Wc 2003

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
i live in india..and well..the country is totally swept away by the world cup..its like a religion here...every street corner...every conversation...is abt cricket and the world cup
sachin tendulkar is like a god..
i know the wc is a competition but winning it wud
mean so much to the ppl here....and loss wud just be too hard to swallow...sepcially since weve gotten so far...were playing damn well...almost in the finals..but iv gotta sayy
there is a little fear of the aussies...especially that bret lee...but still im cofident we can do it...basically if sachin scores a century..we win..almost fore sure..
Any indians on this forum??...or aussuies?

amolbhatia50k

india beat kenya pretty easily last night...sachin and saurav played damn well..ganguly hit a century...some huuge sixess..
now for australia..

redfanatic

Here in Aus the hype hasn't really been as big as i would have thought, maybe everyone is just preoccupied with all the war stuff and the fact Aus had won early games so easily. It has been no where near as big as the last World Cup. Having said that, im just as excited. I was just glad that Aus got to the final so i can go out and watch it with my mates and drink all night. I hope we win but India have looked class since they lost against Aus earlier in the tournament and if they win then they will deserve the World Cup.

Sir A1ex

Oz & Circket are getting a bit like Schumacher & F1... they'll have to change the rules soon! Just goes to show what a superior sport footy is to both - even at the peak of Utd's (or looneypool's) domestic dominance, there were no guaruntees they would win everything...

amolbhatia50k

well if india beat aus...then theyl both have the same number of world cups(2..also West indies)...and same no. of matches in the wc
so it wont be so much of dominance...its just in the mind...on the other hand if the aussies do
win then it will be considered a pretty boring
Wc and sport where one team won everything