Waiting to the 87th Minute Before Subs

arnie_ni

Shite squad.

We should have been about 5 up and making defensive subs.

Adamsk7

No, we just don’t have any good players on the bench. I’d leave Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Bruno on too. All are capable of something special even on an off day. The entirety of our bench isn’t.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Why would you want to bring on Mata, Ighalo, Fosu-Mensah and James. I don't blame him. Williams was the only chamge we should have done early and that decision cost us i think. We need their left back playing for us, he looked class.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Once here and there isn't a big issue, but Ole seem perpetually slow when it comes to making changes.

Jev

Yeah, game management is Ole's great weakness, we've seen it time and time again. Rashford and Greenwood were both clearly not gonna produce anything today, and he waited way too long.

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!
good reminder that ole is indeed a terrible manager and that we need a striker and sancho very badly... rashford as been terrible since the restart and is slowly becoming danny welbeck .

Ventura

Our bench is weak so it's best to keep the best players on. Subbing good players for bad players won't magically change anything.

cyberman

I think its a sign we are having a clear out this summer. Theres players on our bench that Ole obviously never wants to work with again

crossy1686

career ending
Who gives a flying feck, seriously? We had 5 clear chances and fecked them all. Last minute subs are no where near our biggest fecking issue.

PoTMS

Absolute stupidity and a feature of Ole's management. This is literally what he gets paid to do, to manage the squad, and he can't even do that.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Truly absurd

And get fecked with your poor bench bollocks. A fresh players who will not do tired things is far more useful then someone who is clearly knackered.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Infuriating...subs should have come in around the 70th min.
Ole really needs to work on his in-game management.

Sanchez7

James and Mata showed in 10 minutes why they dont come on. Mata is finished physically and James is a championship level player.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yeah, James, Fosu-Mensah and Mata are really going to change the game if they are brought on sooner!

There's a reason why he doesn't go to the bench.

TheGodsInRed

Our bench is weak so it's best to keep the best players on. Subbing good players for bad players won't magically change anything.
Yeah our bench isn't the strongest but the players looked dead on their feet for the last 20 minutes. I knew the goal was coming and something needed changing.

VP

More importantly, I don't how any manager sees Rashford perform like that and still keep him on.

Dinghy

James, Fosuh Mensah, Mata and Ighalo. I'd wait longer.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
That and the fact the nonfootballer, James, gets on instead of Ighalo.

edit: to begin with. Ighalo did come on but way way too late

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Subbing tired for players for fresh players will obviously change things... Anyone knows that.

Sevilla won tonight not because of their quality, but because they wanted it more

Suedesi

Sevilla scored in the 78th - Ole waited 9 minutes to make a change. Fosu Mensah for Williams. Beyond words

Idiotic from Ole

Santos J

Yeah, James, Fosu-Mensah and Mata are really going to change the game if they are brought on sooner!

There's a reason why he doesn't go to the bench.
Exactly. If we had good options on the bench then I'd get the criticism but when this is the reality it's no surprise we expect more from a knackered Rashford/Greenwood than a fresh James/Mata/Lingard.

Tyrion

No, we just don’t have any good players on the bench. I’d leave Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Bruno on too. All are capable of something special even on an off day. The entirety of our bench isn’t.
Agreed. That's also why he ran our first team into the ground at the end of the league season. Our best players knackered are still much better than the others.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Solskjaer obviously doesn’t trust the players on the bench, and neither do I. Hopefully the board sees this and sanctions some deals to flesh out the squad with quality.

PogBruno

It's funny that whenever our forwards get one-on-one with goalie, I don't even bother expecting a goal