we have two home and two away games to win the premier

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Man Utd 34 80
Liverpool 35 77

we only need seven points to conquer it and that only if liverpool wins their three remaining games, two of wich are as visitors

i think we might do it

liverpools next games:

09 May, West Ham a
16 May, West Brom a
24 May, Tottenham h

Manchester United next games:

10 May Man City H
13 May Wigan A
16 May Arsenal H
24 May Hull City A

i think the key will be to, at least, get a tie against manchester city or arsenal

Feedingseagulls

As I said to another supporter in the pub watching the game on Sat - if we'd been offered this situation (2 homes & 2 aways - max 7 pts required) to win the Premiership again at the start of the season, we'd all have taken it!

Name Changed

weso26
I think we will beat City and Wigan. A point against Arsenal then and the title would be ours.

Feedingseagulls

The 'decency' to? What an incredibly pompous thing to say. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't mean to come across like that
It was a glaring error in the title that stood out like a sore thumb - if someone is correcting mistakes, it makes sense to correct that one too.

At least we now have a thread title using 'decent' English. ;)

PS - did I really need to have added a smiley to my earlier post?

Anduin

We will beat City and Wigan, West Ham are going to take points off Liverpool. The title will be ours by Wednesday night.

The derby game is the key... win it and the title is almost home again.

Number7

Ret's Slave
We will beat City and Wigan, West Ham are going to take points off Liverpool. The title will be ours by Wednesday night.

The derby game is the key... win it and the title is almost home again.
I thought about this scenario

Shirley we can't win it at Wiggers 2 seasons in a row?

The City game is vital.

kps88

That Arsenal game. After a trip to Wigan midweek coupled with an early kickoff. Nervous.

Anduin

I thought about this scenario
Shirley we can't win it at Wiggers 2 seasons in a row?
It would be absolutely brilliant to win it there again, just a year after Giggsy scored the decisive goal in his 758th appearance for the club...
Wigan have absolutely nothing to play for, it's the kind of games you are hoping for when you fight for the title. They've been awful since Palacios left, and I bet Bruce would love to see us win the title again... :lol:

Get City out of our way and we're almost there... we are good enough to get four points from Hull and Wigan away!

kps88

If we win against City and Wigan it won't get to that IMO.
Yes I know. Just saying if we were to slip up against City, which is quite possible, then that game would be nervy as feck.

032Devil

One way or another, after Tuesday we should be able to give the Prem games much more attention.

Москва2008

Under investigation...no more points for now
On current form we're favourites to win each of those games.

Man City - third worst away record in league
Wigan - have scored just six goals since we beat them in January
Arsenal - Potentially tricky but they didn't impress on Wednesday and will have nothing to play for
Hull - league's worst home record (three wins)

CantonaVeron

All the games are difficult for completely different reasons, Arsenal we could have knocked out of the champions league by then so they will be up for it. City being a derby, Wigan are due something against us and Hull could be fighting for their lives. I still think we will do it though, probably three wins and a draw but god knows in which order.

Anduin

All the games are difficult for completely different reasons, Arsenal we could have knocked out of the champions league by then so they will be up for it. City being a derby, Wigan are due something against us and Hull could be fighting for their lives. I still think we will do it though, probably three wins and a draw but god knows in which order.
Yeah, I agree. It could be the other way round though, City have an abysmal away record, Wigan have nothing to play for, Arsenal will either concentrate on the Champions League and don't care about the league or will have nothing to play for as well (in case 3rd isn't possible anymore and they can't slip down to fifth anyway) and Hull could be either safe or already relegated on the last day of the season. I try to think positive, but the fact remains the derby game is the key.
Good thing is we only have to look at ourselves, anything else (Liverpool dropping points) is just a bonus.

CantonaVeron

Yeah, I agree. It could be the other way round though, City have an abysmal away record, Wigan have nothing to play for, Arsenal will either concentrate on the Champions League and don't care about the league or will have nothing to play for as well (in case 3rd isn't possible anymore and they can't slip down to fifth anyway) and Hull could be either safe or already relegated on the last day of the season. I try to think positive, but the fact remains the derby game is the key.
Good thing is we only have to look at ourselves, anything else (Liverpool dropping points) is just a bonus.
Very true and hopefully it is your way round, one thing I keep thinking though is we never do things the easy way.

Number7

Ret's Slave
We've had our scares against Villa and Spuds, and our shocker against a rival, in Liverpool. We've also got the recent memory of last years defeat to City.

I think we'll approach City in the right way knowing what will happen if we don't.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So win against City and Wigan and we'll only need a point against Arsenal to win it........ done deal :keano:

The Azzurri

Have a naggling feeling it will come down to the last game of the season, although i believe we will win it.
We always make it hard for ourselves.

Denis' cuff

I look at it this way:

we should beat Hull and Wigan (a) and then we only need a point from the supposedly "tough" fixtures which are at home.

Diabo_Sam

The sooner the better, Hull game should mean nothing so that we rest all the first teamers for the CL final if we get there.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
City and Arsenal will be very tough, but if we'd win against City, it would look very good for us as we could afford to lose the Arsenal game as we really should be able to beat Wigan and Hull. Plus, if we'd progress against Arsenal, we could put the CL final to the side for a couple of weeks and fully focus on the League

tintedsepia

On another front, Liverpool have to go to West Ham and win. West Ham are playing well right now, compact - difficult to break down - so this is a potential banana skin for them.

I think you'd back us - but (and this infuriates me) there is a tendency in previous seasons to only do a tiny bit more than our rivals. Last season we should have beaten Chelsea more comprehensively than we did - so there's no accounting for nerves.

That said - we have players with experience. Thank Got Anderson is now on form as he's giving us plenty more options in Central Midfield (we can rest Carrick for certain games!) I'd count on us doing it!

Tx

Red-Indian

City's obviously the crucial game. They'll be pretty fired up and we won't be fully recovered from our exertions in the Champion's league.

If we win that, i'll start counting my chickens.

Classy Cannon

Left Back <font face="Arial"color="White"> in the
LFC to win all 3. Us to draw, win, draw & then get a 6th minute of injury time winner against Hull. Would be fcukin nerve wracking, but hilarious to watch the dippers faces on MOTD as they hear the news of our late winner:D