Vinicius Junior

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
To think they burn effigies and jeer him in Spain every week. Quality player

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Don’t know what changed Perez’s approach but your business since he got elected again after Calderon has been generally excellent, for nearly 15 years. Only Kaka, James Rodriguez and Hazard are high-profile flops, the business refreshing that 3peat CL side in particular is astounding, Camavinga, Valverde, Tchouameni, Bellingham, Vini, Rodrygo. If this kid Endrick turns out to be an adequate successor to Benzema then you can be set for the next 5 years at least, with investment only in the defense.
He also got rid of Di Maria, Robben and Sneijder, and we lost Odegaard and Hakimi in part to fuel his Mbappé obsession

Plus there was the whole hiring Pellegrini, sacking Ancelotti to replace him with Benitez, his De Gea obsession, Lopetegui, letting the media run Zidane out of the club the second time...

Also i'm not sure I'd classify James as a flop
Endrick looks like he might be pretty good as well.
Let's hope so

InfiniteBoredom

He also got rid of Di Maria, Robben and Sneijder, and we lost Odegaard and Hakimi in part to fuel his Mbappé obsession

Plus there was the whole hiring Pellegrini, sacking Ancelotti to replace him with Benitez, his De Gea obsession, Lopetegui, letting the media run Zidane out of the club the second time...

Also i'm not sure I'd classify James as a flop
Swapping Di Maria with Bale basically wasn’t exactly bad business though (and yes I know Di Maria played midfield in that first CL win, but then Casemiro-Kroos-Modric). Robben still had pretty terrible fitness record after he left for Bayern (think he made more than 20 league appearances twice in the time he was there) and Sneijder had 2 great years before declining steeply. Don’t think any of them is bad business in hindsight even if you could’ve used them in a particular campaign. James is a flop, he was on your book for 6 years and made a total of 85 appearances.

Can’t argue about the managerial appointments/sackings, but you came out of those not too shabby either. Probably the biggest blemish is just the league record, should’ve won more Ligas after Pep left.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Swapping Di Maria with Bale basically wasn’t exactly bad business though (and yes I know Di Maria played midfield in that first CL win, but then Casemiro-Kroos-Modric). Robben still had pretty terrible fitness record after he left for Bayern (think he made more than 20 league appearances twice in the time he was there) and Sneijder had 2 great years before declining steeply. Don’t think any of them is bad business in hindsight even if you could’ve used them in a particular campaign. James is a flop, he was on your book for 6 years and made a total of 85 appearances.

Can’t argue about the managerial appointments/sackings, but you came out of those not too shabby either. Probably the biggest blemish is just the league record, should’ve won more Ligas after Pep left.
I mean in hindsight it all worked out sure, but getting rid of Di Maria really was nonsense at the time and remains a bad decision, as was sacking Ancelotti the first time and hiring Benitez

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Benzema 22/23: 21G 4A (CL + Liga)
Rodrygo 22/23: 11G 11A (CL + Liga)
Vinicius 22/23: 17G 15A (CL + Liga)

Vinicius has 34.7% of goals and 50% of the assists.

Messi 14/15: 53G 27A (CL + Liga)
Suarez 14/15: 23G 19A (CL + Liga)
Neymar 14/15: 32G 9A (CL + Liga)

Neymar had 29.6% of the goal and 16.3% of the assists.

The latter was just a far, far superior attack and while you can argue that Neymar was more creative than his assist number suggests, both the eye test and the stats do suggest that they didn’t rely on him anywhere near as much as Madrid’s attack is relying on Vinicius now. And Vinicius has more games to bump up his numbers even further.
Vinicius is not carrying that attack based on the numbers you posted.

Pirlo'sBeard

Been one of the top 3 players in the world with Mbappe and probably Haaland purely on the numbers, though the other 2 are far more talented and able to do it all on their own types.
I don't think Haaland is far more talented. Vini Jnr is electrifying.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You're technically correct but as a Madrid fan, I can tell you that Vini really has been carrying us on his back all season long

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ah fair then, I've only watched a few Madrid games outside the CL this season
Yeah and they're a pretty good picture of us this season. Ball to Vini and inshallah :D

InfiniteBoredom

The point I made in the initial post was ‘carry the attack at CL level’, if we just take the number in the CL in isolation, Benzema has 4G 1A, Rodrygo has 5G 2A, Vinicius has 7G 5A. Being responsible for 43.75% of the goals and 71.4% of the assists is pretty carry-ish, if you ask me.

