Victor Osimhen

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
That's not the point. The point is that such interest can be quantified through clicks etc. The more interest there is for the brand the easier it is for our marketing team to sell the club to sponsors. Which is why almost everything United does turn into a saga. This year there's the FDJ saga, the Ronaldo saga, the Antony saga, the club leaks left, right and centre. The past two years it was Sancho's signing and then we broke the internet with Ronaldo. LVG, Mourinho and Moyes said that we're not a football team anymore but a business. They are right.
Spot on.

The Original

Osimhen 100m. :lol:
Anyways, here is my scouting report on him after watching him in serie A regularly since he moved to Napoli.

Strengths
Aggressive
Pacey
Gritty
Physical
Hard worker
Team player
Very good aerially
Very good hold up play
Can play as a lone striker
Bring others into play

Weaknesses
Inconsistent
Finishing not top level
Technically not great
Can go spells without scoring
Aesthetically worse than lukaku
A bit injury prone (Not so muscles related)
Not capable of spectacular on his own

My assessment - Decent but that’s it. Not a prolific scorer but adds something to your team. Creates chaos. Can bully mid to lower table clubs. Would take you to top 4 but not good enough for a team challenging for titles. Whenever I watch him I see him as a poor man’s Drogba.

Price - £ 50m in today’s market I would go for. Not your 20-25 goals / season striker but more like around 15 goals.
That's not true. he has a far more consistent first touch, and clean technique on the pass. He won't necessarily go on mazy runs but definitely has much better close control than Lukaku.

He's also every bit the big game player, and has already scored against every premier league team he's faced in the Champions League, and singlehandedly ran Bayern ragged.

I can honestly say I've never seen Osimhen lose an arial 50 - 50.

Last edited:

Dominos

It is meant to distract. It's the oldest trick in mass-manipulation, change the news cycle so them being horrible is not top news.

Consider the alternative of no news and it's obvious why they want all this baseless hype.

Fans demand rebuild. That means - buying good players. If they do nothing – protests continue, talks of Ratcliffe buying them out intensifies. All the things they don't want. So they plant stories about how they are making bids for great players, fans go "what if they really do, wouldn't that be awesome", then the transfer window closes, Glazers shrug their shoulders saying "well, we tried..." and everybody moves on. Crisis averted.

They have done it so many times, for so many years, that it is laughable people still fall for this bullshit, but here we are...

Like literally there are hundreds of pages long posts here people enthusiastically discussing the topic of us buying Osimhen (no chance happening), Antony (extremely unlikely), De Jong (utter bullshit) and you tell me that me saying it's just distraction is "weird"? Come on, mate!

Of course I have no proof that it is Glazers, of course some of it can be agents, but I know who benefits from it, I know United absolutely employees people who plant stories, so - is some of these also Glazers? Feck yeah.
You think Joel Glazer is ringing up Di Marzio to plant stories in the Italian media that 99% of United fans will never even hear about.

The idea that the transfer window closes and "everybody moves on" is nonsense, fans get royally pissed off when we don't get the signings we need.

::sonny::

Mendes offered again Ronaldo to ac milan and napoli

For Napoli, Mendes offered this opportunity 100+Ronaldo with the 75% of the wage paid by United

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
You think Joel Glazer is ringing up Di Marzio to plant stories in the Italian media that 99% of United fans will never even hear about.

The idea that the transfer window closes and "everybody moves on" is nonsense, fans get royally pissed off when we don't get the signings we need.
No, Joel Glazer doesn't ring up Di Marzio, Joel Glazer also doesn't run on the pitch in his underwear on the game day. Joel Glazer employees people who do it. Do you want me to explain to you how it works? Journalists have "sources" inside clubs who help them break stories that club is fine them breaking, in return a lot of journalists also publish planted crap.

Dominos

No, Joel Glazer doesn't ring up Di Marzio, Joel Glazer also doesn't run on the pitch in his underwear on the game day. Joel Glazer employees people who do it. Do you want me to explain to you how it works? Journalists have "sources" inside clubs who help them break stories that club is fine them breaking, in return a lot of journalists also publish planted crap.
Sorry, one of Joel's henchman is under strict orders to plant obscure stories with random Italian journalists which 99% of fans will never hear about in a bid to win the fans approval when we inevitably don't sign him. Makes loads of sense.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It's an Italian journalist known for his sources in Italian football reporting on a transfer involving a player playing for an Italian club.

If your immediate reaction is that the Glazers or their henchmen must have fed him that story, that's straight up paranoia. The world doesn't revolve around Joel Glazer.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Would happily pay the Anthony money for him with Ronnie going the other way.

MrSingh2002

Can we afford to spend that on a ST
If we can't, we need new owners with bigger pockets. Replacing Ronaldo and Cavani isn't a small task and we've missed out on signing Nunez, Nkunku, Sesko and Scamacca so beggars can't be choosers really.

Ohsimen is the only one left and possibly available out of the 5 strikers I wanted United to be in for at the start of the window. Would bite Napoli's hand off and figure out the funds for the other signings.

I think we need Ohsimen more than we need Antony even. But if we can't sign both, a right back and a backup goalkeeper then we have to point fingers at the owners who have offloaded alot of our high earners over the past 3 years.

We have only a handful of scrap players left to sell/release. We should be able to buy new players now.

Amsterdam Devil

His manager already said Ohsimen wants to stay at Napoli and play CL football. This is not gonna happen.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Always so much talk about technique. I think both Martial and Memphis are superior to Haaland/Nunez in terms of «on the ball»-ability. Pep and Klopp still got them.

