What is more important, the club or it's manager?

the hea

Honest question, it seems that the fact that we are getting a new manager seems to be a lot more celebration worthy than us winning the FA Cup for the first time in 12 years.
Like most other on here I think replacing Van Gaal is the right decision but why do people feel the need to spew out their hate for him today a day that should be celebrated for our cup win and not filled with hate?

SirAF

Ageist
Honest question, it seems that the fact that we are getting a new manager seems to be a lot more celebration worthy than us winning the FA Cup for the first time in 12 years.
Like most other on here I think replacing Van Gaal is the right decision but why do people feel the need to spew out their hate for him today a day that should be celebrated for our cup win and not filled with hate?
Because the appointment of Mourinho is more important for the club long term. This is a game changer.

the hea

Because the appointment of Mourinho is more important for the club long term. This is a game changer.
He can't bring us anything better than trophies? One hour after our first FA Cup win in 12 years and a lot of people on here seemed more interested in telling the world how much they hate Van Gaal than actually enjoying us winning a trophy.

Drifter

American
Some just saw Citeh with Pep ,dippers with Klopp and wanted a big name manager of their very own.

spwd

The club obviously, we're all celebrating the fa cup win but the bigger picture is the success of the club over a period not just one cup.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Some just saw Citeh with Pep ,dippers with Klopp and wanted a big name manager of their very own.
Some actually watched games this season, seen how bad we have been and are tired of being told that our expectations are too high.

SirAF

Ageist
He can't bring us anything better than trophies? One hour after our first FA Cup win in 12 years and a lot of people on here seemed more interested in telling the world how much they hate Van Gaal than actually enjoying us winning a trophy.
It's a nice trophy, but challenging for the league and the CL is where the bar got to be. LvG failed miserably in that respect.

MoskvaRed

The manager, obviously. It's great to win the cup but we are still in a hole. Beating a team who were just above the relegation zone (and needing extra-time) after facing just one good side in the previous rounds does not counterbalance finishing 5th after 38 games and playing awful football. Tonight I feel we have righted the wrong of 2013 when we resorted to cronyism in picking Fergie's mate. To me, this feels like 1986 again. United are back as a serious football team.

Revan

Assumptionman
Multitasking.
:lol:

What? You mean that it is possible to celebrate FA Cup trophy at the same time you celebrate getting a top manager to replace Vangle? What kind of black magic is that?

Revan

Assumptionman
Don't worry, Giggsy is coming. The bullish behavior from you when it came to this topic was so nice to see.

Cina

Mourinho has been teased to fans for six months. It's only natural to get a massive reaction when it finally happens. I don't think that means anyone isn't also delighted with winning the FA Cup.

Plus what tends to happen is that new news overshadows other news. If it was the other way round and Mourinho was announced before , we would probably be discussing the FA Cup more.

Empire

Some actually watched games this season, seen how bad we have been and are tired of being told that our expectations are too high.
To be fair he had a point, when you have so many players either making the step up into the first team or adjusting to life at the club you must expect inconsistency. He himself stated he has fallen short of his expectations by not finishing third in the league, he said this several times, he was however responding to the boos pointing out that it's a transition period.

For any manager not named LvG on these forums a new player or promoted young player is expected to be inconsistent, the following were playing their first season in our first team:

Romero, Darmian, TFM, CBJ, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderin, Lingard, Memphis, Martial, Rashford.

Add another centre back next to TFM and we have an entire 11.

I enjoyed the games but that's because I didn't expect these players to instantly form an understanding with one another, I'd rather watch Lingard's development as opposed to slate him for not being consistently effective for example, I tuned in to watch the improvements and as the season progressed they were nice, obviously it helped players came back from injury.

Another example is Martial, he got off to a quick start (scoring in 3 of his first 4 matches) but soon had a long quiet period, fans blamed Louis saying he had turned him into an ineffective player failing to realise (despite Louis saying) the player is adapting to his new situation and that's not easy so he isn't going to be consistently effective and to give him time, the blame was put on Louis but of course Martial finished the season with 7 in his last 13, if fans aren't going to expect inconsistency then they will be confused.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Because a team that can't score more than 46 goals, plays the most boring tumescent slow unwatchable football you can imagine isn't how how a Manchester United team should be

What about:
  • playing entertaining football
  • Winning attitude, never say die and leaving it all on the pitch
  • Always wanting to be the best and not settling for second place

Do these things mean nothing anymore for Manchester United ?

