VAR and Refs | General Discussion | Forest go into meltdown

mas17

Supports
Arsenal
Utd fans thought they were in a title race. Humbled

Admin Edit - Stop reporting this. They're gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralaks

The Bruno pen is ridiculous. He got the ball and had to jump to avoid clattering Allison. He should have just went into him and got the pen.

90 + 5min

Not that they are fault for our loss but they had some performance in second half. Once again rules are different when it comes to us.

Anustart89

The Bruno pen is ridiculous. He got the ball and had to jump to avoid clattering Allison. He should have just went into him and got the pen.
Yeah you need to kick the keeper so the referee can see that you’ve been impeded. It’s the same when players go down before an inevitable contact and pundits go “oh he went down before the challenge it’s a dive”, without understanding that intentionally leaving a leg there risks injury to two players.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It'd have been the same as at Arsenal away. He'd have got taken down and VAR would decide they wouldn't correct the ref.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal

Disgraceful behavior. Ban and a fine should be unavoidable.

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
And gets a yellow card most games for it. We all wish he would stop.

In no other game does that extra extra time get added on like that.
It literally happens in tonnes of games, like it is supposed to, just because some refs do their job badly it doesn't mean you are meant to get mad at the refs who do their jobs correctly.

I assume this comment was just a overaction to a rival scoring a stoppage time winner because if not then it's a very very bizarre thing to think.

RedRocket9908

That wasnt a pen in my opionion as there wasnt much contact, Bruno acted daft moaning about it not being given instead of getting on with the game.

There was also the penalty shout for the handball as well but I dont feel that was a penalty either although I have seem similar penalties given.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
No punishment for Bruno Fernandes push on the assistant referee:
The United captain nudged the official close to the touchline during the second half at Anfield on Sunday, prompting calls for the incident to be investigated.
However, the FA have confirmed that no action will be taken against Fernandes because it was spotted by referee Andy Madley and his assistants and was not included in their report.
The FA, who recently wrote to all clubs reminding them of the responsibilities of all participants following a spate of incidents this season, will only take retrospective action if it is a clear sending-off offence and is deemed to have been missed by the match officials.
All those articles/studies about referees getting abused are already forgotten then, what a joke :lol:

cyberman

All those articles/studies about referees getting abused are already forgotten then, what a joke :lol:
Dermot Gallagher claims it’s because the linesman man handles Bruno first.
In another light that lineman gets in trouble

rajds89

The assistant puts his hands on Bruno first though? I’m actually surprised they aren’t throwing the book at him as it’s usually the thing to do whenever we’re involved.

I’ve noticed a lack of people being outraged at that wannabe Andy Carroll and his kick out at Shaw as an example of how those in the media and Twitter world.

cyberman

Watch it again. I have no idea why he acts that way. Are they even allowed to put their hands on the players?
As Dermot said the linesman actually manhandles Bruno more than the other way around

awop

Supports
Arsenal
The assistant puts his hands on Bruno first though? I’m actually surprised they aren’t throwing the book at him as it’s usually the thing to do whenever we’re involved.

I’ve noticed a lack of people being outraged at that wannabe Andy Carroll and his kick out at Shaw as an example of how those in the media and Twitter world.
Do you think the fact that Bruno swinging to kick the ball out of TAA's hand + pushing him made the assistant referee intervene or is it just because he hates United ?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Do you think the fact that Bruno swinging to kick the ball out of TAA's hand + pushing him made the assistant referee intervene or is it just because he hates United ?
Referees and assistant referees are supposed to deal with situations like that without putting their hands on footballers. That’s their job. If the players and officials start putting their hands on each other during heated moments the whole thing will fall apart.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
How on earth was this not a fecking red card? :houllier:

A red card is a bit much, i'd say a yellow is fair...for Luke Shaw petulantly shoving Nunez with his knee.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
He literally kicked out :houllier:
I know, he litteraly kicked out and swiped Nunez off his feet from behind before shoving his knee in his back. Still don't think it warrants a red card.
A strong word from the ref to Nunez for his reaction is needed too after he finished carding Shaw.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I know, he litteraly kicked out and swiped Nunez off his feet from behind before shoving his knee in his back. Still don't think it warrants a red card.
A strong word from the ref to Nunez for his reaction is needed too after he finished carding Shaw.
What on earth are you watching? Are you saying that Nunez retaliating with violent conduct is acceptable?

rajds89

Are you suggesting Bruno gives the assistant a slight nudge because he hates match officials?

awop

Supports
Arsenal
What on earth are you watching? Are you saying that Nunez retaliating with violent conduct is acceptable?
The same video you do i'm hoping. Shaw fouls him, shoves his knee in his back then Nunez retaliates. I don't remember saying it's acceptable, he should be talked to and if you absolutely insist also given a yellow card after Shaw. Are you maybe watching the video in reverse ? :confused:
Are you suggesting Bruno gives the assistant a slight nudge because he hates match officials?
No i'm suggesting he gives the assistant a shove because he has a disgraceful behavior/attitude problem that should be punished. He can secretly hate all match officials if he wants, it doesn't take away his actions.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
The same video you do i'm hoping. Shaw fouls him, shoves his knee in his back then Nunez retaliates. I don't remember saying it's acceptable, he should be talked to and if you absolutely insist also given a yellow card after Shaw. Are you maybe watching the video in reverse ? :confused:

No i'm suggesting he gives the assistant a shove because he has a disgraceful behavior/attitude problem that should be punished. He can secretly hate all match officials if he wants, it doesn't take away his actions.
What shaw did was barely a yellow card if any card ( ref didn't book him)

Nunez viotently kicks out at an opponent, red card. End of story.

You are either on a WUM or stupid.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Does it matter what goes first?
It doesn't but some of your fellow caftards think it does since the assistant ref touched Bruno's arm he's allowed to shove him back :confused: Or is your question only about Shaw v Nunez ? It doesn't either they should both have been yellow carded.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It doesn't but some of your fellow caftards think it does since the assistant ref touched Bruno's arm he's allowed to shove him back :confused: Or is your question only about Shaw v Nunez ? It doesn't either they should both have been yellow carded.
I've only seen people say that since Dermot Gallagher said it, but could easily have missed anyone saying it before.

My question was about you bringing up the order without any reference whatsoever to Bruno.

Just felt it was a strange thing to bring up.

rajds89

Assistant made the first move, Bruno reacted with a slight nudge. It’s no wonder your still only a newbie despite all your posts when you spout shit like you do.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Assistant made the first move, Bruno reacted with a slight nudge. It’s no wonder your still only a newbie despite all your posts when you spout shit like you do.
The magnitude of the defeat is clouding your judgement, that's understandable. It has now turned into anger and personnal attacks so i'll let you recompose yourself in peace.
As long as you know i'm right and Bruno should have been punished, it's all good mate.

rajds89

The magnitude of the defeat is clouding your judgement, that's understandable. It has now turned into anger and personnal attacks so i'll let you recompose yourself in peace.
As long as you know i'm right and Bruno should have been punished, it's all good mate.
The fact that the FA who are only ever to happy to punish us, haven’t tells me that my opinion is correct and yours is just that of a rival fan who for some reason spends a lot of time on another clubs forum.