My wider point all along was that he’s a better version of Neymar when they are both 22. Neymar finished that campaign with 39G 10A, Vinicius is already at 21G 23A, with a minimum of 6 more games to be played, and the latter played in a demonstrably stronger attack, with demonstrably stronger partners. He’s less of a goal threat, but more creative, more mature, more explosive, less likely to overindulge in tricks and playact. Not a very controversial take, you’d have thought.

He looks like their best player and has done for a year or so to me. Benzema can always find a goal out of nowhere but he can look invisible for large parts of a game, Vini is a constant threat.

Oranges038

He's quality. Loved that rainbow flick on the wing over Walker or whoever it was. Not enough of that type of thing in the game anymore.

He's got such great balance and control, would love a player like him on the wing at Utd.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Excellent performance yesterday. He moves the ball so intelligently, always seems to get the pacing right. One of the best for a while.

BerryBerryShrew

He's quality. Loved that rainbow flick on the wing over Walker or whoever it was. Not enough of that type of thing in the game anymore.
Flair with purpose is always brilliant to see. Compare that to Antony spinning pointlessly and you begin to understand why the media were up in arms over the latter but applauding the former.

BerryBerryShrew

Don’t know what changed Perez’s approach but your business since he got elected again after Calderon has been generally excellent, for nearly 15 years. Only Kaka, James Rodriguez and Hazard are high-profile flops, the business refreshing that 3peat CL side in particular is astounding, Camavinga, Valverde, Tchouameni, Bellingham, Vini, Rodrygo. If this kid Endrick turns out to be an adequate successor to Benzema then you can be set for the next 5 years at least, with investment only in the defense.
I think Hazard was a pure Zizou signing - I get the impression that Perez wanted Zidane to persist with Bale but Zidane was insistent. I wouldn't really consider Hazard a Perez flop.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Possibly, but not to that level. He has the ability I think, but Vinicius of recent years has the consistency not only over matches but also during matches.

This is Rashy's best season numbers wise, but in 19/20 and 20/21 his general play was much better I think.
19/20 yes, but definitely not 20/21. That was the start of a massive decline in form that was somewhat hidden by him still scoring quite a lot of goals. This season his general play has been somewhere in between. For quite a bit of the season he was similar to how he was in 20/21 (playing poorly but still getting goals) but during other periods he was playing genuinely well. In terms of general play Rashford was definitely better in 19/20 though despite the higher goal total (which I've been saying all season but many disagreed while he was in his purple patch).

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Been one of the top 3 players in the world with Mbappe and probably Haaland purely on the numbers, though the other 2 are far more talented and able to do it all on their own types.
Wait what, Haaland is the very definition of not able to do it on his own. He is heavily dependent on others.

Vini has been taking charge and leading our attack for a long time now. Relentless in pushing up, dribbling past multiple defenders, setting up others.

I’d much rather have Vini than Haaland (different positions etc sure).

Syphon Wallet

As if Mbappé didn't have an impressive record in the CL or for France. This argument is getting really old.
I never said he didn't.
I also stated he might be the better player, but he losses out for me due to the league he plays in.
Will always be an asterisk for me unless he moves.

Oranges038

Flair with purpose is always brilliant to see. Compare that to Antony spinning pointlessly and you begin to understand why the media were up in arms over the latter but applauding the former.
Yeah.

He reminds me a bit of Okocha, not in style but he just seems like a guy who wants to entertain and be creative but do it in a way that might lead to something.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wait what, Haaland is the very definition of not able to do it on his own. He is heavily dependent on others.

Vini has been taking charge and leading our attack for a long time now. Relentless in pushing up, dribbling past multiple defenders, setting up others.

I’d much rather have Vini than Haaland (different positions etc sure).
Haaland can't where mbappe and Vini can

IFC 1905

As I said at yesterday's match thread, I would like him way more if he didn't do the typical brazilian mediocre stuff that consists on raising your arms towards the crowd everytime he does something. Him and Rodrygo.

It makes me sick and I don't remember either Ronaldo, Ronaldiho, Kaka or Neymar doing that kind of bullshit.

Syphon Wallet

You only have to compare Lacazettes records in ligue 1 to put a little perspective on Mbappe.
Both before and after he played for Arsenal.

Syphon Wallet

As I said at yesterday's match thread, I would like him way more if he didn't do the typical brazilian mediocre stuff that consists on raising your arms towards the crowd everytime he does something. Him and Rodrygo.

It makes me sick and I don't remember either Ronaldo, Ronaldiho, Kaka or Neymar doing that kind of bullshit.
You mean when he was trying to lift the crowd?
What's wrong with that.