I have felt this entire season like LVG was pissing on our badge like a drunk fool laughing at everything that it meant for me to be Mancherster United. His excuses, his stupid decisions, ending 5th and missing out on CL but selling that like it is a job well done and talking about how hard and unreasonable it is for us to expect that he could do better in a league were leicester are fecking champions...

I couldn't stand him lifting that trophy with his fecking smirk, he looked as much of a champion to me as Moyes did parading with the charity shield he won off wigan

I honestly don't think this trophy is a massive success for the club, it is a cup, teams win it every year, a couple of years ago it was wigan, it could have easily been Palace today. This isn't the CL trophy or PL trophy we are talking about. What the feck would we be celebrating ? The mighty achievement of beating Palace or the journey to get there collecting the skulls of lower league sides and WH and Everton ? This trophy on it is own doesn't mean very much, it is a cherry to put on a cake, that cake should be the rest of our season but with us it looked more like a pile of shite. This season doesn't deserve to be celebrated, these players and how they preformed this year don't deserve to be celebrated and the guy responsible for that is LVG

Knowing that LVG is getting the sack now that is some big news, that finally means we can put this clusterfeck of a season behind us and we can start to be serious about our ambitions again and maybay we can finally start to look forward to football where they score actual goals again.

So yea I celebrate the mourinho news more than the philopshy versus palace cup (aka FA cup trophy) because it is much more significant to me

Von Mistelroum

The club. And for the club to be a success, remaining at the top to win the big trophies etc. Sadly, this cannot be achieved under an incompetent manager. The idea is that getting a top manager will, hopefully, get the signings in, get the team playing well and get us challenging for the premier league title and getting into the CL. For a club of our stature, the occasional domestic cup win isn't where we should be aiming.

nick2004

To be fair he had a point, when you have so many players either making the step up into the first team or adjusting to life at the club you must expect inconsistency.
There was no inconsistency!

It was a consistent borefest!

0-0, 1-0, 0-1

Boooooooring....

Skills

Snitch
You always spend more time being worried/excited for the future, than celebrating what has already happened.

The FA Cup was the biggest buzz I've had in years, and I looked forward to winning it since the Semi Final. I've been worried about Van Gaal, and what else he would put us through for the past 6 months.

Brocky

Because a team that can't score more than 46 goals, plays the most boring tumescent slow unwatchable football you can imagine isn't how how a Manchester United team should be

What about:
  • playing entertaining football
  • Winning attitude, never say die and leaving it all on the pitch
  • Always wanting to be the best and not settling for second place

Do these things mean nothing anymore for Manchester United ?

I have felt this entire season like LVG was pissing on our badge like a drunk fool laughing at everything that it meant for me to be Mancherster United. His excuses, his stupid decisions, ending 5th and missing out on CL but selling that like it is a job well done and talking about how hard and unreasonable it is for us to expect that he could do better in a league were leicester are fecking champions...

I couldn't stand him lifting that trophy with his fecking smirk, he looked as much of a champion to me as Moyes did parading with the charity shield he won off wigan

I honestly don't think this trophy is a massive success for the club, it is a cup, teams win it every year, a couple of years ago it was wigan, it could have easily been Palace today. This isn't the CL trophy or PL trophy we are talking about. What the feck would we be celebrating ? The mighty achievement of beating Palace or the journey to get there collecting the skulls of lower league sides and WH and Everton ? This trophy on it is own doesn't mean very much, it is a cherry to put on a cake, that cake should be the rest of our season but with us it looked more like a pile of shite. This season doesn't deserve to be celebrated, these players and how they preformed this year don't deserve to be celebrated and the guy responsible for that is LVG

Knowing that LVG is getting the sack now that is some big news, that finally means we can put this clusterfeck of a season behind us and we can start to be serious about our ambitions again and maybay we can finally start to look forward to football where they score actual goals again.

So yea I celebrate the mourinho news more than the philopshy versus palace cup (aka FA cup trophy) because it is much more significant to me
Deary, deary me. Over dramatic much?

Aren't you the guy that said you were going to stop supporting United a few days ago?

Are you still here....?

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
We celebrate the manager because we think we then have a bigger chance of winning (real) trophies. :houllier:

Some stupid threads Have been made in the last couple of hours.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Deary, deary me. Over dramatic much?

Aren't you the guy that said you were going to stop supporting United a few days ago?

Are you still here....?
I said if the club is stupid enough to have another season with LVG I might give it a miss because I'am not going to sit through that again.

Believe it or not but I actually like to be entertained when watching football, not being bored to death.

Obviously I'am still here