VAR and Refs | General Discussion | Forest go into meltdown

SER19

Disgraceful how that can be allowed.

That's your typical foul the ref will blow instantly for. They know they can goal hang and bundle over our players, outnumbering us and ref will play on. If that's at the other end it's a foul on the Liverpool player and the game stops.
Yeah its a clear foul. Textbook foul, but fernandes is an unpopular player and the recent Fulham thing annoyed people. Everybody happy to call dive. Its as clear a foul as you'll see and similar will be given at least once in second half

SB16

No way in hell was that a foul. Won cleanly, Bruno just went down expecting a foul and everyone else gave up.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I’m used to blind bias in this thread but for people to complain about that not being given as a foul is another level.
The issue I have is its always given. Its almost guaranteed a similar tackle even today will be given, for or against us, it doesn't matter.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Was it the one on Bruno? If so you can not be serious?
Oh look Jev’s in this thread arguing that United were not infact hard done by. It must be a match day.

Jev

The issue I have is its always given. Its almost guaranteed a similar tackle even today will be given, for or against us, it doesn't matter.
It’s a clean tackle, he plays the ball. In what parallel universe is that always given?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s a clean tackle, he plays the ball. In what parallel universe is that always given?
He barrelled him over from behind and then hooked the ball away.

Bubz27

No parallel universe. Gets the ball because he hits Brunos leg.

Even just there, the freekick on the edge of the box. Bruno gets the ball, hits Szlobs foot as he kicks through. Liverpool foul.

Hammondo

No parallel universe. Gets the ball because he hits Brunos leg.

Even just there, the freekick on the edge of the box. Bruno gets the ball, hits Szlobs foot as he kicks through. Liverpool foul.
Anyone got a replay from a decent angle?

Bubz27

Garnacho just got pulled down too. No foul. Bruno gets the ball, Liverpool freekick on the edge of area.

redshaw

Text book how you can swing games by giving fouls and then not giving them. We had the momentum and could've gone 2-0 then it's all gone to shit. Players get frustrated and the team breaks down, it's an uphill battle the whole time in our seasons while these refs even up some false injustice from the 90s 2000s.

If we're to get back we have to walk on water.

ManUnitedCanuck

Text book how you can swing games by giving fouls and then not giving them. We had the momentum and could've gone 2-0 then it's all gone to shit. Players get frustrated and the team breaks down, it's an uphill battle the whole time in our seasons while these refs even up some false injustice from the 90s 2000s.

If we're to get back we have to walk on water.
Early on he allowed Endo and McAllister to clearly take players out when we were breaking…that has a big impact…considering McAllister could have been off or had to let our next attack progress.

ManUnitedCanuck

Think I counted MacAllister on four deliberate tactical fouls leading to only one yellow card...
Changes games but never gets discussed.

City were similar with Fernandinho, he’d get away with it all the time which stops teams and allows them to play higher up with the pitch with no concerns.

OldSchoolManc

Referees can kill a team with micro decisions and it happens to United consistently.
This is not a Rawkish view

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Some of the decisions were a joke today.

Also where did he get the injury time?

90 + 5min

As usual we had to work twice as much because some of decisions today were just crazy. Starting with their goal.

Oranges038

Ref was awful, ridiculously bad. Thought VAR may have said this was worth a look too… studs, dangerous.

I think Dixon said they both got there about the same time :nono:

Worse than MacAllister hitting someone in the chest, collapsing and getting the FK

Not a red, it's a 50/50 both were high off the ground going for the ball, AWB is the one with studs showing up, I'd have a hard time calling that a yellow.

MacAllister should have got about 3 yellows.

Josep Dowling

Mac Allister boot to Maguire chest whilst on a yellow. Somehow gives the foul the other way.

4 minutes extra time at the end for no reason whatsoever.

RedRocket9908

Youve got to feel sorry for Amad getting a yellow for that, his first yellow was wrong as well.

I can understand why its a yellow but surely he could have let it go given there was no time left anyway, if he had have commited a yellow card foul the ref would have let him off as he was already on a yellow so why is this different.

Jerry Garcia

For me that was one shocking decision. I was expecting red for MacAllister.
I was too. I couldn’t believe he gave the foul against Maguire. Mac Allister was lucky to have not been sent off earlier in my opinion. He really should have had two yellow cards in the first half.

redshaw

Lets not forget Bruno got a yellow for trying to play a free kick quickly a few matches ago. The rules we're reversed for Bruno, he got a yellow instead of the opposition player that got in the way. Today rules are back to normal and Amad gets a yellow.

The dissent I've seen from players and managers since Dalot got two yellows in seconds has been incredible. Just in isolation the Dalot getting two yellows was blatant feckery of the highest order from a slimly bastard. How can the club and others not raise this issue.

ETH gets a yellow for nothing and we have antics up and down the pitch sideline each week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ref was awful, ridiculously bad. Thought VAR may have said this was worth a look too… studs, dangerous.

Worse than MacAllister hitting someone in the chest, collapsing and getting the FK

A pal was trying to tell me Brunos and this one were similar.

But Gomez has stormed in high foot, studs out.
McAllister was sillier though, studded Maguire in the stomach and somehow got a foul for him,

Cpt Negative

I thought the ref let a lot go today which led to a good game.

Bruno, MacAllister and Gomez all could have gone but he kept them on. I thought he had a good game - didn’t give any soft free kicks for players falling over with no contact, exactly as it should be.