Vue Cinema's Showing Brighton Game

MPTutd

The Brighton game tomorrow is being screened at some Vue cinema's. Rather random I know, but thought I would pass it on in case anyone fancied going. I know my local one in Reading is certainly showing it. Checked out a few others locally too, and they are as well. Guess its a deal that BT Sport have with them.

AlwaysTheKop

Supports
Liverpool
Quite a good idea to be fair, because they are struggling... although I agree with football comes drinking and in a confined area, good luck!

I work for Odeon and our cinema hasn’t reopened yet because they aren’t doing too well overall with the sites that are open and films such as Tenet which they had high hopes for, didn’t do so great and got mixed reviews.
Just hope I still have a job when it comes to November and the new scheme starts.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
In a year of terrible decisions, that strikes me as right up there.

arthurka

People still live in pre Covid mentality as habits are hard to break.
But according to Trump he is going to save the world before election day that could become handy.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I dont understand how football is fine to show in a pub where people are congested in a smaller space indoors, but not in a stadium outdoors

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I can’t quite fathom how this is remotely a good idea given that the probability for transmission is higher in enclosed areas.

Then again I’m living in Melbourne, Australia, where we’ve been in lockdown for months with travel only permitted within a 5km radius. So I’m also a tad envious.

starman

Seems a bit desperate to make some money, I guess cinema audiences haven't picked how they would have hoped.

That said, pre Covid, using cinemas for games always seemed like a given and would of been great if it was a regular thing.

iHicksy

I dont understand how football is fine to show in a pub where people are congested in a smaller space indoors, but not in a stadium outdoors
Mate have you ever been to a football game? Serious question, not being a dick.

It's not so much once they're are in the stadium but getting in and out and all the bits in between which are the issue.

Basically there's no way to get the people into and out of the ground without them all being in extremely close proximity to each other. If you were going to see a game in London for example. You've got thousands of people crammed onto a a packed tube and tube station. Including massively increased police presence. Not to mention people queued outside the grounds and into turnstyles, then going to the toilet and queuing up for food. It's very, very different from watching in a pub. That's ten's of thousands of people potentially touching the same surfaces and intermingling in the same spaces.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Mate have you ever been to a football game? Serious question, not being a dick.

It's not so much once they're are in the stadium but getting in and out and all the bits in between which are the issue.

Basically there's no way to get the people into and out of the ground without them all being in extremely close proximity to each other. If you were going to see a game in London for example. You've got thousands of people crammed onto a a packed tube and tube station. Including massively increased police presence. Not to mention people queued outside the grounds and into turnstyles, then going to the toilet and queuing up for food. It's very, very different from watching in a pub. That's ten's of thousands of people potentially touching the same surfaces and intermingling in the same spaces.
Yeah I've been to many.

It goes without saying that parameters should be placed to allow for a socially distanced viewing. You can fill OT with 20% capacity and have them spread with different entry and exit times. It would be far better managed than the pubs which are massively a much higher risk.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
That was my "wait what" reaction as well. Football in a gold class cinema if there wasn't a pandemic going on would be a great idea though.