WBA

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I was watching their game against Peterborough last evening and I have to say it was one of the worst games I've seen for a long time. Just HOW THE HELL is WBA in the premier league? You could never ever be able to say what team was the league one team.

Every other pass was misplaced. Three man in the back and the whole team got extremely nervous as soon as the ball got anywhere near those wooden legged defenders. This team made Darren Fletcher look like a really outstanding player. He also scored the goal.

There are MORONS like James McClean who showed his only talent is to go in as hard as possible. It was extremely embarrassing to see him outplayed by youngsters at times.

Yacob, the guy looked like he was totally lost. He looked like a dork who's only kicked ball with grandma on the back yard coming over to play football with the guys for the first time.

Tony Pulis - what a manager. And we are irritated with LVG not doing a thing. Well, this guy is the total opposite. It's like having a messed up fan standing down there just screaming. Last evening he wanted to throw the ball back when it had gone out for a throw in. He threw it like a girl and missed McClean with about 5 yards. You could see McClean rolling his eyes. I really question this mans football knowledge.

Berahino has got some talent, but dude, this guy just don't want to be there. He's not contributing with anything. He wants the ball in a goal scoring position or he don't want to be part of any build up if it means running. Total idiot. There's no edge at all in the team.

Callum McManaman, he used to be pretty GOOD as I remember?!?!?! Now he's not even getting the chance from the bench.

Currently they are 14th in the Premier League and looking like a league one team. They are by far the worst team I've seen so far this season and I'm 100% sure they're going down. All teams like Newcastle, Norwich, Bornemouth, Sunderland, and maybe even Swansea have been looking better or signed some players that will improve their team. It's going to be a really tough ending of the season for them. This weekend they're playing Everton. Will be like grabbing money from an old woman. Mark my words.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I really dislike Pulis, but yeah, they'll be fine.
One of those sides just lounging around the league adding nothing worthwhile. Whilst Berahino has been a bit naff as you allude to in your OP, the witchhunt Pulis has had against him angers me a lot, just sell the lad if you want him sat on the bench 60% of the time. The offers were more than fair.

m1y2

I want Pulis to go down, I really dislike when managers wear tracksuit and play negative football. Under Pulis you might have a bigger chance to stay up but you are going nowhere at the same time..

Oggmonster

I really dislike Pulis, but yeah, they'll be fine.
One of those sides just lounging around the league adding nothing worthwhile. Whilst Berahino has been a bit naff as you allude to in your OP, the witchhunt Pulis has had against him angers me a lot, just sell the lad if you want him sat on the bench 60% of the time. The offers were more than fair.
I don't like Pulis but apparently it wasn't his decision. He wanted him gone but the chairman wanted more, Pulis wanted the money for new players (though I wouldn't trust him with money either if I was a chairman!)

I think they might be in trouble to be honest. Just a hunch with nothing to back it up but I reckon Newcastle, Sunderland and Swansea might go on some half decent runs and drag them below them.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Useless club that adds nothing to the Premier League.

Aston Villa have got away with this mentality for years; they're happy to get the TV money and keep the club ticking over season after season, absolutely no ambition. I'll be glad to see the back of them.

It must be a Birmingham/Midlands thing... 'Second City', my arse.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
They played some decent stuff under Clarke and Hodgson before Pulis. I remember them dismantling Liverpool in Rodgers' first game I believe, and they contributed brilliantly to Fergie's final game. They are probably the most irrelevant team in the league now though; I predict they'll circle the drain for another season or two before dropping down.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I don't like Pulis but apparently it wasn't his decision. He wanted him gone but the chairman wanted more, Pulis wanted the money for new players (though I wouldn't trust him with money either if I was a chairman!)

I think they might be in trouble to be honest. Just a hunch with nothing to back it up but I reckon Newcastle, Sunderland and Swansea might go on some half decent runs and drag them below them.
I think both Sunderland and Newcastle have been very unlucky at times. Newcastle have got enough player material to stay up and Sunderland usually get going at the end of the season, and they've also been fighting well lately.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Ooooh I forgot to mention Gardner. He was absolutely terrible. Tried to play hard balls like McClean. So little talent. A twat.
It's what he done to that young 18 year old that annoyed me.

Gardner scored his penalty, grabbed the ball, jogged back to the centre circle grinning at the 18 year old lad walking up, shoved the ball in his chest and said something to him

I know football is competitive and it's all about winning but, he's a fecking 18 year old kid. Have some decency

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I have family members who are WBA fans and they're pretty unhappy at the football they're watching. Fans on radio shows like 606 call in about the same stuff but it seems pundits can't stop defending Pulis no matter what.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Ah was it? Fair enough. Still, I think Pulis probably plays the worst football in the league.

Member 5225

Been keeping an eye on them. They're regressing. Good mi-table PL club though, well run and all that. Also like Pulis, think they'll make some good purchases in Summer and hopefully kick on.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
I have family members who are WBA fans and they're pretty unhappy at the football they're watching. Fans on radio shows like 606 call in about the same stuff but it seems pundits can't stop defending Pulis no matter what.
British coaches are the best in the world innit?!

coolredwine

lameredboots
Will always be delighted with Crystanbul, but Pulis plays such dour football that the Stoke firing is starting to seem more and more justifiable each day.
They are still in the same position though, as they were under Pulis. Only the style of football has changed.

