VAR and Refs | General Discussion | Forest go into meltdown

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Apparently from then comments they've retrospectively Hawkeyed it and the decision was correct. However, if they truly can't tell and are 'guessing', as per the tweet, they should be sticking with the on-field decision.

Exactly yeah, massive error on protocol.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

One of the worse refereeing decisions in football this year.
The most egregious part to this is the following week City earned a penalty for this similar incident with the defender even closer to the attacking player. And I recall there was another similar incident within a week or two that also earned the attacking side a penalty with the defender closer to the attacker than Romero was in his incident.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
The most egregious part to this is the following week City earned a penalty for this similar incident with the defender even closer to the attacking player. And I recall there was another similar incident within a week or two that also earned the attacking side a penalty with the defender closer to the attacker than Romero was in his incident.
Arsenal?

90 + 5min

We need theFA to learn from referee and VAR that was in place at Anfield today. Let Premier League referees learn from them. If not, start taking referees from other countries to take charge of games in Premier League. Difference of level is just amazing.
No strange VAR decision, no 10+ min extra time, no made up rules, no nonsens.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Think Arsenal got a pen against Spurs?

AndrewMac

I would support a review system of 5 a season. Not bloody 1 each half like Linekar suggested.

VAR should only be for the major big howler. We can't have a perfect 100% decision making process as everything is not always black or white.

If you give each club 5 reviews (and if you don't waste it and it's correct then you can keep that review) we will only stop for the major howlers. Furthermore, when players get angry and go nuts at a referee - the ref can easily tell them if they are so confident to use a review.

The review would have to be initiated by either the goalkeeper (who would have the best view) or the captain, and be done within a few seconds of the ball hitting the net.

Taking away fans rite to celebrate is killing the game.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
The worst part is that the only reason he is somewhat close to the ball is becauae he threw himself with arms raised into that position. So the fault is 100% on the defender.

Nothing can defend that decision.
It's not intentional hand ball and it doesn't meet the guidance for making your body bigger , exactly.

I really think they should empathise hand ball has to be deliberate and all the rest is just bullshit about on if a movement is "on purpose" gaining an advantage.

Rossa

It's not intentional hand ball and it doesn't meet the guidance for making your body bigger , exactly.

I really think they should empathise hand ball has to be deliberate and all the rest is just bullshit about on if a movement is "on purpose" gaining an advantage.
He goes into the challwnge with his arma raised like a handball keeper. Either intentional or he’s an idiot.

RedRocket9908

It doesnt need to be intentional the arm just needs to be in an un-natural position which it was, clear penalty for any club except us.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Somebody please post the video of Reinildo trying to punt Savinho into midfield :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Atletico - Girona

We should just abolish refs at this point :lol::lol::lol:

Bobski

The 2 pens given in the Copenhagen v Utd game earlier this season showcased the problems with the current interpretation, even if you think they are pens the punishment is ridiculously harsh for an inadvertent action.

Neither were pens, nor was the one given to Utd in the FA Cup final, the one not given against Spurs was blatant.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Dermot Gallagher will 100% be declaring that hand ball incorrect.

There’s going to be apologies at the final whistle and a weeks worth of scousers crying in the media talking about it in the build up to matches United aren’t involved in.

90 + 5min

Dermot Gallagher will 100% be declaring that hand ball incorrect.

There’s going to be apologies at the final whistle and a weeks worth of scousers crying in the media talking about it in the build up to matches United aren’t involved in.
Clear penalty. Put his arm wide. Didn’t have time to put them back. He knew that.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No way that’s a pen. It’s a free kick outside the area

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
No way that’s a pen. It’s a free kick outside the area
To be honest on replay i'm not even sure it's a foul, but yeah, outside the box and good use of VAR for once

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Christie just ran into him.
Yep. Tbf live it looked like an obvious foul anf VAR can't change the decision once it's established it's outside the box. Because the drunken bozos on trycicles said so :houllier:

(Not that they would have corrected the call anyways because don't wanna make a mate look bad innit ;))

Jev

The referee made three very suspect decisions. The Dalot free kick for having his shirt pulled. AWB for winning the ball. Maguire for existing at a corner.

You can't rule out match fixing / fixed betting when you see decisions that unusual.
Ehh … not sure we should be the ones complaining today.