Was Euro 2020 the best Euros ever?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Not even close for me, the amount of own goals and penalty shootouts to decide game is a bit of a disappointment. I've yet to see a better Euro than 2000 since I've been watching football (first I saw was Euro 96). I may be a bit biased, but I thought it was an extraordinary one to follow and the way the final ended couldn't have been much more dramatic.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
2004 was the best if you love an underdog story. 2000 had the best quality though

Real Name

Not even close. From format, lack of fans to not really memorable games. Maybe there were 2 or 3 which will be talked about in the future.
It just passed away. 2008, 2004, 2000 and 1996 were all better. 2016 too probably.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Seemed the worst to me in terms of quality (watching since 96/00) and lack of fans/host country didn't help aswell.

Yeah, all in all, it was the worst i experienced. The only upside; there were more games than usual.

Gandalf

In my mind Wales won it so yes it was the best. In reality it was not all that great but it was a bit more free scoring than some we have seen and it was the closest to normal football we have had in a while with the crowds back in that it was impossible not to get swept up in it. I am overwhelmingly glad for the positive outcome for Christian Eriksen as that was the worst thing I have ever seen and those first 15 minutes were traumatic to say the least, my 14 year old lad was watching and in tears and I am thankful he does not have to live with having seen the worst outcome that we were all imagining.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Not by a mile if you ask me...

- The format with 24 teams and the best #3's is horrific
- I enjoy it way more when there is one hosting country
- Very limited fans for a lot of games
- The Dutch sucked, Frank de Boer
- Im getting older, so all those f*cking extra times really made me cranky during the day because lack of sleep.
- The final was on a Sunday, so hardly any party/drinking as we have work the next day
- Hardly any real exciting attacking standouts, no individual peak performances worth mentioning
- Hardly any time for pre-fun build up towards the tournament for the planning being so tight it was almost directly after regular season.

lsd

The Oracle
Wasn't near the best but it had a happy ending to the delight of all of Europe :lol:

ti vu

still 2000.
This.

This recent EURO, it feels like majority of the favorites just underperformed. From neutral point of view, it's only competitively entertaining due to the upset from smaller, underdog teams. The big games aren't that great.

EURO 2000 had it all. Best teams and in form teams had a go at each other at their best.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Probably the best day of international football with Croatia v Spain and the Swiss against france but the quality of the teams throughout the tournament wasn't the best. Italy deserved winners.

KeanoMagicHat

I thought Euro 2008 was the undisputed king of Euros tournaments. Every group stage group was enthralling. Group of death with Netherlands scoring 4 against France and Italy. Turkey making comebacks and twists and turns in their group. Croatia beating Germany then Ballack scoring that stunner against Austria. Spain purring and then Russia emerging with Arshavin.

Quarters another great game between Germany and Portugal, another stunning Turkey late show, Russia stunning Netherlands in one of the classic Euro games. Then in the semis Turkey almost doing Germany again with a comeback before Lahm scores a last minute goal. Meanwhile Spain win it with some of the highest quality football ever seen in the Euros and are well deserving winners. For me that was the perfect tournament objectively, although it was missing home nations teams.

Euro 2020 though was great and although there were some problems with the format and a dull risk averse England team almost won it, it was the best tournament since 2008.