What are Arsenal doing?

TheReligion

Abusive
The whole thing is a mess isn't it. They sack Emery with no real plan in place or permanent manager in the pipeline. They have a caretaker with zero first team managerial experience who looks hugely out of his depth.

Honestly have no idea what they are planning or why they even sacked Emery without something in mind.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Isn't a lack of a plan what they do anyway?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
They're in the process of hiring a manager. They sacked Emery because he was very bad.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The whole thing is a mess isn't it. They sack Emery with no real plan in place or permanent manager in the pipeline. They have a caretaker with zero first team managerial experience who looks hugely out of his depth.

Honestly have no idea what they are planning or why they even sacked Emery without something in mind.
We sacked Mourinho with no clear plan on who we was going to replace him with? You just have to stop the rot and hope something different brings different results. Arsenal just haven't had the new manager bounce probably because Ljungberg is a bit raw, they probably should have gone for someone like Vieira who at least has top flight managerial experience

crossy1686

career ending
Said it at the start of the season when they panic bought Pepe.
They’re in a bigger mess than we are, at least we seem to be getting over the worst of the worst, they’ve got that yet to come.

TheReligion

Abusive
They're in the process of hiring a manager. They sacked Emery because he was very bad.
You simply can't afford to have a lengthy process during a season. They needed to sew the groundwork like Spurs did beforehand.

Total incompetence.

TheReligion

Abusive
We sacked Mourinho with no clear plan on who we was going to replace him with? You just have to stop the rot and hope something different brings different results. Arsenal just haven't had the new manager bounce probably because Ljungberg is a bit raw, they probably should have gone for someone like Vieira who at least has top flight managerial experience
I'll have it to a degree but we had more of a plan than this and we also brought in a more experienced caretaker.

It's very worrying that the players haven't responded at all too. Let's face it. It's a disaster from top to bottom.

Just listening to Freddie talk now and it's embarrassing. Especially the bit about Ozil.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Silent Stan and the arsenal exec’s are actually just as shit as Woody, only they keep quiet a bit more so go under the radar more

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

DT from AFTV just over a year ago saying 'at least we're not Man United', 'we've passed on the Banter FC tag to them', 'we have a clear path, whereas they have Mourinho looking like Wenger in his last days at Arsenal' etc. It's funny how I was a bit down after us reverting to type against beatable teams at home, then I put Arsenal-City on and thought 'at least I'm not an Arsenal fan'. Absolute rudderless rubbish there at the moment, the results are awful but the performances if anything are worse from what I've seen.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'll have it to a degree but we had more of a plan than this and we also brought in a more experienced caretaker.

It's very worrying that the players haven't responded at all too. Let's face it. It's a disaster from top to bottom.

Just listening to Freddie talk now and it's embarrassing. Especially the bit about Ozil.
Well that's why we can always take solace in Arsenal, they always do things worse than us :lol:

manc4red

If we thought we were underperforming, there are no adjectives that can describe this arsenal team. They have even more established players than us that should do so much more than they are. Cant think of one player on that team that is worth more than what arsenal paid for them.

i have a few arsenal mates with a die hard arsenal neighbour. Need to reach out to them to ensure they keep their heads above the water

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Hypnotizing CBs into forgetting how to play football is my guess

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Slowly bleeding to death because we have an owner who doesn't give a damn.

Josep Dowling

Terrible recruitment.

They have continuously ignored buying a decent defence, especially CB. How is buying David Luiz going to resolve that issue?

Buying Lacazette, then 6 months later spending big money on a player who plays the exact same position in Aubameyang.

Giving Ozil a ridiculous contract. He hasn’t turned up since.

£70m on Pepe? Really? They could have bought Lille as a club for £100m.

Arsenal fans moaned about Wenger but it was the recruitment that was the issue not his coaching. Arsenal don’t have deep pockets so I can’t see them getting out of this mess anytime soon.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Apparently I heard they want to interview about ten candidates? Some have probably been interviewed already and sent on their way like Marcelinho when he was in London last week but that seems a strange strategy to me.

Usually when you're doing shortlists you whittle it quickly down to three to interview (as they apparently did after Wenger with Allegri, Arteta and Emery getting interviews) as that's usually a decent mixture of strengths and weaknesses from three different people.

Ten to me seems they're just got no idea what they really want and that one of them will just wow them. I get the feeling they actually thought Ljungberg would do an OGS and buy them time to end of the season but that's not happening.

My guess is they'll eventually end up with Ancelotti.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Yeah that's a good point. Man. United comparison would've been giving it to Carrick at this stage last season when he'd only been on the coaching staff a few months.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Apparently I heard they want to interview about ten candidates? Some have probably been interviewed already and sent on their way like Marcelinho when he was in London last week but that seems a strange strategy to me.

Usually when you're doing shortlists you whittle it quickly down to three to interview (as they apparently did after Wenger with Allegri, Arteta and Emery getting interviews) as that's usually a decent mixture of strengths and weaknesses from three different people.

Ten to me seems they're just got no idea what they really want and that one of them will just wow them. I get the feeling they actually thought Ljungberg would do an OGS and buy them time to end of the season but that's not happening.

My guess is they'll eventually end up with Ancelotti.
Ancelotti is probably the worst option for them right now. He's not good in a crisis, like atall.

There best option is to plump at an up and commer, someone who has an idea and will implement it, almost similar to what us or United are doing, even if Lampard ultimately fails at becoming a quality manager worst case scenario is his long term planning leaves a excellent set of players for the next guy.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

From what I heard the reason they swapped Freddie and Bould around re coaching roles in the summer was just incase they had to stick an emergency interim in, believing Ljungberg to be a better choice.

SambaBoy

All candidates have to impress the 3 decision makers. Raul Sanllehi, Victor Venketasham and Edu. This is probably why they are not any closer to a decision with regards to their next permament manager.

It's one that they need to get right. The majority of people were underwhelmed when Emery was appointed and speculated he would fail. The signings have been uninspiring with the exception of Guendouzi so far.

RUCK4444

This is EXACTLY what stresses me out when people ask for Ole to be sacked without mentioning any form of gameplay outside of the dismissal.

It’s a potentially dangerous decision that can send a club into free fall.

SAFMUTD

Ljungberg needs time, Wenger wasnt a success right away, he cant play as he wants with those players.

He needs at least a couple of windows and two years before judging.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Initially there was lot of links with managers, now barely any news (or maybe I didn't read).

Maybe they want to take time to evaluate all the potential candidates. This season is a write off for them now. They will have to go all out for Europa league.

mwake

Supports
Liverpool
It looked like they were trying quickly to replicate the city / Liverpool triad when they bought lacca and auba, unfortunately it didn't work out.

Looking at all the team they look a shambles, at least Chelsea have the excuse of youth and can spend their way out of trouble Arsenal will have to sell first as they have already spent a lot on Pepe and Ozils wages.

They need to do what Spurs are doing get a intelligent motivator in that team and push on.

_00_deathscar

Supports
Liverpool
Just from that game itself, what the hell kind of a tactic was giving De Bruyne the freedom of the Emirates? fecking bonkers.