IFC 1905

You mean when he was trying to lift the crowd?
What's wrong with that.
A cultural thing maybe. In Argentina we call that "selling smoke" (when you have a certain behavior to try to win a crowd). You don't lift a crowd with your hands, play well and the crowd will lift on their own.

I understand it if it's a goal or something, but he gets a corner kick and does that, for example. I don't tolerate it.

Kostov

Vini and Rodrygo cost us a combined €120M in tranfers and agent fees. As a pair of 16 year olds. It was 2 huge gambles that paid off. There's a third, Reiner, who so far appears to be a miss
While generally I agree with you on how good they are in the SA market, didn't they pay a huge fee to secure Vinicius at a young age? They did that with someone, it may very well be him. It was laughed at at the time, as people tend to do, but they turned out to be the winners in the end.

In general though Real do really good business in the SA market.
I know about Reiner, we paid as much for Amad for example. But still Vini and Rodrygo seem to be to excellent gambles. I'd rather we go for a deal like Vini for 50m rather than all the scouting in the world and a manager who has worked with him previously to end up paying 100m for Antony for example.

IFC 1905

I know about Reiner, we paid as much for Amad for example. But still Vini and Rodrygo seem to be to excellent gambles. I'd rather we go for a deal like Vini for 50m rather than all the scouting in the world and a manager who has worked with him previously to end up paying 100m for Antony for example.
Reiner, Lucas Silva...there are many brazilian players they paid for that didn't make it.

Righteous Steps

A cultural thing maybe. In Argentina we call that "selling smoke" (when you have a certain behavior to try to win a crowd). You don't lift a crowd with your hands, play well and the crowd will lift on their own.

I understand it if it's a goal or something, but he gets a corner kick and does that, for example. I don't tolerate it.
In England we have something we call 'Nitpicking':lol:

swooshboy

Band of Brothers

You say that, but whenever a player does that, you hear the crowd instantly respond.

Think it just shows their passion - seems s strange thing not to tolerate!

IFC 1905

You say that, but whenever a player does that, you hear the crowd instantly respond.

Think it just shows their passion - seems s strange thing not to tolerate!

Yeah well I just feel some brazilian players over do it. If Vini did that from time to time it would be ok for me, but I feel he does it too much.

You won't see many argentines do that. And I think argentinian players are known for their passion.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think Hazard was a pure Zizou signing - I get the impression that Perez wanted Zidane to persist with Bale but Zidane was insistent. I wouldn't really consider Hazard a Perez flop.
Nah, I mean yeah, Zidane was the biggest sponsor for Hazard but we'd been in talks to sign him before he came back. Flo hadn't given up on Bale yet but he also wasn't pushing to persist with him either. Bale had his chance in 18/19 and blew it

This is such a petty post. Just admit that you can't stand him because you're argentinian instead of making shit up :lol:

All of Kaka, Dinho and Neymar did this, as do many argentinian players as well

Boycott

He plays like a video game footballer. As soon as he gets the ball he's on the run. So smooth on the ball and quick to fire off shots. Very fun player to watch and seems a good guy too.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah well I just feel some brazilian players over do it. If Vini did that from time to time it would be ok for me, but I feel he does it too much.

You won't see many argentines do that. And I think argentinian players are known for their passion.
Not really. Lots of players do it. If you watch United, you'll see Bruno do this all the time. Enzo has been at Chelsea 5 minutes and I've seen him do this multiple times. Rudiger used to do it all the time. Zinchenko does it every 2 minutes at the Emirates. Every team has a couple of players who like to interact with the crowd.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Not really. Lots of players do it. If you watch United, you'll see Bruno do this all the time. Enzo has been at Chelsea 5 minutes and I've seen him do this multiple times. Rudiger used to do it all the time. Zinchenko does it every 2 minutes at the Emirates. Every team has a couple of players who like to interact with the crowd.
All of them are secret Brazilians

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
That's harsh @giorno Visually, yes, Vini carries the attacks, and the fans. But mind you, we've seen Goes evolve into a useful player, Camavinga evolve into a worldie b2b leftback (!), Luka and Karim still going strong, and Rüdiger fit in as if he never did anything else. It's more than just a Vini inshallah season ime.
But then I also agree, why would you not seek Vini, when he simply has it? No wonder the envy :cool:

Btw, @IFC 1905 , Reinier fecked it up in Dortmund, wasn't able to accept he has plenty of work to do, instead compared himself -and let paps compare him- to Dortmund and not Madrid players, fell and fell, and is now at 500 minutes for Girona. Miles away from Vini's patience, and eagerness to improve, and that's on him entirely.