Wayne Rooney rejoins Everton | United save £30M by giving him £10M pay-off

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Nobody could have predicted this.

I can’t imagine his mates in the media will be putting pressure on Koeman now either.

PoTMS

He’s shite but he’s been better for Everton than most of his pathetic teammates.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He’s shite but he’s been better for Everton than most of his pathetic teammates.
That's it. He's a square peg in a round hole at Premier League level these days but worryingly for Everton fans he's actually been one of their top two or three players.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Klaasen also not starting. So I think Koeman realizes Sigursson, Rooney and Klaasen get in each other's way. He chose one for this match.

Brophs

The One and Only
I can't remember which journo tweeted it at the time, but his comment when someone asked what he thought of the Rooney deal was perhaps spot on: "Doesn't really matter. He'll have lost his place by January."

ZAGREB RED

Even allowing for Rooney's "homecoming" they would have been better of with Hernandez. Rooney is done, pretty much.

Paul_Scholes18

I actually think he has done well this sesaon with 3 goals already. Better than last 2-4 for us. Although I expect him to get worse no doubt and given that Everton already struggle they sure would need something better.

I suspect the bigger problem is his play style might hinder other players though and thus make the team worse which I thought was a big problem for us. Although I think that is mainly cause they have bought very weirdly with so many similar types of players.