WFA Cup SF | United 2-1 Chelsea - we're going to Wemb-er-ley

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Can we do our bit to spoil the Emma Hayes' farewell tour?
Can we get into a Cup final in which we'd actually be favourites?
Can we finally beat Chelsea?

Well we'll get our answers on Sunday at LSV.

Match will be live on BBC1.
It's also on FAplayer is some countries and on Viaplay in a chunk of Europe.

Incidentally Spurs v Leicester kicks off at midday and is live on BBC2. So we'll know who we'll be up against at Wembley before our match kicks off :wenger:

Demon Barber

Can we do our bit to spoil the Emma Hayes' farewell tour?
Can we get into a Cup final in which we'd actually be favourites?
Can we finally beat Chelsea?

Well we'll get our answers on Sunday at LSV.

Match will be live on BBC1.
It's also on FAplayer is some countries and on Viaplay in a chunk of Europe.

Incidentally Spurs v Leicester kicks off at midday and is live on BBC2. So we'll know who we'll be up against at Wembley before our match kicks off :wenger:
Yes we bloody well can! The place will be rocking and we will be well up for it. The pressure is really all on Chelsea.

Disappointed that I cannot be there but I'll be doing my bit in front of the TV. I wonder if Skinner has been rehearsing his "male aggression"?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Manchester Marathon creating issues with travel to LSV tomorrow (this is also why this match couldn't be at Old Trafford)

If driving, how early do I need to arrive to get parking at the ground? And where else can I park if car park is full?

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Manchester Marathon creating issues with travel to LSV tomorrow (this is also why this match couldn't be at Old Trafford)

If driving, how early do I need to arrive to get parking at the ground? And where else can I park if car park is full?
You likely won’t be able to get a space outside LSV unless you’re super early. I’d recommend Pennington Flash if you’re looking for somewhere to park. It’s about £3 parking and 10 minutes walk to the stadium.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
You likely won’t be able to get a space outside LSV unless you’re super early. I’d recommend Pennington Flash if you’re looking for somewhere to park. It’s about £3 parking and 10 minutes walk to the stadium.
Agreed. The other parking places are mostly in Leigh town centre about 15/20 minutes walk depending on which one you end up in.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
The other WFA cup semifinal is just about to kick off on BBC2. It's Spurs v Arsenal and they're playing at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium. I'm not sure what size crowd they're expecting but it looks like a lovely day for it.

Grace Clinton, of course, starts for Spurs. Leicester are the underdogs but they've drawn away from home with City and us this season and won't make it easy for Spurs.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Cheers for that - I know a few people who are struggling with logistics of getting there with the marathon

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
A big game against Chelsea so might as well play a round of ”Guess the minute United are denied a stonewall penalty”.

top1whoisman

Scout
Haven’t seen us this much ”in their face” for a while. Perhaps ever. Hard to keep up with this energy for a full 90 but please keep going.

RomfordRed75

Bought tickets for the final before the semi final draw was made, didn't think I'd be going after the draw! Fingers crossed

top1whoisman

Scout
Chelsea won’t be this slow and sloppy for the whole afternoon. Really need to capitalise while we can.

top1whoisman

Scout
True and they've got a lot of finishing power. I think the biggest things for us are going to be maintaining the energy level and avoiding concentration and positional lapses at the back.
Indeed they do. Probably a couple of HT subs coming up.

I fear that we sit up too deep from too early on and invite too much pressure.

At the moment it’s already starting look as if it was the 85th minute. Just clearing the balls to the stands. We’re better than this, no matter who we’re facing.

top1whoisman

Scout
Le Tissier defending like a woman on a mission. That’s exactly what you need to do against top players.