What exactly are we good at?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Chaos.

When the chaos descends, we thrive.

Or concede goals... You know, either or.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Wut? Have you been reading this forum? It's just a constant entitled slating of our players and manager.
Find me a football forum or online fans group that's all sunshine and rainbows.

DavelinaJolie

I genuinely think Utd are the stupidest team in the league. Everything just looks stupid. I should clarify I mean stupid as in daft, not brain-dead.

Game state? What's that? Eh?

RORY65

Wut? Have you been reading this forum? It's just a constant entitled slating of our players and manager.
If the last 10 years had happened at the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern they would have been through a lot more managers and the squad would have been run out of town, the white hankies would be waving every week. I think the United fans have been a lot less harsh than fans at a lot of other big clubs would be, I mean it takes a lot less for the fans to turn at Chelsea and they never really won anything big until 20 years ago.

In terms of what we're good at, the young players have been a bright spot that give some hope as long as they keep developing while when the game becomes chaotic and end-to-end we're at least a bit more even in them. When the game is controlled and structured we're absolutely hopeless.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Anyway, to answer the question, we are good at pulling rabbits out of hats when the manager needs a miracle to save his job. Been the case for multiple managers now - unacceptably poor run of form followed by an unexpected positive result that buys them a reprieve.

Irwin99

It's a tough ask ( :lol:) but here it goes:

• We force a lot of errors through the press (look at the last two games)
  • When fit we probably have two perfect fullbacks to slip into midfield in Dalot and Shaw (never fit though)
  • The spirit is better than the last time we had an opportunity to stop Liverpool's title bid (4-0 hammering at Anfield)
  • The pace on the transition is very quick.
  • Goalkeeper is calm being pressed by forward players.
errrrr, struggling a bit here.

Phil

Good:
The academy and producing young players
Generating revenue
Internet forums
Chaos ball
Spoiling Liverpool’s 23/24 quadruple
Lots of fans supporting failing managers
A bit of fight this year

AndersB

Find me a football forum or online fans group that's all sunshine and rainbows.
Such a thing doesn't exist. But I have hard time seeing many other forums being as full of posters throwing their toys out of the pram because they haven't gotten the shiny new christmas gift they deserve as a fan of Manchester United

Valencia Shin Crosses

We’ve had our worst season in possibly 30 years. Slating players and the manager is completely within people’s right.

But in general OT claps everyone, every player deserves “time to adapt”, people still want to keep a manager that’s shown 0 ability to adapt and has lost more games than anyone in our history this season, and we salute players like McTominay as club legends every time they score a goal even if they’ve been a part of 5 years of failure.

If you think United’s fan base is intolerant you don’t pay attention at all to other clubs. Real Madrid sacked Benitez months into the job and will show up at a players car berating him if they have a few poor months

Rossa

We’re good at being a moments team. Look at our two goals today - brilliant but not something you ever expect. Dominated every match, but we have moments.

Rojofiam

We're shit at defending.
We're shit at going forward.
We're shit at attacking set pieces.
We're shit at defending set pieces.
We're shit at man marking.
We're shit at zonal marking.
We're shit at passing.
We're shit at crossing.
We're shit at finishing.
We're shit at dribbling.
We're shit at pressing.
We're shit at the low block.
We're shit at playing out the back.
We're shit at tracking runners.
We're shit in transition.
We're shit tactically.
We're shit technically.
We're shit at staying fit.
We're good in transitions

Doracle

Somehow getting out of games like this with a point because we have some insanely talented players who can produce something from nothing.

Honestly, this is the most Moments FC we have ever been.

CloneMC16

Honestly it's a wonder how we're 6th. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say we've been the worst team in the league after Sheffield United and Burnley.
Individual brilliance. We have some good players and their ability sometimes bails us out. As a team, we're absolutely awful.

The one thing we're generally good at is attacking transitions.

Lentwood

We're shit at defending.
We're shit at passing.
We're shit at crossing.
We're shit at finishing.
We're shit at dribbling.
We're shit at pressing.
We're shit tactically.
We're shit technically.
Contrary to popular opinion, we have some pretty decent players...maybe not world beaters, but a clear cut-above at least 12/13 teams in the league.

