WFA Cup SF | United 2-1 Chelsea - we're going to Wemb-er-ley

Demon Barber

4:59- you can see Geyse ignoring a staff member. I totally agree that we don’t know what’s going in players’ lives etc., just saying it’s not a great look at all. The team just beat the best team in England for the first time and made it to a cup final at Wembley. That’s CR7-esque.

I am still dubious. I just watched the celebrations on iPlayer and I am sure she was in the group huddle/talk.

Anyway, sod it. Great win :)

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I am still dubious. I just watched the celebrations on iPlayer and I am sure she was in the group huddle/talk.

I think I saw her in the huddle too. So she probably came back for it.

But you are absolutely right. It’s just one player and the team just did something special. Plenty of time for transfer speculation etc. but this should be celebrated.

Scanny

I was at work yesterday so could not really watch it and didn’t hear any of the BBC commentary.
Just watched the game on iPlayer and JFC this is some of the most biased commentary I’ve ever heard.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
This was a backs against the wall and run your socks off kind of game for United.
It wasn’t a game for the luxury of Geyse.
But today is not a day to focus on that.
I’m still on a high from beating Chelsea for the first time and getting to the final for the second year running.
Lucia Garcia was a terrific example of a flair player throwing everything she had into the match - scored in the opening minute, still running in the 98th and picking up a yellow card along the way!

Incidentally I do have a certain amused respect for our ability to share out the yellow cards around the team. Also congrats to MLT for inviting the commentators' collective wrath by getting away with the kind of fouls that we usually get booked for and only our opponents are allowed to get away with :lol:

Demon Barber

I was at work yesterday so could not really watch it and didn’t hear any of the BBC commentary.
Just watched the game on iPlayer and JFC this is some of the most biased commentary I’ve ever heard.
The commentary was appalling at the time, but is quite delicious on a re-watch.

Lucia Garcia was a terrific example of a flair player throwing everything she had into the match - scored in the opening minute, still running in the 98th and picking up a yellow card along the way!

Incidentally I do have a certain amused respect for our ability to share out the yellow cards around the team. Also congrats to MLT for inviting the commentators' collective wrath by getting away with the kind of fouls that we usually get booked for and only our opponents are allowed to get away with :lol:
Maya was up for it. Brilliant snide throughout. I also loved Earps after one of her superb saves from James shouting a big "F Off" - the commentary were a bit flustered.

Scanny

Also congrats to MLT for inviting the commentators' collective wrath by getting away with the kind of fouls that we usually get booked for and only our opponents are allowed to get away with :lol:
She was quite brilliant. Makes up for many decisions v Chelsea over the years we’ve never got.

top1whoisman

Scout

Okay one more post regarding this :angel:

She’s here on the right doing an Ashley Cole when the rest of the team is in a huddle.

top1whoisman

Scout

Definitely. Although compared to the Villa game in October after which she was "so f*cking tired", yesterday she said she was only "so tired" :lol:

Demon Barber

Definitely. Although compared to the Villa game in October after which she was "so f*cking tired", yesterday she said she was only "so tired" :lol:
Her response after the Villa game was so funny.

During the semi-final Skinner said that Toone told him she was "dog ears." I have no idea what that means. Help.

Scanny

Her response after the Villa game was so funny.

During the semi-final Skinner said that Toone told him she was "dog ears." I have no idea what that means. Help.
Toone says she was doing doggies which means a lot of running without the ball.