Was prime Cavani really the third best player in the world?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Ancient cavani looked world class today compared to the dross served by our budding superstars.

Siezard

Was Robben, Xavi, Iniesta, Suarez, Salah, Lewandowski, Zlatan, Ramos (bully Salah lol) etc plus more the 3rd best player in the world at some point?

tomaldinho1

Ancient cavani looked world class today compared to the dross served by our budding superstars.
He is too erratic with finishing. Today he missed essentially an open goal (Telles cross), easy chance (Sancho cross), that awful shot from Dubravka drop and even his goal was a horrendous slice. That’s the one thing I remember PSG fans saying, he’s such a good worker and team player but he’s too inconsistent in pressure finishing situations to be considered in the true elite. Even with that he should start.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He is too erratic with finishing. Today he missed essentially an open goal (Telles cross), easy chance (Sancho cross), that awful shot from Dubravka drop and even his goal was a horrendous slice. That’s the one thing I remember PSG fans saying, he’s such a good worker and team player but he’s too inconsistent in pressure finishing situations to be considered in the true elite. Even with that he should start.
Imagine if he was more consistent and added on to the 360 goals he has scored at club level!!!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He was quite a beast. I think he was underrated because his big move was in a more obscure league in the French top division.

Son

Ibra has always been better than him for me. Lewadowski too. I don’t ever remember anyone saying he was the third best player in the world at any point. Maybe top 10 at his peak?

Suarez was tearing it up for Barcelona also so no way. You would take Suarez all day long a few years ago and there’s little debate in that.

Lee565

Would definitely take a fit cavani over Ronaldo at present, we could definitely do with a few more players in the squad with his qualities personality wise.

Thiagoal

I feel Ralph’s system relies on a hard working striker that can hold onto the ball and bring others into play. Ronnie and Rashy just can’t seem to give us any hold on the game

Granted I never saw much of him before he joined United and it was only when PSG were in the KO of the CL stages but it always stuck out to me that he’d often miss key chances

croadyman

Would definitely take a fit cavani over Ronaldo at present, we could definitely do with a few more players in the squad with his qualities personality wise.
Yeah he isn't afraid of rolling up the sleeves when chasing a game. Jus look at Southampton last season and Newcastle to see that.