What happened Aguero?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hopefully just short of fitness

MalaysianRed7

Heartbeat at a much faster rate than normal, left the Camp Nou in an ambulance. Barca say he’s fine.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Pure speculation but the publicly reported symptoms fit Myocarditis ? Breathing difficulties, rapid heart rate.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Hopefully he's okay, even if he's responsible for my worst footballing memory ever.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Playing for a real football club for the first time in about 10 years shocked him a bit.

Seriously though, hopefully he's okay.

Scottynaldinho

There's no space for silly jokes in a thread like this. There are other threads for that.

Hope he's alright which seems to be the case.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I think Barca’s training sessions aren’t very strenuous so I imagine he has lost a lot of fitness due to injury and once he came back to training it was still nowhere near close enough to match fitness.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
There's no space for silly jokes in a thread like this. There are other threads for that.

Hope he's alright which seems to be the case.
I think there may be more to this story. Professional athletes don’t just become breathless for no reason. I think they’ll either find a heart issue or he will be covid positive

Withnail

Hopefully he's ok.

Maybe I'm missing a lame joke but they don't call ambulances if you're a bit overweight and not fit enough to play a football match.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I think there may be more to this story. Professional athletes don’t just become breathless for no reason. I think they’ll either find a heart issue or he will be covid positive
Yea but then we get Anderson whom had to receive oxygen on the bench.

GazTheLegend

Man, hope he’s ok.

There seems to be an increase in this within top level football… it’s not good.
We will see more and more of it too. The long term effects of microdosing Erythropoietin haven't been fully explored.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think Barca’s training sessions aren’t very strenuous so I imagine he has lost a lot of fitness due to injury and once he came back to training it was still nowhere near close enough to match fitness.
I feel like I read this somewhere in the past few years — owing to the ages of key players like Busquets, Pique, Alba, Messi etc. their training sessions were very light, which was compounding on the injury prone players like Dembele for the shock to the body once in actual matches

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
We will see more and more of it too. The long term effects of microdosing Erythropoietin haven't been fully explored.
What makes you so sure that this could be at play in this instance?

Aguero, apparently, has an issue with his heart when he was 12 years old. He was diagnosed with arrhythmia back then, according to a few sources like ‘Sport’

Why do you think that particular drug is in widespread usage in the sport?

GazTheLegend

I don't really want to derail the thread, especially with potentially harmful and personal speculation, and wasn't commenting on this particular case. I just believe, personally, whether or not there's any merit in it - that there will be an increased number of these sorts of cases in football in the future, given what footballers in general are put through on a weekly/daily basis and given the potential for clubs (particularly in lax states) to try to maximise the performance of their players through any means necessary.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
So not his fitness then as was alluded to earlier in this thread. They’ve obviously discovered an issue that could mean big problems for him if not treated correctly hence not being available for selection for 3 months; a big chunk of time for a 33’year old at a new club

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
So not his fitness then as was alluded to earlier in this thread. They’ve obviously discovered an issue that could mean big problems for him if not treated correctly hence not being available for selection for 3 months; a big chunk of time for a 33’year old at a new club
3 months out aged 33 with cardiac issues is retirement material.

Wouldn't be surprised if he wants to keep going until the WC with Argentina having a good chance in it. Qatar isn't exactly the ideal place to test treatment effectiveness though. May get selected to just go hang around, experience, team spirit and all that, but unlikely to get anywhere near kicking a ball.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Never want to hear or see that stuff. Good nothing worse happened.

tomaldinho1

I feel like I read this somewhere in the past few years — owing to the ages of key players like Busquets, Pique, Alba, Messi etc. their training sessions were very light, which was compounding on the injury prone players like Dembele for the shock to the body once in actual matches
Yh there was an interview with Messi in recent time (maybe 2-3 seasons ago) where he said the last coach who worked them hard was Enrique and only after he' gone did they realise how good the training was (or something like that)