What happens when you block a poster?

TheReligion

Abusive
I assume you can’t see any of their content but they can see yours?

Does it affect anything else for either party?

Abizzz

You won't see threads they start. It tells you whenever someone you have on ignore posted in a thread you're viewing though.

Abizzz

Oh that’s annoying
I agree it is. But then if it didn't you wouldn't know why some posters appear to be talking to themselves. I click to view their posts most of the time and only use the ignore function to know never to quote or answer to one of their posts because it's futile.

TheReligion

Abusive
I agree it is. But then if it didn't you wouldn't know why some posters appear to be talking to themselves. I click to view their posts most of the time and only use the ignore function to know never to quote or answer to one of their posts because it's futile.
Yeah I understand. I suppose in a way you aren’t really ignoring them though are you and if anything is actually gives their posts more attention by highlighting them to you.

Abizzz

Yeah I understand. I suppose in a way you aren’t really ignoring them though are you and if anything is actually gives their posts more attention by highlighting them to you.
It's far from ideal but I wouldn't know how to improve it either.

Chief123

I must be on so many ignore lists it’s kind of an honour.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I assume you can’t see any of their content but they can see yours?

Does it affect anything else for either party?
No-one actually notices when you put a poster on ignore, so you could also just try it out on someone to see how it works, and then un-ignore the poster again.

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
No-one actually notices when you put a poster in ignore, so you could also just try it out on someone to see how it works, and then un-ignore the poster again.
Cheers. I’ve got a hit list and a block list. Just looking to iron out a few finer details then I’ll implement stage two.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Cheers. I’ve got a hit list and a block list. Just looking to iron out a few finer details then I’ll implement stage two.
Well, erm, have fun?

What's the hit list for? Troll farm attacks?