What if these two rules were never excluded from the draft for Association Football?

The Hairdryer

Originally in the Cambridge Rules of 1862 and voted out by the first ever FA between October and December 1963.

IX.A player shall be entitled to run with the ball towards his adversaries' goal if he makes a fair catch, or catches the ball on the first bound; but in case of a fair catch, if he makes his mark he shall not run.

X.If any player shall run with the ball towards his adversaries' goal, any player on the opposite side shall be at liberty to charge, hold, trip or hack him, or to wrest the ball from him, but no player shall be held and hacked at the same time.

What would football be in England be like today? Do you think that version of the game would have spread around the world like "Soccer" has? ...and do you think Physio's and doctors would play a more prominent role?

The Hairdryer

ThomasM said:
its called rugby.
No, different Thomas. A version of Rugby was being played at the same time. It would be more like Gaelic Football or Aussie Rules with a normal football goals, and the game was played with the feet unless someone caught it.

alonso767

Calm down
actually, this thread is so shite that i am considering deleting all my posts in it so that no one will know that i took the time to contribute to it.

alonso767

Calm down
ThomasM said:
i have already used the print screen button and saved it as a jpg.
dont make me release it on the mighty internet.
:lol:

you've posted in it as well, don't think i cant blackmail you just as easily.

shit thread this.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
feck, you got me there.
though i might paintshop the image and replace my name with someone elses, the perfect crime.

feck, i have my chemistry exam in 2,5hours.
im kinda fecked. doublefecked to be honest, though i dont think a male can be doublefecked (unless you count the mouth), so i`ll go for fecked.
im fecked.

The Hairdryer

alonso767 said:
actually, this thread is so shite that i am considering deleting all my posts in it so that no one will know that i took the time to contribute to it.
Don't like it don't post in it.

alonso767

Calm down
yeah, i just finished a paper on machiavelli.

shite night, i got early class too. i may be off for bed, only the horror of this thread may keep me awake.