Watching spurs makes me feel so gutted

Lee565

Not only are Chelsea this season handcuffed with the transfer ban and in a experimental, inexperienced and inconsistent period, arsenal are still crazy awful away from home and now spurs are in absolute freefall.

It's no more just 4th spot up for grabs but 3rd as well to get champions league football and have a chance of signing a talent like sancho but we are going to throw away one of the easiest chances to get a top 4 spot since getting a top 4 spots meant champions league qualification in the premier league.

By keeping nonsensical patience with a manager that has an awful managerial cv dragging us down to real mid-table status all because of some needles, stupid and unnecessary 2 or 3 year plan to get back into the top 4 is making almost zero sense when it's already there on a plate this season to help get back to top

Last edited:

Bojan11

Yeah you could have put this in the 5 ole out threads.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I'm out of breath after reading that. Learn to use full stops mate.

150 words in one sentence ffs.

Rafaeldagold

Not only are Chelsea this season handcuffed with the transfer ban and in a experimental, inexperienced and inconsistent period, arsenal are still crazy awful away from home and now spurs are in absolute freefall, it's no more just 4th spot up for grabs but 3rd as well to get champions league football and have a chance of signing a talent like sancho but we are going to throw away one of the easiest chances to get a top 4 spot since getting a top 4 spots meant champions league qualification in the premier league by keeping nonsensical patience with a manager that has an awful managerial cv dragging us down to real mid-table status all because of some needles, stupid and unnecessary 2 or 3 year plan to get back into the top 4 when it's already there on a plate this season to help get back to top.
Patience. The plan will come to fruition in 2065. Stop being a glory hunter for wanting the best for your club

edcunited1878

Not only are Chelsea this season handcuffed with the transfer ban and in a experimental, inexperienced and inconsistent period, arsenal are still crazy awful away from home and now spurs are in absolute freefall.

It's no more just 4th spot up for grabs but 3rd as well to get champions league football and have a chance of signing a talent like sancho but we are going to throw away one of the easiest chances to get a top 4 spot since getting a top 4 spots meant champions league qualification in the premier league.

By keeping nonsensical patience with a manager that has an awful managerial cv dragging us down to real mid-table status all because of some needles, stupid and unnecessary 2 or 3 year plan to get back into the top 4 is making almost zero sense when it's already there on a plate this season to help get back to top
Easiest? The league's competitive nature continues to sustain itself, if not improve due to the TV money. Good managers and players want to test themselves in the PL.

One thing too is that Spurs haven't actually improved, they stagnated. Buy N'Dombele was good, but what exactly does he do for Spurs? I don't think he's as creative as Eriksen for one and two, the defensive back line is worse not even equal as previous years with Rose and Aurier. Toby and Jan are one year older and Lloris makes just about more mistakes than DDG, yet nothing gets said about it. Spurs can only rely on Kane, Son and Eriksen for so long. They know they were punching above their weight and couldn't sustain it. Especially the CL Final...complete papering over the cracks when you look at their league form.

Lee565

Easiest? The league's competitive nature continues to sustain itself, if not improve due to the TV money. Good managers and players want to test themselves in the PL.

One thing too is that Spurs haven't actually improved, they stagnated. Buy N'Dombele was good, but what exactly does he do for Spurs? I don't think he's as creative as Eriksen for one and two, the defensive back line is worse not even equal as previous years with Rose and Aurier. Toby and Jan are one year older and Lloris makes just about more mistakes than DDG, yet nothing gets said about it. Spurs can only rely on Kane, Son and Eriksen for so long. They know they were punching above their weight and couldn't sustain it. Especially the CL Final...complete papering over the cracks when you look at their league form.
Do you not think that this is the most open it has been getting not just 4th but 3rd since it became a thing to get top 4 for champions league football? And it's not because of the strength of the league but because of how much big clubs like Chelsea, arsenal spurs and ourselves all in the same season have dropped off massively in performances.

edcunited1878

Do you not think that this is the most open it has been getting not just 4th but 3rd since it became a thing to get top 4 for champions league football? And it's not because of the strength of the league but because of how much big clubs like Chelsea, arsenal spurs and ourselves all in the same season have dropped off massively in performances.
Arsenal have been the ideal yo-yo CL club for years. They are the original 4th Place Trophy club, along with Spurs. Chelsea are still finding their feet under Lampard as their attacking is more cohesive, but their defense is very open and they are relying on young players in attack and central defense. United have been another yo-yo CL club for the past few seasons and that was with better quality. Now United don't have the bodies or quality to cope, thus far.

