Varane to Saudi league?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Need to keep proven winners in the dressing room and manage their game time.

We can’t let Ten Hag dismantle the squad and leave us with a weak, slow squad with no proven winners or leaders

THE ZOL

Daddy Sancho
Supports
Al-Merreikh (Omdorman)
Varane: a testament to humility and professionalism.

Imagine being a World Cup winner and having four Champions Leagues and then you come to United and find yourself the fourth choice behind a Jonny Evans released by relegated Leicester, Harry Maguire who became a laughing stock after injuries decimated his already clunky frame and Victor Lindelof who is almost perpetually destroyed in physical duels.

Imagine your manager saying that you were dropped for “tactical reasons” before a derby which your team lost 3-0 at home anyway.

Imagine being dropped because apparently you’re not good enough on the ball, even though your team doesn’t even play out from the back and kicks it long anyway.

Imagine being known for having an unreal left-footed switch of play and then being told you can’t play because you can only play right-side centre-back and Maguire is the right-sided centre-back even though Maguire’s best form for club and country has been as the left-sided centre-back.

Imagine being dropped for Maguire, who apparently has superior ball playing abilities despite the fact that Maguire rarely goes into good spaces to offer an option when the goalkeeper is being pressed.

Imagine the manager eventually having no choice but to bring you back when forced to do so by injuries as his job is on the line, and plays you at left CB, with Maguire and Evans at right CB, having been initially told that you cant play there.

Imagine then effectively buying this under-pressure manager time by putting in a near spotless performance vs FC Bayern and being our MoTM as we kept a clean sheet at Anfield in games we were expected to be hammered. In the latter, Scott McTominay was also picked as your captain.

Never at any stage did Varane kick up a fuss although in the Copenhagen away game I thought he showed his contempt for the manager a bit. Maybe he’s won it all already so he just wants to collect his pay cheque. Maybe he just hates confrontation. I don’t know. But what I do know - he’s still an incredible player who can put in world-class performances. We must keep him!

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's a great opportunity if there really is interested clubs in January.

red_de_pologne

Need to keep proven winners in the dressing room and manage their game time.

We can’t let Ten Hag dismantle the squad and leave us with a weak, slow squad with no proven winners or leaders
I think it’s quite obvious ETH doesn’t want him to go, if we sell him it’s a cost cutting move from the club.

justsomebloke

Is there a way I can scrape this data off of the Caf? I think there are a lot of good insights you can get out of that.
Only way I know is to go the match day page, which has all of the matches listed at the bottom of the page, and then look them up one by one.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Varane: a testament to humility and professionalism.

Imagine being a World Cup winner and having four Champions Leagues and then you come to United and find yourself the fourth choice behind a Jonny Evans released by relegated Leicester, Harry Maguire who became a laughing stock after injuries decimated his already clunky frame and Victor Lindelof who is almost perpetually destroyed in physical duels.

Imagine your manager saying that you were dropped for “tactical reasons” before a derby which your team lost 3-0 at home anyway.

Imagine being dropped because apparently you’re not good enough on the ball, even though your team doesn’t even play out from the back and kicks it long anyway.

Imagine being known for having an unreal left-footed switch of play and then being told you can’t play because you can only play right-side centre-back and Maguire is the right-sided centre-back even though Maguire’s best form for club and country has been as the left-sided centre-back.

Imagine being dropped for Maguire, who apparently has superior ball playing abilities despite the fact that Maguire rarely goes into good spaces to offer an option when the goalkeeper is being pressed.

Imagine the manager eventually having no choice but to bring you back when forced to do so by injuries as his job is on the line, and plays you at left CB, with Maguire and Evans at right CB, having been initially told that you cant play there.

Imagine then effectively buying this under-pressure manager time by putting in a near spotless performance vs FC Bayern and being our MoTM as we kept a clean sheet at Anfield in games we were expected to be hammered. In the latter, Scott McTominay was also picked as your captain.

Never at any stage did Varane kick up a fuss although in the Copenhagen away game I thought he showed his contempt for the manager a bit. Maybe he’s won it all already so he just wants to collect his pay cheque. Maybe he just hates confrontation. I don’t know. But what I do know - he’s still an incredible player who can put in world-class performances. We must keep him!
They may say you’re a dreamer…

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think it’s quite obvious ETH doesn’t want him to go, if we sell him it’s a cost cutting move from the club.
The rumoured rift and dropping him from the team for far worse CBs makes me think otherwise.

Longlivekeano

I woulD rather sell Lindelof and Maguire to Saudi Arabia.

varane is a steady player. The other two invites panic. Lindelof gets bullied in the air while Maguire gets bullied ny pact forwards on the ground. Varane can reasonably handle both types

tomaldinho1

I woulD rather sell Lindelof and Maguire to Saudi Arabia.

varane is a steady player. The other two invites panic. Lindelof gets bullied in the air while Maguire gets bullied ny pact forwards on the ground. Varane can reasonably handle both types
Not sure we'll be getting many bids for Lindelof sadly.
Issue with Varane is it's so hard to plan to build a team around him, even last season where he was comparatively good, he missed 15 games across all comps. When you add he's not a young promising player anymore it makes any potential bid a no brainer if it's half decent. Will free up a huge amount for spending given his wages as well.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I love the guy but he is stealing a wage. Get rid.

Abraxas

He's pointless.

He might still be our best CB but he wasn't what he was billed to be in that department, has offered no leadership or anything above being a player, and as a player you can never build any kind of partnership with him.

If there's an opportunity to shift his salary away and get any kind of fee I'd take it.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I think that we need to sell him, Casemiro and Bruno. We don't need that kind of players. I would add Shaw and Garnacho to that because they have too much technique.

We need more players like Antony, McT, Maguire, Awb.....
Screw technique and winning mentality. Solution for success is weak mentality and less technique.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think that we need to sell him, Casemiro and Bruno. We don't need that kind of players. I would add Shaw and Garnacho to that because they have too much technique.

We need more players like Antony, McT, Maguire, Awb.....
Screw technique and winning mentality. Solution for success is weak mentality and less technique.
Yout think we need to sell Garnacho and Shaw for lack of technique? Weird take if so.