What characterizes a champion team?

LuckyScout78

Today i write about what characterizes a champion team? A champion team. Not a winning team. Because you might win 3 or 6 team in a row. And you might not end up as champion. Like Ajax in last champion league group stage. Won 6 group matches but end up getting knocked out by Benfica. Or your team are winning 3 group matches in a World cup. But might end up got knock out in the cup round. So that is the reason why i will use the word champion instead of a winning team.
A champion team go all the way. To the end. But what characterizes this team?

First i will only focus on the most important factors, reasons, ingredients that will lead a team to become champion. I will not go much into details. Lesser important factors and reasons. But the most important foundation of a champion team. All from the physical part, skills, mentality and factor like luck and karma.

Let us first take a closer look at the physical part of this champion team. Special the defend and midfield = defensive players. And special a nation i will take as an example. The France nation. They just want one European champion in 1984 with a world class player in Michel Platini. But France haven't and didn't want the world cup before their team in 1998 and 2000 won the World cup and European world cup. Because the France nation edition 1998 and 2000. Combine a top level of skill and flair with a really powerful and physical strong team. Special in the defend and midfield areas. With a world class players like Marcel Desailly and Patrick Viera.
France were physical and powerful strong compare to others teams. "It made them a hard to beat and score against "
Even theirs attacking players like Zidane "Zizou" and Henry looked so athletic and physical strong. Having bodies of a Greek Good.
So that is what lacking with the France nation and earlier editions. 1984 team might have the skills, flair and style. But was lacking the physical part and factor.
And when talking about the physical part and factor. I will not only talking about more powerful and stronger opposition.
Many of the France nation players from 1998 and 2000 era. Was playing in the premier league. Like Viera, Pires and Henry. Then it will be ability and word that will play a big part. Its the "Intensity ". It include the pace and aggressivness that goes with the intensity. Beside that France edition physical power advantage.

And with this. We might see why the Spain nation team didn't won a world cup or European cup before the uniqe and golden generation with Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol and Busquets. But i will come back to his era and generation later.

Still on the physical factor and part of the game. And i think and believe the reason is the same for the Belgium nation team and Netherlands. The Netherlands won European cup with the golden generation with Van Basten, Gullit and Rikjard.
But special with the nation team Belgium. With top ball skill and flair players like De Bruyne, Hazard, Lukaku haven't go all the way to the end and become champion is. I think they are lacking the top physical part and factor of the game. Have top skill and flair. But not physical strong and powerful. They are not a team hard to beat and score against. Belgium defend line and the defensive cm player are not top and world class. Midfield and attack are really good. But the defensive and defend. Not world class level.

And when i start talking about the France nation team 1998 and 2000 edition. Surely i will talk and take the Arsenal golden era around that time too. Because most of the players from the France nation team were playing for Arsenal too. Like Viera, Pires, Petite, Henry and some few others. Then we can see a clear line and what in common with the France and Arsenal team. Arsenal team were physical powerful, strong, robust and compare with top ball skill and flair on the top and attack. In Pires, Bergkamp, Henry and Ljungberg. Arsenal had both the hard to beat and score against and top skill and creative to score a lot. World class level on both this part of the game. The defensive and attack.

Next i will take a look at the golden and unique generation of Spain. The Iniesta, Xavi and Puyol era and generation.
This champion team were so good to keep the ball in the team = So so hard and difficult to take the ball from them. Not the most physical and powerful champion team. But when your team are too superior when it come to ball skills and how to handle it. Combine with a world class CB and leader in Puyol. Who stop most of the opposition attack. That Spanish golden generation were just unique. Compare to the France champion team 1998 and 2000. That have more physical players in the team. This Spanish team were more about the ball skill. But Mr.Puyol was just amazing as CB. A true leader and captain for that golden generation.

Another example of a team hard to beat, physical strong and combine with top skill and flair were Mourinho first Chelsea era. That Chelsea era had everything. Same as Manchester United golden generation in the 90. The 99 treble team.

Now i will write in short words and sum up the most important factors and reason that lead to a champion teams:

+ A team hard to beat and score against = A world class defend. Top in the defensive
+ Physical strong. Top intensity and aggresiveness
+ A complete team or complete as you can get. No or lesser weakness. In all positions
+ A strong and world class central spine = GK, CB, CM, CF. Like France 98 and 00
CB: Desailly, Thuram CM: Viera CF Henry. And spice that central spine with spice skills and flair in Pires. You will come long with this team.
Spain : CB : Puyol CM : Busquets, Iniesta, Xavi CF : Villa & Torres

+ A top leader / Coach = Sir Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho
+ The invisible factor like luck and good karma. Special the karma of the collective. The luck of the collective. A champion team always have luck and margins on theirs side. To help them go all the way.

So conclusion is. If we are seeing a team that is lacking some of the biggest factors and reasons. Then they will not go all the way and not good enough to become a champion team.
Different champion teams might have some factor and reasons more shining than others. But the common and what characterizes a champion team?
They are complete as you can get. With no or few weakness. Top or really good in all positions. Really hard to beat = score against. And when you came up against the totally dominate with the ball. The Spanish golden era. You don't have the ball. How can you score?That lead you to win the game?
And that is what Pep is building his team around and focus on. Totally superior on the ball skills. Combine with a top CB in Rube Dias.
Like others champion teams. Pep has to have a strong and solid defend too. Like Klopp with Van Dijk and Liverpool. You get to have a world class CB. A robust, powerful strong and hard to come up against.

Those main factors comes again and again. And if we taking a look at Manchester United in the 2-3 last season. We can see what United are lacking. Not a team with top skills and flair + combine with top physical strong, intensity and aggressiveness.

So those are the main factors, ingredients and character of a champion teams and what they have in common. Thank for reading and wish everyon a nice day;)