Just because it is more open for 3rd and 4th positions doesn't mean it's "easier" for said yo-yo CL club to get 3rd or 4th. Spurs still have a solid team and clear match winners in Kane, Son and Eriksen but something is amiss with Poch and his players. It's still early days in the league and only one team has kind of separated themselves from everyone else and that's Liverpool. Even City are very makeshift at the back. Zinchenko is decent, but not good. CBs are obvious a huge issue. If Rodri is injured, they will be thin in CM/CDM positions considering Fernadinho is a CB right now and Gundogan would be a more stay at home CM like Rodri compared to KDB, David Silva, Foden, etc.

edcunited1878

And the plan to be Top 4 is more for financial reasons. All the United supporters I know want to compete for the league or at least get to that level again. Have that opportunity to challenge for the league. That's why it was massively disappointing and highly questionable for Woodward and the board to stop supporting Jose after his second year. Liverpool and Spurs improved with players and coaching while United stagnated if not got worse with player acquisition/development and coaching. There was upward trajectory in the table with some glaring needs, but then it nosedived for a lot of reasons. The inconsistency was the most volatile of all other top 6 clubs

redshaw

Was there on a plate last season as well but we're no where near to capitalize.

Maybe we can have a strong second half where a lot of the players get a rhythm going. It's quite haphazard at the moment with the likes of Pereira and others finding a way to fit.

ryansgirl

Wrong forum - Mods please put this where it belongs. The whingeing of a Spurs fan post-caning by Bayern with 7 goals to their 2 is not United fan's concern or problem.

I will just add - and this manager of Spurs is the bloke some United fans on here want as our next manager? He can't do well with a better squad than ours, you should be happy we have Ole to re-build instead of this bloke.

Gator Nate

I will just add - and this manager of Spurs is the bloke some United fans on here want as our next manager? He can't do well with a better squad than ours, you should be happy we have Ole to re-build instead of this bloke.
This is why we really need a thumbs up smiley.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Pure de ja vu thread of every season we don't get top 4.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wrong forum - Mods please put this where it belongs. The whingeing of a Spurs fan post-caning by Bayern with 7 goals to their 2 is not United fan's concern or problem.

Yep. You feel this season is one too far at spurs for Poch.
If he was suddenly available it's no longer a no brainer to bring him in.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
3rd was always up for grabs.

It was pretty obvious from the back end of last season that Spurs have stagnated and the predictions of them being nailed on 3rd were extremely lazy.

Thiagoal

The mere fact you’re complaining about possibly ‘not reaching the promised land of the top four trophy’ amplifies just how far we’ve fallen!

meamth

I was reading the first line.. okay.

Then the 2nd line....well, yeah?

3rd line... Ole out thread.

okay.

ryansgirl

Yep. You feel this season is one too far at spurs for Poch.
If he was suddenly available it's no longer a no brainer to bring him in.
Yes, he doesn't look too flash at the moment. What exactly do you think United should be wary about re Pochettino if the board is interested? People are blaming his tactics and there are want-away players but in that case there are always two sides to a story.

Siorac

Pure de ja vu thread of every season we don't get top 4.
Yeah. It was similarly gutting in 15/16 - Chelsea in absolute freefall, Liverpool were still shite, City basically spent the season pining for Guardiola. And we still managed to feck it up by seemingly never scoring goals or even hitting the target, ever.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes, he doesn't look too flash at the moment. What exactly do you think United should be wary about re Pochettino if the board is interested? People are blaming his tactics and there are want-away players but in that case there are always two sides to a story.
Right now I'm not sure Pep would do much with this squad.

He'd come in and say why on earth haven't you even the vaguest hint of a right sided forward, or a number 10

romufc

Right now I'm not sure Pep would do much with this squad.

He'd come in and say why on earth haven't you even the vaguest hint of a right sided forward, or a number 10
I am not too sure about that.. Pep would buy a RW and make this team play great football.

We have the quality if we have the right coach.

Greck

Actually one of the easiest top 4 races in recent league history and people are rationalising finishing top 8. It's a bit of a contradiction to say one believes in ole's abilities yet not even think he can make a run at top 4 (or top 6 if you want to lower that bar any further)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I am not too sure about that.. Pep would buy a RW and make this team play great football.

We have the quality if we have the right coach.
It would have been interesting if the Manchester clubs changed managers when Pep and Jose came in.

I suspect Pep wouldn't have done anywhere near as well here under our ownership.

Greck

It would have been interesting if the Manchester clubs changed managers when Pep and Jose came in.

I suspect Pep wouldn't have done anywhere near as well here under our ownership.
I think he would have done well. His signings have a ridiculous success rate for a system with such a high standard. The couple flops didn't even cost that much.

romufc

That's all Ifs and buts. If you look at wherever Pep has been he has broken records and got the teams playing football.

Pep also makes a lasting impact on the league and national teams. Pep at Barca made Spanish players better
Pep at Germany made German players better
Pep at City - we are seing it at England level too.

You cannot say he wouldnt have done anywhere as near.

Crashoutcassius

Actually one of the easiest top 4 races in recent league history and people are rationalising finishing top 8. It's a bit of a contradiction to say one believes in ole's abilities yet not even think he can make a run at top 4 (or top 6 if you want to lower that bar any further)
I'm not sure Anyone is rationalizing finishing top 8. When players get back fit we easily have the squad to challenge top 4 and it's the minimum requirement