WCL 23/24 qualifier | United v PSG - Tue 11 Oct at 8pm

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
oooh almost

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
That was a great 2nd half performance from us.

AndyMUFC

Really good second half to be fair. Hopefully they can perform like that in Paris.

RPT_Reddevil

What a second half. Apart from the goal, Earps was hardly troubled in the second half, which itself speaks volume specially after the Frist half.

Geyse literally bullied them.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Will take that, hopefully next game we'll be more prepared for how hard PSG come out of the blocks because they looked fairly brittle once they tired.

Lightbringer

Will take that, hopefully next game we'll be more prepared for how hard PSG come out of the blocks because they looked fairly brittle once they tired.
Yes, lets not forget that PSG spent alot of energy during that blitz-start, they could not keep that upp all game! Thats part of the reason for the change of scenery as well.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Good result in the end - I was expecting it to be like the first half for 90mins given we have so many players and manager with no experience at this level

Geyse did so well to beat her player a few times but then wasted the cross, vastly improved from a poor performance Vs Arse anyway

Ubik

Got some choices to make against Leicester now, who've started well and can't be taken for granted. Hopefully Irene gets some minutes.

Half time stats :nono:

Slightly shocked we had as much as 38%.

rooneyberbatov

Good match. Definitely there’s a chance in Paris but we need to arrive in full force.

Galton - Mallard - Geyse

Looks like a good unit.

Lightbringer

Got some choices to make against Leicester now, who've started well and can't be taken for granted. Hopefully Irene gets some minutes.

Slightly shocked we had as much as 38%.
We cant rely on Zelem to play 3 x 95 minute games, we need to our JAP star and Irene into the mix, the sooner the better!

And also for Skinner, why not put in Parris instead of Galton the last 15-20 minutes? How little can Skinner think of Parris if Galton is to play 95 minutes regardless of how tired she is!

Fresh legs is so key, and yet Skinner can stand just next to a player who has no legs and not put in a sub, I dont get it.

StretfordEnd78

Still in it but a missed opportunity tonight.
I'll be gutted if we don't progress.
All the effort last season to get into the CL and our starting 11 is under full strength.
Mind boggling really.

madi5h

I am just as mystified by that lineup as everyone else, tie should have been over after that first half, great 2nd half when the real team was together.
we could easily have won that if they had started. does anyone know if away goals count in this tie?

Ubik

We cant rely on Zelem to play 3 x 95 minute games, we need to our JAP star and Irene into the mix, the sooner the better!

And also for Skinner, why not put in Parris instead of Galton the last 15-20 minutes? How little can Skinner think of Parris if Galton is to play 95 minutes regardless of how tired she is!

Fresh legs is so key, and yet Skinner can stand just next to a player who has no legs and not put in a sub, I dont get it.
You'd think Parris will be in for Galton for sure at the weekend, and Ladd will be fresh as well at least.

Unlikely lad

has to build around them and toone going forward. Would love it if we could sign mallard next season.
I'm afraid Toone has done nothing in the past 12 months to suggest she's anywhere near their level. I'd start Miyazawa ahead of her at the moment.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
That was a wild game! From feeling like we could be 3-0 down in the first 30 mins to nearly winning it by the end. Geyse is fantastic to watch! It might have been a good decision by Skinner to start her on the bench and put her on in the second half as she absolutely bullied their tiring defence after they started so strongly, but maybe I’m giving Mark too much credit!

Anyway, on to Paris! I’ll be there next week and I can’t wait! Just hope they don’t give me as many heart attacks as they did in the first half.

ForeverRed1

That was a wild game! From feeling like we could be 3-0 down in the first 30 mins to nearly winning it by the end. Geyse is fantastic to watch! It might have been a good decision by Skinner to start her on the bench and put her on in the second half as she absolutely bullied their tiring defence after they started so strongly, but maybe I’m giving Mark too much credit!

Anyway, on to Paris! I’ll be there next week and I can’t wait! Just hope they don’t give me as many heart attacks as they did in the first half.
and don’t let the bed bugs bite!

Ubik

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Ok the line up makes a bit more sense based on that injury info

He will need to rotate on the weekend to keep players fresh for their first Euro away

Grande

Lucky bastard! I’d give an arm and a leg to be there (Russo’s arm and Tounkara’s leg).

It’s looking very intrigueing with Geyse, Mallard, Toone, Miyazawa and Galton on at the same tim - and slightly gung ho! If or when they all click at the same time, it could be masty.