Victor Lindelöf shirt number discussion

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Don't they fix the name sort of to make it more suited to english though? Several dutch players don't spell their name correctly just to be more marketable. Letters outside A-Z will not be considered.
Özil? Can't think of other examples like

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Özil? Can't think of other examples like
Don't they make exceptions for turkish players because half their alphabet is like dots and lines above letters? We will see how they work it out. Might be Lindelof, without the spots so to say. I know you are charged some extra bucks to get special letters when ordering a shirt. They cut the dots out from a letter, like the edge of an "I" and then glue it on. But that was 15 years ago when I last bought a shirt.

Nick7

Don't they fix the name sort of to make it more suited to english though? Several dutch players don't spell their name correctly just to be more marketable. Letters outside A-Z will not be considered.
Nope. The only rules are the name on a shirt must correspond to what the player and club registered as and the names have to be in Latin script with accents and umlauts allowed.

Dutch players names, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, are essentially English translations of the Dutch names, not mandated changes.

Tiber

74 ... just for those who get super wound up about shirt numbers

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Nope. The only rules are the name on a shirt must correspond to what the player and club registered as and the names have to be in Latin script with accents and umlauts allowed.

Dutch players names, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, are essentially English translations of the Dutch names, not mandated changes.
That's good news for players with lots of stuff in their names. Think I'll go get myself a Lindelöf shirt unless there's a bigger name coming in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Don't they make exceptions for turkish players because half their alphabet is like dots and lines above letters? We will see how they work it out. Might be Lindelof, without the spots so to say. I know you are charged some extra bucks to get special letters when ordering a shirt. They cut the dots out from a letter, like the edge of an "I" and then glue it on. But that was 15 years ago when I last bought a shirt.
Turkish alphabet is very similar to the German alphabet with the addition of the (sort of) silent g and the i without the dot.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Martial's one, I assume - isn't that a Swedish tradition?

Web of Bissaka

#14 ~ his common shirt number @ Benfica and Sweden, currently Lingard's.

#2 ~ Defender's number, and reportedly, that's his promised shirt number last January, number is available.

#15 ~ Vidic's number :devil: there'll be comparison with the legendary Serb if Lindelof's wearing this, available number (Januzaj doesn't count).

:cool: Personally, I want Lindelof to wear kit number #15.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/First-Team.aspx

Robertd0803

Off topic but those who are horrified by players that play in certain positions wearing unusual numbers, I saw earlier Asomoah Gyan wears number 3 and he is a striker. Horrifying. :lol::lol:

Back on topic, either he will have number 2 or number 4 if Jones gets sold. Makes the most sense unless he has a preference for a certain number.