What kind of footballer would you have been?

Deleted member 101472

Played as a striker for the first time at 7aside the other night and am currently top scorer in the msmsl winter soccer league. Wasted career at centre mid

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I played for a little while in the Norwegian 4th tier - mostly as a left back although I’m right footed. So yeah, I’m a shit version of Darmian I guess
Who did you play for?

El-Manos

I have good movement, quick, strong, good short passing and can dribble. I’m also ambidextrous. Not sure what pro player fits that criteria ?

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Mix between -

Andy goram (cnut) in goals
A defender like maldini
Have technical ability of wee lubo
Athleticism and goal scoring ability of christiano ronaldo

A complete player - world class in every position :D

Last edited:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Attacking wing back I guess. Left footed, deadly from dead balls and a decent cross.

Liked a tackle as well.

Aren86

As a kid was probably more a van nistlrooy type player. Only cared about scoring. Then i missed 15 years of never kicking a ball and looked like Bebe.
Then managed to get back into it and now play as a Paul scholes, but with Valencia pace. Budget versions of course! Can no longer tackle, but pass pretty well and can run quicker than most and now can only use my 1 foot.

Notorious

Positives

I am very skillfull and good at getting out of tight situations, so think of Ozil in that regard. I'm good at sticking the ball in the net especially one on one with the keeper. Good at defending and putting a tackle in and at guessing what an opponent is going to do against me.

Negatives

I lack pace, strength and power. So I could get pushed off the ball and not much point in me taking corners or long shots etc. Sometimes I thought I'd make a great goalkeeper because I have super fast reactions but then taking goal kicks would be a problem lol, not sure how good I'd be in the air either which is vital for keepers on crosses.

Himannv

The kind of football I played changed with age. I started off as a striker since I had pace and a decent shot. I was rubbish at dribbling and passing at this point but I overrated myself to the point where I was dropping far too deep and trying to impact the game from there when I didn't have the skills for it.

Eventually I found some joy as a right footed left-sided wingback, since I was able to cut in and join attacks but also defend a left side against a winger running at me. I still had some pace to burn but my biggest problem was stamina and a lack of effort. I'd start games getting forward, but end them purely as a defender and that hurt the systems I played in.

Now I tend to understand the game better, have more passing skills, and can probably do a job at CM, but I'm terribly out of shape, with no pace, and I'm useless apart from the first 5 minutes of a game.

BaseFishing

It's difficult to say because people always overrestimate their abilities, but if I had to be honest and humble I would probably say I'd have:
Pele's right foot
Messi's left foot
Ronaldinho's flair
R9's pace and power
Keane's toughness
Baresi's defensive instincts
Beckham's looks
Giggs's chest hair
SAF's accent
Crouch's d*ck

Oh and also I'd play in goal thus wasting my potential.

Reactions: Jippy

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Defensive mid. With the tackling finesse of prime Scholes.

the chameleon

A right-sided central midfielder.

Could dribble well with very good ball control in school. Wasn’t very pacy though. Had good vision. With a good cross and passing range. Had an accurate free kick. Would chip in on a few goals.

Couldn’t head the ball well. Even though not a weak dude, hated the physicality. So would have struggled on a cold evening at stoke.

Couldn’t tackle but knew how position myself to win the ball.

Would be more suited Italy or Spain.

Trizy

Smalling type CB. Great in the air, strong and fast as feck. Relish the high line sprints with strikers. Piss poor passing and calmness under pressure.

Steerpike

I'd have been mainly a right back, occasionally a centre back - a sort of cross between Gary Neville and Jim Holton I think. Looking at how easily referees get upset by challenges these days, I'd probably have spent most of my career apologising to my teammates for making them play 85 minutes with 10 men.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
A right-sided central midfielder.

Could dribble well with very good ball control in school. Wasn’t very pacy though. Had good vision. With a good cross and passing range. Had an accurate free kick. Would chip in on a few goals.

Couldn’t head the ball well. Even though not a weak dude, hated the physicality. So would have struggled on a cold evening at stoke.

Couldn’t tackle but knew how position myself to win the ball.

Would be more suited Italy or Spain.
I’m picturing David Bentley

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
I always win footgolf when I go with the boys and for my Sunday League team I used to take all set pieces as a CB. Scored 22 goals in a season from CB a few years back - freekicks and pens only :lol:

They tried me as a CM (where I wanted to play) but put me under any type of pressure and my passing skills and vision go from world class to under 7’s standard.

RonaldoVII

Always thought I'd be a cross between Michael Carrick and John O'Shea, probably more of the latter but anywhere across the back or a deep central midfielder. Not much pace or height but positionally strong and a good pass.

Strats

A shite John O'Shea in CM.

I'd still have a few Scholes-esque passes though.

Eric7C

Late-career Michael Owen. But that's fine, I would still have a league title to my name, one more than Gerrard.

TGK

Supports
Liverpool
Probably be a combination of.....

Neil Ruddock, Jan Molby, Neville Southall, Mick Quinn and latter day Rooney and Brazilian Ronaldo.

....I'm still carrying some holiday weight.

RedDevilRoshi

Left back in the changing room :D

Nah on a serious note, I’d say an attacking RB. Dani Alves type but the footballing ability of Alberto Moreno

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I was the guy that would always get crunched in a tackle.

I had fast feet and very close ball control. A lot of people didn't like that so I got hacked constantly.

Still got up though.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I'd always have the flashiest boots so got automatically targeted. LW.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Positives

I am very skillfull and good at getting out of tight situations, so think of Ozil in that regard. I'm good at sticking the ball in the net especially one on one with the keeper. Good at defending and putting a tackle in and at guessing what an opponent is going to do against me.

Negatives

I lack pace, strength and power. So I could get pushed off the ball and not much point in me taking corners or long shots etc. Sometimes I thought I'd make a great goalkeeper because I have super fast reactions but then taking goal kicks would be a problem , not sure how good I'd be in the air either which is vital for keepers on crosses.
Replace pace with stamina and that is exactly me. And I'm comfortable with both feet, but sometimes try to be too cute.

I have played in literally every position, but haven't enjoyed any as much as an AM or on the LW. I have tried playing as GK, and was pretty good actually however I had to ask a defender to take goalkicks as I did not generate good distance on a dead ball, however, my long range shooting is pretty decent

ArjenIsM3

I was an even poorer Tony V. RB, great lungs, decent pass, decent vision, but couldn't shoot or cross for the life of me.