Verratti

Idxomer

What a footballer, playing like that best midfielder in the world today.

He is the player Liverpool thought they would get with Thiago.

arnie_ni

Just commented in the game thread that he's my favourite player to watch. He's always free and never seems to misplace a pass.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Will play his entire top level career for PSG. Always wanted to see him in one of the big leagues.

Pirlo'sBeard

United should have signed him from Pescara.

It was clear he was a sensational player.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Arguably the best controlling midfielder in the world when fit. Shame he's been in PSG his whole career, and shame about the injuries really.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
World class. Some called him overrated :lol:

Welbeckham

Fantastic player. His constant injuries and wasting his best years in Ligue 1 are the only reasons why he’s hardly mentioned as one of the greatest players in that born in the early 90’s group.

arnie_ni

Just commented in the game thread that he's my favourite player to watch. He's always free and never seems to misplace a pass.
Nothings changed. His first touch, his spacial awareness.

He knows we're all 20 outgirlders are all the time.

Skills

Snitch
Him winning 100% of his aerial duels is more damning on England. He's like 5'6

Kostov

He's so so good. When people say we are good in midfield and Fred and McT can do the job, they should think of someone like Veratti, that's the level required for his club. I would love him in a United shirt.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Huh, have to say I'm quite surprised with the number of created chances. He is very reliable on the ball but I thought Jorginho was more important figure for Italy.

I love watching him play football, reminds me of Xavi with light movement and spatial awareness.

led_scholes

99.9% of his passes were sideways/ backpasses 2 meters away. He was always going for the safe pass. Really, Italy played much better without him. Jorginho and Barella were trying to be positive but Veratti misplaced all his forward passes. He is a really good player, but if he is considered WC, then for me his the most overrated WC.

Womp

idiot
No-one really gives a feck cause he plays in France, but he's immense. Everyone's known that for a while.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Great player but an insufferable knob to watch because of his incessant complaining. He's always the first one to mob the referee and wave imaginary cards at every tackle.

Great player and controlled the midfield in the final, as we knew he would. He does play it safe more often than not though which can be a fair criticism.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
99.9% of his passes were sideways/ backpasses 2 meters away. He was always going for the safe pass. Really, Italy played much better without him. Jorginho and Barella were trying to be positive but Veratti misplaced all his forward passes. He is a really good player, but if he is considered WC, then for me his the most overrated WC.
He's created more chances than any other player in the 2020 Euros, and 2 yesterday. If he's a underrated WC, every other midfielder needs to step up bigtime.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Brilliant player but I wasn't as impressed as the stats are portraying. Good numbers but it didn't seem so during the game to me. Jorginho seemed to be the orchestrator of all positive they did.

Wayne's World

Best player on the pitch last night, absolutely dominant on the ball and when defending, the ball stuck to him like glue when winning the ball back

World Class

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He's fit as feck too. :drool:

I had an ex who looked like the pub version of him, same pint size too.

led_scholes

He's created more chances than any other player in the 2020 Euros, and 2 yesterday. If he's a underrated WC, every other midfielder needs to step up bigtime.
Which chances? The one was because of his header, which one was the other? So thats 1 out of 119.
Similarly, he assisted Barella in the game vs Belgium, but Barella had to skip 3 players.

Highfather_24

Similar to Thiago and Scholes in style of play. An absolute joy to watch. Would be my favourite player if he was at United.

RUCK4444

Similar to Thiago and Scholes in style of play. An absolute joy to watch. Would be my favourite player if he was at United.
Reminds me of Scholes a lot. Which is MASSIVE praise imo. Brilliant little player, able to dictate the game.

One of the primary reasons I won’t forgive him for wasting his peak years in a farmers league collecting a cheque.

Arran_Devil

Supports
United/Rangers
Exactly the type of player we should now be looking for to dictate our tempo for the next 5 years.

Highfather_24

Reminds me of Scholes a lot. Which is MASSIVE praise imo. Brilliant little player, able to dictate the game.

One of the primary reasons I won’t forgive him for wasting his peak years in a farmers league collecting a cheque.
Agreed. Registas are so good to watch. Carrick, Alonso, Pirlo, Busquets. And also metronomes like Scholes, Veratti, Thiago, Modric, Kroos etc. They are my favourite type of footballers.

Just a joy to watch. They make football elegant and beautiful.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Which chances? The one was because of his header, which one was the other? So thats 1 out of 119.
Similarly, he assisted Barella in the game vs Belgium, but Barella had to skip 3 players.
He has 3 assists, which is tied for 2nd: https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/statistics/players/attacking/

During the course of the tournament he's listed as having created 12 chances, more than any other outfield player.

I'm not going to go out of my way and justify the public statistics, if you want to apply your opinion and disagree with numbers that's fine, I'm just relaying facts, I don't have to defend them.