Television WandaVision

nimic

something nice
Scout
I'd expect the posters who've been vocal about the pace of the first 3 episodes to be fairly quiet from this point. Although it's been slow, it's also been fairly clear that they were working through an overarching concept and weren't going to spend hours doing a pointless pastiche of I Love Lucy. There might even be explosions! Imagine that! Actual fake explosions!
This isn't the gotcha you think it is.

Ekeke

I'd expect the posters who've been vocal about the pace of the first 3 episodes to be fairly quiet from this point. Although it's been slow, it's also been fairly clear that they were working through an overarching concept and weren't going to spend hours doing a pointless pastiche of I Love Lucy. There might even be explosions! Imagine that! Actual fake explosions!
It should clearly have happened 2 episodes ago. Why? Because even in this episode where its finally transformative, we still have to watch a repeat of the sitcom clips so that the people outside can react to it! And most likely the next episode too.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
It should clearly have happened 2 episodes ago. Why? Because even in this episode where its finally transformative, we still have to watch a repeat of the sitcom clips so that the people outside can react to it! And most likely the next episode too.
This is what I was thinking. The number of episodes they gave over to the sitcom concept, and how they transitioned between decades, ultimately would have had no effect on episode 4.

Sylar

This is what I was thinking. The number of episodes they gave over to the sitcom concept, and how they transitioned between decades, ultimately would have had no effect on episode 4.
Each episode was a different time period which they mentioned in ep4
To have done it earlier, they would have either had to have the episodes longer (IMO) or put different time periods in one episode and the change (outside occurrence) happening every 10 minutes or less which may have been a rush I think

I think they did it right when you take into consideration how long each episode is

One change I would have made is released 2 first week, then 2 second then weekly

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Each episode was a different time period which they mentioned in ep4
To have done it earlier, they would have either had to have the episodes longer (IMO) or put different time periods in one episode and the change (outside occurrence) happening every 10 minutes or less which may have been a rush I think

I think they did it right when you take into consideration how long each episode is

One change I would have made is released 2 first week, then 2 second then weekly
Your suggestion of an alternate way of doing it is exactly what I suggested, with a little more detail :D

Sanche7

Although I feel they spend way too much time in the sitcom world, this would have solved the pacing issues IMO. I can see the show getting better and better from here on but that doesn't mean the first three episodes didn't have any issues.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Either 2 and 2, or all 3 sitcom episodes at once and then weekly.

I think ep 3 by itself left a bad taste is some people's mouths

el3mel

Wow, this was fantastic. Just watched episode 4. Actually surprised they explained a good chunk of what's going on with such episode but I'm totally invested in it now.

el3mel

This is just a TV show, mate, you know that right ? Pretty much not the reason to take digs at others for their opinions on it. Not like anyone wanted the show to flop. This isn't the football forum. :lol:

I didn't like the first 2 episodes at all but I have been enjoying it since the 3rd one.

Sylar

Your suggestion of an alternate way of doing it is exactly what I suggested, with a little more detail :D
Fair enough haha. I think, as said before, marvel and Disney + were confident

I would like to see numbers on viewers and see if there was a big drop off from week 1 to 2 and then to 3.
Guess they will know and follow the analytics of it for future projects

Although I feel they spend way too much time in the sitcom world, this would have solved the pacing issues IMO. I can see the show getting better and better from here on but that doesn't mean the first three episodes didn't have any issues.
I had no issues but of course it's cool if people didn't like the way it was introduced

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Holy shit that 5th episode was something else.

Rustyspider13

I just finished episode 5 and I'm stunned. I wondered how crazy they were going to get with this show and they went even further than I expected.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Best episode yet. That was fecking fantastic.

And the way they handled the very end was so inline with the show it's perfect.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Also, this could mean that

The X-Men/mutants have officially been introduced into the MCU, depending on how they play it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That ending, wow.

Also that Lagos advert was hilarious.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
That was fecking brilliant!

Her accent was the strongest it’s been since Age of Ultron, probably hinting that she’s back in the villain role but I still think there’s someone (mephisto or Agnes) ultimately manipulating her grief & they’re the one who were responsible for the ending.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Also, this could mean that

The X-Men/mutants have officially been introduced into the MCU, depending on how they play it.
She seemed genuinely shocked at his arrival & Darcy saying “they recast him” means they’ve almost certainly opened the multiverse with that ending. It’ll be interesting if they bring in other characters in the remaining episodes or save them for the films (which is what I’m expecting)

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Is the twins thing a nod to her sisters?

