VAR and Refs | General Discussion | Forest go into meltdown

Amir

I simply remember far less controversial penalties being reviewed for minutes whereas we’ve had 3 pens in 2 games where there was almost no time taken for a review
There definitely was time taken for review for Chelsea's second penalty. I think it took about three minutes until it was taken.

autopilot

Supports
Chelsea
Well that should be a red.

Edit: Damn, wrong thread.

Last edited:

PepG

Supports
Ajax
In every other country thats a straight red to Casemiro but nah in England the referee see things differently..

Jev

Does anyone have more slows of the Elliott penalty? Looked a dive from the whole one replay they showed.

Dan_F

In every other country thats a straight red to Casemiro but nah in England the referee see things differently..
Just as well. Can’t be giving out reds for ball winning slide tackles :)

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I only saw it once but I’m unsure, it obviously didn’t effect the result, but it was a bit too much of a lunge for me, but also didn’t create too much contact with the other player. Need to see again.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's Luis Diaz on the end of it tough. That cnut should've seen a yellow for elbowing Maguire when he lost his nerve during their earlier jostling. Ref was shit pretty much everywhere today.

LDUred

The ball went out of play, how far out does the ball have to be for a lino to call it.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If we’d had 3 penalties with no contact in a week, Talksport would’ve been slapped with a restraining order

Sancho99

I think he's played for it but it's a pen. It's another one of those where he leaves the leg in and he's not even moving towards the direction of where he's played the ball.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It’s a bad tackle but if you look at the actual contact then it’s never a penalty. I hate when commentators say stuff like Elliot did well to dangle his leg. Football is gone really, all game players are constantly diving

Golden Nugget

I find it weird that no one talks about Elliot not even having any control of the ball when the tackle happened, he passed the ball earlier and pushed his right leg into Bissaka after that. Never a penalty.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/s/KL9O44lsle
yeah I thought it was a penalty but watching that a few times, it’s a dive. AWB definitely shouldn’t have went down and gave him the opportunity, but it’s still a dive

Chumpsbechumps

It’s a bad tackle but if you look at the actual contact then it’s never a penalty. I hate when commentators say stuff like Elliot did well to dangle his leg. Football is gone really, all game players are constantly diving
Yeh, this “he gave the referee a decision to make” argument is bollox. It’s either a penalty or it’s not. It didn’t look as clear on replays but there seems to be an apathetic “if was a stupid tackle therefore deserved to give away a peno” type attitude.

Making a stupid tackle shouldn’t mean it’s more likely a peno.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
It's obviously a fecking stupid tackle from Bissaka, but Elliot has already played the ball and the only reason he connects with Bissaka is because he dangles his leg. It's a Harry Kane special.

I don't see why they are given when they've again and again talked about players instigating contact

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

Clear dive. But VAR does nothing. It's just pointless at this stage.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Clear dive. But VAR does nothing. It's just pointless at this stage.
I like how he drags his right foot, but realises that the contact from AWB isn't coming so he unnaturally pushes it to the right to stick it between AWBs legs. All of this while he's already falling over.

Yeah, at first I thought it was a penalty but now after seeing the slow motion reply and zoomed in it's clear that it isn't. Which I thought was the point of VAR.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I mean the fact it’s in super slow mo surely indicates in real time it may/may not be fishing for contact. Regardless though what on earth is AWB doing diving in and giving him the chance? Stupid defending.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I like how he drags his right foot, but realises that the contact from AWB isn't coming so he unnaturally pushes it to the right to stick it between AWBs legs. All of this while he's already falling over.

Yeah, at first I thought it was a penalty but now after seeing the slow motion reply and zoomed in it's clear that it isn't. Which I thought was the point of VAR.
Sums up my thoughts