Watching the penalties

didsbury1982

First off I've only just stopped celebrating and that's only because I've run out of money! The problem is I already have two regrets. One I was so hammered I don't remember the whole game clearly, I'm downloading it as we speak though so that ones sorted. The other one being I fecking bottled the penalties! I went and stood outside when John Terry was stepping up because I couldn't stand to watch it and then I couldn't handle watching the rest after that. What a fecking wimp! Did anyone else bottle it as well?

didsbury1982

I bottled it :(
I'm glad I wasn't the only one on here then! I just couldn't handle the thought of John Terry scoring the winning penalty. There was about 10 of us outside and you could obviously tell what was happening by crowd reactions, I went fecking mental!

didsbury1982

Yeah I always struggle with penalties. I wish they could come up with an alternative but I can't think of anything. I suppose it's fairer than tossing a coin like they used to! Did you watch it at one of those MUST events? I watched it in a pub in Fallowfield and was surrounded by a group of about 30 butch lesbians, it's was a bit surreal.

Church o Choccy

I think I actually went temporarily insane. I went on a big rant right up to when he missed it and then just started screaming. I must admit I really thought he'd score. It went a little something like this:

"Oh of course, it's John fecking Terry, of course he'll fecking score and everyone will love him, it'll be fecking iconic. Watch this, this cnut is about to prove that everything that's wrong with football will actually win you trophies, watch the cnut with his fecking icon making bullshit....YAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH. Get in you cnut, we're still in this, GET THE feck IN, Go home Terry, you're shit, feck OFF."

And I think, according to my girlfriend, that quote is word for word.

eddafed

Had a gut feeling that Ronaldo would miss, and had the same feeling as Terry walked up, never want to go through that again!

prateik

better to bottle it in front of the telly than on the pitch

i saw tevez step up .. didnt watch any of it , kept refreshing the match thread here .. ran out to switch it on after the miss

Twisted_Woody

Scout
I think I actually went temporarily insane. I went on a big rant right up to when he missed it and then just started screaming. I must admit I really thought he'd score. It went a little something like this:

"Oh of course, it's John fecking Terry, of course he'll fecking score and everyone will love him, it'll be fecking iconic. Watch this, this cnut is about to prove that everything that's wrong with football will actually win you trophies, watch the cnut with his fecking icon making bullshit....YAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH. Get in you cnut, we're still in this, GET THE feck IN.. feck OFF."

More or less what went through my head as well.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?

"Oh of course, it's John fecking Terry, of course he'll fecking score and everyone will love him, it'll be fecking iconic. Watch this, this cnut is about to prove that everything that's wrong with football will actually win you trophies, watch the cnut with his fecking icon making bullshit....YAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH. Get in you cnut, we're still in this, GET THE feck IN, Go home Terry, you're shit, feck OFF."

:lol::lol:

i watched the penalties, i was sure that terry was going to score, but when he didn't, i knew anelka was going to hand us the trophy

I watched it all. If the players can have balls of steel to take them, then the least we can do is watch. I was ready to type 'Terry Misses!' the moment he started his run up. Luckily he did just that.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
being the pessimist that i am, i said to myself that it's okay if we lose on penalties.. i could live with that, so i was able to watch it.