Boycott

Said this about Pulis last night:

Pulis is a bit shit when his remit isn't purely just to save a club from relegation
He does a job at getting a team to become hard to beat and stay up. At some point you've got to raise your ambition and he seems very regimented in his own ways. He's just a dullard who will cover the cracks in a team with his defensive organization but there's nothing to build on that. Essentially he's that uncle who you initially spend time with but after a while he's overstayed his welcome.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Lowest spending team in the prem, have to sell before they buy. It's the reality.

For him being rubbish in the transfer market Shawcross and Butland for about 5 million seems decent.

He also got Stoke to the Europa league

littlepeasoup

Got lots of friend who are Baggies fans, and they're all pretty disconcerted too. I think the only thing that's stopping all out revolt is the fact that Villa are doing so shite.

They also talk about the United lads, Fletch and Evans being a cut above the other players they have in terms of mentality.

RaptorSlo

He's almost guaranteeing a PL survival to a team that should realistically go down.

They are still in the same position though, as they were under Pulis. Only the style of football has changed.
Afaik, Stoke had their highest league finish last year.

RaptorSlo

Got lots of friend who are Baggies fans, and they're all pretty disconcerted too. I think the only thing that's stopping all out revolt is the fact that Villa are doing so shite.

They also talk about the United lads, Fletch and Evans being a cut above the other players they have in terms of mentality.
Without Pulis, that team would be relegation material. Would that make them happier?

Minkaro

My dad's a West Brom fan, so I watch them quite a bit. God, they're so ugly to watch. The aim is just to get one goal, and keep the opposition out, but with Rondon up front getting that goal is easier said than done.

Went to see them against Swansea, I think it was, and they had four centrebacks, and effectively three holding midfielders (Yacob, Sandro and Fletcher) - although Fletcher was playing more advanced than the other two. I'm sure Pulis only plays Sessegnon so he can at least say he's got one really creative player out there (then again, the only thing Sessegnon creates is chances for himself to fall over).

RustyS

4 centrebacks at the back. Seems to do it a lot. Has this always been a thing with Pulis? I remember Crystal Palace played well under him.

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
So much better than they have been - a perennial yo-yo team for so many years. I'm not a fan of Pulis' football, but he's what they need. Do a Stoke; get stability for a few years through ugly football, then build on that.

Devil81

My dad's a West Brom fan, so I watch them quite a bit. God, they're so ugly to watch. The aim is just to get one goal, and keep the opposition out, but with Rondon up front getting that goal is easier said than done.

Went to see them against Swansea, I think it was, and they had four centrebacks, and effectively three holding midfielders (Yacob, Sandro and Fletcher) - although Fletcher was playing more advanced than the other two. I'm sure Pulis only plays Sessegnon so he can at least say he's got one really creative player out there (then again, the only thing Sessegnon creates is chances for himself to fall over).

To be fair Rondon has performed everywhere he's played, he looked awful last night though.

Oggmonster

I think both Sunderland and Newcastle have been very unlucky at times. Newcastle have got enough player material to stay up and Sunderland usually get going at the end of the season, and they've also been fighting well lately.
Yeah Newcastle seem to have the easiest run in and have made some big signings. Sunderland have been especially unlucky, they should of beaten City for example and NEwcastle had a ridiculous run of games at 1 point. I can see it being Villa, Norwich and either WBA or Bournemouth if I had to guess.

Ah was it? Fair enough. Still, I think Pulis probably plays the worst football in the league.
YEah according to pundits before the game and on SSN when the deadline day was on he wanted rid apparently cos he had a few targets but wiht Pulis signings at teams I doubt the chairman really wanted him to have any money....I can't see him being there much longer anyway (Pulis) he tends to have a bust up every few years. Yeah agreed his football is terrible, he's good at steadying a ship but they'll never go to the next level, Hughes for example at Stoke is much better than Pulis was.

Minkaro

To be fair Rondon has performed everywhere he's played, he looked awful last night though.
He's looked mostly dreadful for WBA. I've heard a few people saying they think he needs this season to get used to the PL, and he'll start getting better from there, though.

One positive when I've seen him live is that even when he messes up the simplest of chances, he doesn't let his head drop. He works hard, even if he's not always successful. I think Pulis probably likes that.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
All my Baggies mates are convinced they're going down.
They won't go down, but they'll probably finish somewhere around 13th/14th. Which is what Tony Pulis is for really...with the added bonus of some dire football.

Whether West Brom stick with him really depends on what their long-term plans are. Where they aren't isn't too bad, considering they used to be the league's perennial yo-yo team, but if they've got any top half ambitions then they'll probably need to make a change at some point in a year or two. Of course, it could backfire and see them playing in the Championship again...but I suspect fans will eventually get bored of consistently getting about 43 points if Pulis plies along that way.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They grind out results from time to time which is enough. Absolutely dreadful football, as per usual with Pulis. It only makes sense to appoint Pulis if you have a shit side and want him to grind out results unexpectedly. After you stay up and have money to slightly refine your squad, sack him.

Twigginater reckons Pulis is a great manager.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
This reminded me to read Successful's rant in the Chinese League thread again.