What’s your favorite kit?

PeteManic

Shame they followed it up with this:

Hated this one. The sleeves felt like tea towels. Never did like badges in the middle either. Rubbish watermarks down the sides, and the 'theatre of dreams' bit was always right on the belly button of the protruding beer belly of paunchy men.
Couldn't agree more. Being a teenager, I was OBSESSED with getting the 96/98 shirt. My dad ordered it on the phone and got it sent to Ireland. Cantona 7 on the back. Amazingly it came a day early and so I had it before it was released in the shops. And yet, looking back, it was incredibly shit. Weird material. Crap collar. Crap shape. Ah the good old days!!!

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

TBH anything but the Vodafone and Chevrolet kits.

I hate that obnoxious, brash, Chevrolet logo. Would ruin any shirt
If this was released today, it would smash records. Classic.

I liked the 2007/08 entire group of kits, each one was understated, classy and beautiful.

2006/07 home was quirky but iconic.

1994-1996 Home Kit is lovely.

In recent years, only one I liked was the 2016/17 kit... if we had been more successful, would have been more fondly remembered IMO.

Away kit wise, this year we have had some nice ones IMO but shame the football hasn't quite brought out the beauty in them.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
You just read my mind. Was about to post this one!

On the other hand, I also the remember the ugliest kit we ever had:

How did the board let something like this happen?
That shirt was a tribute to our "Newton Heath" days. Before we became Manchester United we wore green and yellow. I own that shirt and it's even uglier in person lol.

Jonty

Toss up between the home 87-88 kit (first kit I got) or the black 93/94.

Hughie77

1977. Was a white with 3 black stripes down one side, loved it, bought a retro one few years back, but it shrunk .. the Cantona black as I call it is another. As for red one love the 99 treble shirt got one of them with the champions league logo on it..

BigRon1985

The late 70s Admiral home kit wasn’t great, but the white and black away kit with the three black stripes is my favourite non-red kit ever. Please will someone more competent than me post a pic of it?
That’s my favourite kit too - very radical at the time I remember....

Eric's Seagull

Really liked the 1994/95 away kit in blue and white when I was younger. It was a touch of class by the club to add the players names it as it made me intrigued to find out whose these great men were.

Revaulx

:drool:

Edit: Now that’s brought back memories, though not necessarily accurate ones! It was first released with just three vertical stripes, but Adidas claimed that they had three stripes trademarked and threatened to sue United. So an extra stripe was added. The club then reached a settlement with Adidas (possibly an undertaking that they would change kit to theirs once the Admiral deal had expired?) and went back to three stripes.

Last edited:

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
:drool:

Edit: Now that’s brought back memories, though not necessarily accurate ones! It was first released with just three vertical stripes, but Adidas claimed that they had three stripes trademarked and threatened to sue United. So an extra stripe was added. The club then reached a settlement with Adidas (possibly an undertaking that they would change kit to theirs once the Admiral deal had expired?) and went back to three stripes.
Glad you cleared that up, sure I had one with three stripes but it was cheap and nasty off the market, here's Pancho with three

ryansgirl

The grey kit was the best...............Actually I liked them! I remember that game when the players wore it then changed at half time. I am fairly sure it was nothing to do with superstition and everything to do with visibility but it still made a good story for the media to twist.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
I prefer strips with a round neck rather than a collar or v neck hence why I like 2008 so much.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Thank you so much! Spine-chilling stuff. I had forgotten that Eusebio was in that Benefica team - what a great sport he was and a credit to Portugese football unlike some of his teammates.
Yeah quality that from Eusebio, but I think he was in shock, there was only one place that shot was going till Stepney got his bare hands on it.

JK-27

Fond memories of this shirt, it was the first shirt my Dad bought me when I was a kid. Still remember going in the sports shop and being bought it, and I still have it tucked away in a drawer.