VAR and Refs | General Discussion | May 15: Premier League clubs to vote on proposal to scrap VAR from next season

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Why is he blowing up if the linesman hasn't lifted his flag ? Can only be a brain fart of a decision.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The entire City XI surrounded the ref and Haaland told the ref to "Feck off" about a dozen times during the incident and and after full time.

They're a law unto themselves. Easy for refs to act Billy Big Bollocks and send off a no name player like Dunk for giving them grief but they're terrified of reprimanding the stars, probably because they're under orders not to, because it hurts the "product."

wr8_utd

:'(
Amusing because it's City but that is genuinely one of the worst decisions I've ever seen.

SER19

He's got that spot on, Grealish was covered fully by 3 spurs defenders and without advantage. The reaction is one of utter shock that a call has gone against city.

Patiently awaiting the Haaland ban.

Manncunian

He's got that spot on, Grealish was covered fully by 3 spurs defenders and without advantage. The reaction is one of utter shock that a call has gone against city.

This can’t be a serious post :lol:

Ole'sgunnarwin

What in the blue hell are you talking about?

SER19

This one is actually hilarious. It's like he's actively trying to sabotage City! :lol:
If he was trying to sabotage them, he wouldnt have played the advantage in the first place. He's made a 50:50 judgement call that Grealish was about to be tackled by any number of the spurs players. Seen them given.

NotThatSoph

If he was trying to sabotage them, he wouldnt have played the advantage in the first place. He's made a 50:50 judgement call that Grealish was about to be tackled by any number of the spurs players. Seen them given.
I know you're probably joking, but this is when he blew the whistle. I'd say this is quite a bit bigger of a chance than a freekick in your own half.

SER19

I know you're probably joking, but this is when he blew the whistle. I'd say this is quite a bit bigger of a chance than a freekick in your own half.

its before that screengrab, you can see the city player already protesting and 2 spurs players stopped and looking the other way

NotThatSoph

its before that screengrab, you can see the city player already protesting and 2 spurs players stopped and looking the other way
He was clear.

Grealish isn't the fastest, but it's extremely clear that this chance is a lot better than a freekick in your own half. Again, I assume you're joking.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He was clear.

Grealish isn't the fastest, but it's extremely clear that this chance is a lot better than a freekick in your own half. Again, I assume you're joking.
To be fair, Grealish would have manipulated a foul out of that situation all day.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He was clear.

Talking about anything City related with that man is like talking to a wall wasting your time.

CoopersDream

Haha, funny because it happened City but what kind of a decision was that? He shows advantage, Haaland plays Grealish through and he decides to call it back. Comedy refereeing.

C'est Moi Cantona

Haha, funny because it happened City but what kind of a decision was that? He shows advantage, Haaland plays Grealish through and he decides to call it back. Comedy refereeing.
Even more comedy that no doubt City will now scream about cheating and corruption.

It was just yet another referee cock up, every club has suffered from them this season.

Unam333

The only thing I can think of is that he didn't see Grealish. Nothing else makes any sense. There was certainly no flag for off-side.
Yeah, I think the ref just had a brainfart. It happens sometimes.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
The only thing I can think of is that he didn't see Grealish. Nothing else makes any sense. There was certainly no flag for off-side.
So he thinks Haaland is kicking it in behind the Spurs defence for fun? :lol:

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
Does anyone enjoy football anymore? Let's just ask the officials what score they want before kick off and save us all the nonsense in between. Football is dead or dying.

SER19

He was clear.

No that ball is moving too remember, its a footrace between grealish and the defender at top. Not much in it. I think the reaction is largely due to how rarely a city goes 'against' city. If that was in the 50th minute for example, I dont think theres such scrutiny.

90 + 5min

Does anyone enjoy football anymore? Let's just ask the officials what score they want before kick off and save us all the nonsense in between. Football is dead or dying.
It was bad decision. But to write that knowing what your club is being investigated for is little bit to much.

Everybody know by now that the only ”big” team being on wrong side of pretty much every important decisions are ManUtd. It is no secret.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
A few mistakes with VAR protocol today I think. No idea what was going with the var at times in our game with the Colwill one. Also our pen is just about clear and obvious.

Ref has had an absolute nightmare here, or its fixed":.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vid...eaves-city-enraged-richards-i-dont-understand

As bad a call as the Newcastle hand ball earlier in the week. Ref will probably be stood down for a week.

I think football was a better sport and entertainment without var, there were mistakes but people accepted them.

Now there are still mistakes but we're 300 pages on this thread because everyone feels like the officiating should be perfect but it's actually dogshit.

JustAGuest

Funny to see the outrage from City given how many dubious calls have gone their way this season.

Giggsyking

I like this post.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
It was bad decision. But to write that knowing what your club is being investigated for is little bit to much.

Everybody know by now that the only ”big” team being on wrong side of pretty much every important decisions are ManUtd. It is no secret.
Watching football these days though, you can't even celebrate goals. Gotta wait for VAR to actively find something to rule it out.

The officials are still getting huge decisions wrong game after game after game, but with less excitement in the sport since you have to wait for the all clear on everything.

It's dying.

Withnail

Also when City have won three leagues in a row and the treble last year and they're railing against the establishment. Amazing stuff

TheReligion

Abusive
Watching football these days though, you can't even celebrate goals. Gotta wait for VAR to actively find something to rule it out.

The officials are still getting huge decisions wrong game after game after game, but with less excitement in the sport since you have to wait for the all clear on everything.

It's dying.
Agreed

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

It's dying.
Agree, I've stopped celebrating goals.

90 + 5min

It's dying.
Money and all this rule changing stuff have killed football. VAR is big part of it.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I think we witnessed the death of football once we heard "Sheikh Mansour, my lord" being sung in the terraces.

Oranges038

Has he feck, it was a good advantage played.
Haaland stayed on his feet and Grealish is through, there's no way he should be blowing the whistle unless a Spurs player gets to the ball first.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Keep saying this again and again but how obvious does it have to get before people will stop calling these incidents mistakes and call them for what they are, which is cheating/corruption.

You don't accidentally play advantage then change your mind when the team you're giving an advantage gets through on goal, do you? There is no way to explain that as an honest mistake and even if it is, it's so incompetent the ref should be immediately sacked.

If I made a mistake that bad in my job I would be sacked