Oscar Bonavena

As others have said, we're great at producing random moments of magic in between large swathes of staggering mediocrity and ineptitude. The top 10 goals of the season will probably feature several United goals.

But it's no foundation on which to build a serious team.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
We're shit at defending.
We're shit at passing.
We're shit at crossing.
We're shit at finishing.
We're shit at dribbling.
We're shit at pressing.
We're shit tactically.
We're shit technically.
Amazing moments. Two today. Various against Chelsea including one of the most outrageous assists I’ve ever seen.

Unfortunately we do lots of crap in between

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
We’re good at chaos ball. Even if it is potluck what comes of it

predator

Youth NITK
I think we were far better and more organized on the break (if that makes sense) under Ole. There were clear set patterns in how we broke. Now it’s just a bit chaotic
Completely agree with you about Ole's being more organized and ETH's being chaotic. I kinda love the unpredictability of us now on the counter though. I also love the fact that Rasmus can run into oppoisiton CBs which leaves their full backs vulnerable.

MonkeysMagic

I said this in another post and got the usual barrage of 'it's the system failing the manager, injuries to key players (can only think of Martinez/Shaw) and bad luck' etc etc.

If it wasn't for the fact that individual brilliance gets us goals out of nowhere because we have goid players, we'd be in the bottom 5.

AndersB

We’ve had our worst season in possibly 30 years. Slating players and the manager is completely within people’s right.

But in general OT claps everyone, every player deserves “time to adapt”, people still want to keep a manager that’s shown 0 ability to adapt and has lost more games than anyone in our history this season, and we salute players like McTominay as club legends every time they score a goal even if they’ve been a part of 5 years of failure.

If you think United’s fan base is intolerant you don’t pay attention at all to other clubs. Real Madrid sacked Benitez months into the job and will show up at a players car berating him if they have a few poor months
Has nothing to do with this season though. It's been like this pretty much since SAF retired.

I'm also talking about this forum more than the fan base in general. Our away fans are amazing.

OverratedOpinion

We're just a bit of a laugh this season. 18 year old scoring worldies in the stretford end against Liverpool? Yeah why not. Rashford out partying then smashing a 30 yarder in against city? Okie dokie. Going on a decent little run then getting dominated against Fulham just for the fun of it? Yeah go on then.

Vibes innit. Ten Hag is the ultimate substitute teacher who might just about get us to write a few answers down so the head teacher doesn't sack him.

Dominos

We're good in transitions
I really don't think we are. Maybe you could argue at times under Ole we were decent and last season under ETH decent, but certainly not this season.

If we were, we wouldn't be sat on 45 goals scored. We're 12th in xG, we barely create any chances from our transitions.

Today might be a good example, in the first 20 minutes the commentators were saying we look dangerous. Then you look at the stats, we'd not had a shot yet, and Liverpool were in double figures. We'd manage to mess up every single promising transition we had. Every time you think something is developing and we're about to create a chance, someone finds a way to ruin it before we even get to the point of having a shot.

We have players who consistently mess up every single transition with a poor touch, poor decision, poor pass, dribbling into the opposition player.

Amira

We're shit at defending.
We're shit at passing.
We're shit at crossing.
We're shit at finishing.
We're shit at dribbling.
We're shit at pressing.
We're shit tactically.
We're shit technically.
Backing managers

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Supporting our manager. He’d likely be booed at any other big club’s stadium yet has incredible support from our fan base who adore him. And I don’t actually say it as sarcasm or to take a dig, I genuinely think it’s great we’ve created this working atmosphere where the manager does not need to worry about being supported by fans regardless of results, performances etc.

steffyr2

We've got great players who act like they've just met their teammates for the 1st time 15 minutes before the match started.
Really interesting to watch Liverpool always having a teammate to pass to (or three!).

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
One thing I really loved today were the challenges and physicality. If we could replicate that in other games, we would be much better off.