The era in this episode must have been weird/hilarious for her.
Do you mean Mary-kate and Ashley?
If so, no, Billy and Tommy are also her children in the comics, also twins, and have powers.

Fun fact, she she has got a sister in the comics, Polaris.
That was fecking brilliant!

Her accent was the strongest it’s been since Age of Ultron, probably hinting that she’s back in the villain role but I still think there’s someone (mephisto or Agnes) ultimately manipulating her grief & they’re the one who were responsible for the ending.
There was a scene at the end where shes asking vision how she could possibly doing all this by herself, or something along those lines, which hints at this.
She seemed genuinely shocked at his arrival & Darcy saying “they recast him” means they’ve almost certainly opened the multiverse with that ending. It’ll be interesting if they bring in other characters in the remaining episodes or save them for the films (which is what I’m expecting)
Someone on Reddit made a very good point, that overall it would be better to start from the ground up with the xmen, since the fox universe is pretty much a mess.

I agree tbh.

Oldyella

Ok, that was f'ing fantastic. Its been getting better and better, but all the way through it just felt ominous!

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I think the comic twins were around even before the Olsen twins.

Edit: Not quite, it turns out. Olsen twins born 3 months before the first appearance of the comic book twins.
I mean too in the era they were this week. Since her sisters became famous in that era. That's I why I said it must be weird/hilarious for her. The set totally could have passed for something they were in :D

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
This week was 80s, Mary Kate and Ashley became famous in the 90s

GBBQ

Do you mean Mary-kate and Ashley?
If so, no, Billy and Tommy are also her children in the comics, also twins, and have powers.

Fun fact, she she has got a sister in the comics, Polaris.

There was a scene at the end where shes asking vision how she could possibly doing all this by herself, or something along those lines, which hints at this.

Someone on Reddit made a very good point, that overall it would be better to start from the ground up with the xmen, since the fox universe is pretty much a mess.

I agree tbh.
I think this gives them the chance to pick and choose what worked and what didn’t work within Fox’s continuity. The likes of Michael Fassbender, or Hugh Jackman being brought into the MCU fully formed due to Wanda mixing multiverses would be awesome, (though probably too late for Jackman). Huge star power who are have already done justice to the characters. Other mutants could be introduced from scratch then to flesh out the xmen with better actors.

decorativeed

It looks like they used the Stars Hollow set from Gilmore Girls too, although that's on the Warner Brothers lot, so maybe not.

Hamnat

I like Evan's Pietro but I would much rather get all new actors and start fresh for X-men in general
I think the show is amazing now. I can totally see how not everyone would enjoy the first 2 episodes if you aren't a hardcore Marvel person with comics background. I think the criticism of those 2 specifically being entirely too slow paced are reasonable. But, the buildup to 4/5 now have been awesome.

If you don't like the show after episodes 4/5 then you flat out wont like the series period. I love where this is going and the bigger implications for the MCU moving forward. I mean the twins are important. Not to get into spoilers really but we have now seen multiple Young Avengers from the comics now. And a focus on more in a separate show. They are brilliantly laying groundwork for a lot more known characters in the Disney+ shows and Dr. Strange 2 and beyond.

I know it might be frustrating or annoying to have to decipher all the Easter eggs, the coded messages and hints from this series but theres A LOT going on. I think storytelling wise now the show is really in top gear now. With episode 4 you can tell its all done purposefully. They were asking the same questions the audience was . They planned the reactions out, they are taking the audience exactly where they want you to go.

The format and slow drip means if they don't pay off at the end the entire series would fall flat. But, I mean from what they re giving so far I have faith they can pull it off.

Last edited:

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
2 years sharing the same character as oppose to literally everything else they did in the 90s? Genuine question but surely if you wanted a nod to them, it be in the 90s?
My comment was it must be weird/hilarious for their sister to be on a set that looks like something they would have been on.

Oldyella

Holy moly.

That episode.

The implications.
There was so much going on even aside from the final scene. I loved how the credits popped up as vision challenges Wanda, and the laugh track disappeared. I'm still not 100% convinced that the final shock appearance is who we think he is though.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I'm kinda bemused what's hard to grasp here :lol:

- there were nods to Full House in this episode
- her sisters were in Full House
- I said it must be weird/hilarious for her, considering both those facts
You asked if the twins were a nod to her sister. They're not.