.
It’s horrendous. No two ways about it. There’s no way that gets called at the other end.

90 + 5min

That is not red card. What is VAR up to? Is it so they can say, look We gave Liverpool red card, so people can forget about first half?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Disgraceful, United got shafted, thats as blatant a handball under the current rules as one could ask for.

Revan

Assumptionman
This was as ridiculous as the decision that went in our favor last week. As a stonewall penalty as you are ever gonna see.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The indignation here makes me laugh. We all knew we weren't getting anything after the other night. Eye for an eye. Get over it.