Varane to Saudi league?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We only paid 29m, Casemiro is the main worry. I’d take a package deal though for the right price.

iHicksy

Is this why he's been dropped so much recently? His head's been turned?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I remember hearing a credible journalist say that Varane salah and a couple others were verbally agreed for next summer. This was back before the season started, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Roboc7

If we get a decent offer in January it would be stupid not to take it.

hobbers

Can see why the Real duos perfomances have gone off a cliff and ETH no longer trusts them. Both only invested in staying fit enough to seal their last pay off move

JBG

Sell... It looks like he's physically done at this level and rumours off him and ETH not really being best friends atm as well

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I remember hearing a credible journalist say that Varane salah and a couple others were verbally agreed for next summer. This was back before the season started, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Aye maybe. Can easily see Casemiro heading there too, while we won't make all our money back we could certainly look to recoup substantial amounts.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
@choccy77?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
It’s a shame as we’ve only had 1 season of consistency excellent performances from him, despite him being one of our highest paid players and one we’d expect to be one of our best players.

The other thing is if he goes, who do we replace him with? We’re back to square 1 it seems.

Pronewbie

Peep
I'd be happy to let Casemiro and Varane go this summer if only because they can still fetch decent sums. We need to rebuild (again) because of poor buys over the past 2 seasons. I don't know if we can be smarter with our money under the partially new regime though. I also don't know if Ten Hag will still be around in the summer.

Pronewbie

Peep
It’s a shame as we’ve only had 1 season of consistency excellent performances from him, despite him being one of our highest paid players and one we’d expect to be one of our best players.

The other thing is if he goes, who do we replace him with? We’re back to square 1 it seems.
Barring a miracle, expect us to perform at Conference League level over the next few seasons.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Very worrying.

Soon, back to having no winners in the squad, and the unchallenged group of senior players (Rashford, Shaw, Maguire, Bruno) that have consistently let us down in the past and reigned over a toxic dressing room.

We are well on our way to having an entitled midtable squad.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
It's a shame he's going as he is our best defender. But it's clear from his body language that he no longer wants to be here

Bwuk

I'd be very surprised if Varane & Casemiro aren't playing in Saudi after January.

Kaos

Certainly one of the easier players to flog there for a decent price. Big reputation, perennial champion both for club and country, and not outrageously old. I'd expect making back what we paid for him to be realistic.

Irwin99

Well, unless we bring in someone else that leaves Evans, Maguire and Lindelof for the right centre back slot, all three of which aren't really good enough to be anything more than squad players at best. Varane was probably a poor signing overall but that's kind of depressing.

It's really hard not to feel negative about our squad sometimes and the extent of the rebuild that must happen.

tomaldinho1

Another short sighted awful signing. On crazy wages but can’t even stay fit. Hope he takes Case, Antony and Sancho with him.
Antony and Sancho retain some value given their age though. That's the issue with the old player transfers - it's just money down the drain unless they are the last piece of a puzzle and there's no younger options.

Theo88

I cant understand why we say he was a bad transfer. The guy was 28 when he got here. Yes injury record is bad, but at the same time most defenders peak at that age. Realistically speaking it was on paper one of the best transfers we ever sealed at that value. He has been awful this year but can we honestly say that when fit he wasn't miles ahead of competition? I would ignore this year completely if he is set to go he just cant be arsed but he was class for us

Chairman Steve

I get the feeling he’s mentally checked out after last season. I think his heads been turned by Saudi rather than a falling out with ETH.