Haaland today had what? Twenty touches on the ball? Approx 2 percent of Man Citys total. If we got a player like Oshimen we would get him first and foremost for his off ball-movement.

captaincantona

Right…seen Napoli play a few times when supposedly this guy was on the pitch and didn’t notice him at all. Have watched his videos on YouTube and aside from an Ariel threat I don’t see much.

can anyone who actually watches this guy a lot explain the hype?

saik

Always so much talk about technique. I think both Martial and Memphis are superior to Haaland/Nunez in terms of «on the ball»-ability. Pep and Klopp still got them.

Haaland today had what? Twenty touches on the ball? Approx 2 percent of Man Citys total. If we got a player like Oshimen we would get him first and foremost for his off ball-movement.
Some serious under rating of Haaland there, clubbing him with Nunez. He might not be as silky on the ball as Martial is, but he is not a chump either. He is far better on the ball than you are giving him credit for.

SemirTuce10

Supports
Velež
We would be mad if we could sign him but of some reason we don't, this lad is quick, agressive
Osimhen 100m. :lol:
Anyways, here is my scouting report on him after watching him in serie A regularly since he moved to Napoli.

Strengths
Aggressive
Pacey
Gritty
Physical
Hard worker
Team player
Very good aerially
Very good hold up play
Can play as a lone striker
Bring others into play

Weaknesses
Inconsistent
Finishing not top level
Technically not great
Can go spells without scoring
Aesthetically worse than lukaku
A bit injury prone (Not so muscles related)
Not capable of spectacular on his own

My assessment - Decent but that’s it. Not a prolific scorer but adds something to your team. Creates chaos. Can bully mid to lower table clubs. Would take you to top 4 but not good enough for a team challenging for titles. Whenever I watch him I see him as a poor man’s Drogba.

Price - £ 50m in today’s market I would go for. Not your 20-25 goals / season striker but more like around 15 goals.
Even if i like lot of things you wrote, i can't agree with you. This lad can't fulfill his potential in Seria A. You mentioned few things with a really good argument, but one thing you should know, you wont never ever buy a player with skills like him for 50€m, when you accept that you will change your opinion or at least have a different stand of judging. This is exactly a player we should take a risk, mental strong beast which can develop his skills with a "modern coach". If we head even 15% of brain (i mean our stuff which work on scouting and transfers) they should be all in for this. I really wish this comes out for us and you will remember my words for years. My brother is a Juventus freak so we always watch together games, first time I saw him playing...couldn't believe nobody spotted him, then my brother told me the price..so Napoli was gambling so should we. Cheers mate.

ROFLUTION

Right…seen Napoli play a few times when supposedly this guy was on the pitch and didn’t notice him at all. Have watched his videos on YouTube and aside from an Ariel threat I don’t see much.

Her dad (Triton) threatened her in that movie, and that never really worked out. We should steer clear imo.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Love us to sign this guy! Exchange for Ronaldo! They won’t need to sell anyone then.

ShinjiNinja26

Some serious under rating of Haaland there, clubbing him with Nunez. He might not be as silky on the ball as Martial is, but he is not a chump either. He is far better on the ball than you are giving him credit for.
Exactly. Since when has Nunez been banded in with Haaland? This is an English media creation since he came into the PL with a big price tag and they’re running the City vs Liverpool for the title narrative.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Wouldn’t you like him to be part of your world?

croadyman

Worrying to see so many weaknesses on his whoscored page with that sort of price tag

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Only ever reached 20 goals in a season (all comps) once. In the Belgian league. No thanks.

GioF

I’m half Neapolitan so I watch a lot of Napoli games. Osimhen is quality and is phenomenal on the counter attack. When he got injured Napoli fell apart.

For the record the guy we need to be getting a deal sorted for in the next 18 months is Kvaratskhelia. Can’t even begin to tell you guys how impressed I have been with him so far this season. Napoli just bought him for €10m but he will be a €50m player by the end of the season.

croadyman

I’m half Neapolitan so I watch a lot of Napoli games. Osimhen is quality and is phenomenal on the counter attack. When he got injured Napoli fell apart.

For the record the guy we need to be getting a deal sorted for in the next 18 months is Kvaratskhelia. Can’t even begin to tell you guys how impressed I have been with him so far this season. Napoli just bought him for €10m but he will be a €50m player by the end of the season.
Well we are still playing on counter so would fit Erik's system like a glove then

Trex

Well we are still playing on counter so would fit Erik's system like a glove then
Our goal today wasn't from a counter attack, it was well worked.
It's similar to Sancho vs Liverpool, cut backs after overloading wide areas.

croadyman

Our goal today wasn't from a counter attack, it was well worked.
It's similar to Sancho vs Liverpool, cut backs after overloading wide areas.
Yeah actually that is very true, so how would he fare in that kind of setup, maybe someone from Napoli can shed some light

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Of the possible striker options I've seen enough of to have an opinion on, he's the one I'd like the most (price tag aside). Young, tall, strong, fast, presses well and is very dangerous in the box. As long as you don't expect your CF to get overly involved in general play I haven't seen anything to put me off.

Stats-wise last season he was 92nd percentile for non-penalty goals, 91st for non-penalty xG, 91st for tackles in the attacking third and 84th for pressures in the final third. To put that goalscoring rate into context, here's a comparison with two other players you'd know in terms of their non-penalty goals per 90 in the Serie A:

Osimhen: 0.57, 0.64
Lukaku: 0.51, 0.56
Ronaldo: 0.54, 0.59, 0.74.

And in terms of what I said about him being dangerous in the box, the below showing where he gets his goals/chances is telling: