What next for Gareth Bale?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Have to admire Zidane in some ways. Doesnt fancy a player and goes all out to get rid of him. Whereas we tend to renew players contracts like confetti. We should have taken this approach with Sanchez and gone all out to get rid of the fraud.
Its a terrible way to sell an asset if you care about getting any money for it. "I really don't want this and need to get rid as soon as possible".

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Would Bayern pay crazy wages though?
600k a week, there is only a couple of clubs that can pay that. Im curious if even Bayern can. PSG, yes. But even so, would they want to pay out 600k a week on a 30 y/o crocked Bale. Dont get me wrong when fit and firing his is one of the most exciting players on the planet. But how often is that exactly?

Dont think Spurs, not really a Pochettino style signing and even if RM subsidise half his wage Spurs are not forking out 300k a week when Kane is on 200k and that is their wage ceiling.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
600k a week, there is only a couple of clubs that can pay that. Im curious if even Bayern can. PSG, yes. But even so, would they want to pay out 600k a week on a 30 y/o crocked Bale. Dont get me wrong when fit and firing his is one of the most exciting players on the planet. But how often is that exactly?

Dont think Spurs, not really a Pochettino style signing and even if RM subsidise half his wage Spurs are not forking out 300k a week when Kane is on 200k and that is their wage ceiling.
Madrid will probably subside his wages just to make it easier to offload him.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff

I can't see RM paying half his wages, but I can see them letting him go for free. Even still 600k week over say 4 years is 125m. On current form he's not worth that.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Yes but would they do so to a direct CL competitor such as say Bayern? A smaller club like Spurs maybe, no offence to the Spurs fans but they are not viewed in the same class as Bayern.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale

Yeah perhaps Spurs would be the only club he would take a drop in wages to go to as well. Could Eriksen be thrown into the deal as wasn’t he Madrid’s 2nd choice if Pogba was unavailable?

Orange Tree

Feck no. Bale staying there means Madrid has less resource to get Pogba.

It feels like some people haven't been watching football since 2013...
Bale is not that good of a player anymore and gets injured a lot. Probably still looks good on Youtube though....

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Yeah perhaps Spurs would be the only club he would take a drop in wages to go to as well. Could Eriksen be thrown into the deal as wasn’t he Madrid’s 2nd choice if Pogba was unavailable?
He could play golf with Kane. Waits patiently for some rag to come up with this as a headline for Bale's move to Spurs.

RedDevilUnited369

Had a feeling in the pit of my stomach all summer that we will lose Pogba and end up with Bale.

Where else would he go?

I really hope not.

Reactions: Fortitude

Ace of Spades

Had a feeling in the pit of my stomach all summer that we will lose Pogba and end up with Bale.

Where else would he go?

I really hope not.
There is literally nothing to suggest we are even interested in him, and we are not selling Pogba now, but yeah any reason to bitch and moan is welcome I guess.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Really hope not. The only way I would take him would be on a short term loan, on a pay as you play basis, on a massively reduced wage which is never going to be a viable option. So he can stay where he is mate.
Thank you.

With Greenwood looking like the real thing, I wouldn't mind Bale as a stop gap if he is relatively cheap.
Nothing about Bale coming to United would be cheap. We're the fools that are going to relieve Madrid of a burden that enables them to go and buy proper players, because we're stupid. If we do it, that is!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Thank you.

Nothing about Bale coming to United would be cheap. We're the fools that are going to relieve Madrid of a burden that enables them to go and buy proper players, because we're stupid.
"If" is a condition, it's kind of the key of the sentence.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I admire Zidane's ruthlessness but he's coming across as a massive twat.
Madrid have no option but to sell to whoever is willing to take him, competitor or not.
Zidane has made it impossible for him to stay.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Think Bale is going to Bayern

Cassidy

I admire Zidane's ruthlessness but he's coming across as a massive twat.
So is Bale to be honest. Happy to sit on the bench and collect his massive wages

Slevs

likes to play with penises
If I'm Bale I'd ask for a payrise to move to a new club (to harden negotiations) just to spite Madrid. They're treating him like cattle.

Adisa

So is Bale to be honest. Happy to sit on the bench and collect his massive wages
How?
He has a contract. Why should he accept a penny less elsewhere? He will leave if Madrid pay up.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
"If" is a condition, it's kind of the key of the sentence.
What's relative for a player on £600k? A third of that is relatively peanuts compared to what he's on; it's still way, way too much for someone who will play about 10 games, if you're lucky.

I have zero faith in the guy's fitness. Modern day Darren Anderton. Pay as you play is the only way it's a good deal for us, otherwise it's a free for all on how much we get rinsed by and made to be a foil for Madrid in their pursuit of players that will improve them, inclusive of one troubled French man who is with us right now.

Non!

Cassidy

How?
He has a contract. Why should he accept a penny less elsewhere? He will leave if Madrid pay up.
And so how is the manager a twat by insisting to the player that he is not required and its better if he leaves.

He should accept less elsewhere (which he will be if he is leaving) because he is not a 650 per week player. Its quite simple

He doesnt have to but if Zidane is looking like a twat by being firm about him not being needed then he is looking like a twat saying hes happy to play golf and collect his wages.

redshaw

Strong words by Zidane

Think he'd get picked after the deadline if he stayed but the only thing in Madrid's favour is Bale wanting to stay match fit for Wales.

Madrid might have to pay up half of his deal while his new club pays the other half. He'd be good for Bayern's off the pitch exposure, same with Spurs but I just don't see Spurs going for it. Perhaps a US side and he can play some great golf courses while there. With PSG's new stance and Leonardo it would seem they wouldn't be interested. Middle east and China I doubt are on the top of Bale's list.

Just hope Woody doesn't get Ole a surprise gift

Castia

Crazy how they’re treating him like shit, he’s been a big part in their recent success.

I’d love him on loan.

JPRouve

Scout
What's relative for a player on £600k? A third of that is relatively peanuts compared to what he's on; it's still way, way too much for someone who will play about 10 games, if you're lucky.

I have zero faith in the guy's fitness. Modern day Darren Anderton. Pay as you play is the only way it's a good deal for us, otherwise it's a free for all on how much we get rinsed by and made to be a foil for Madrid in their pursuit of players that will improve them, inclusive of one troubled French man who is with us right now.

Non!
A loan structured like the one Bayern had with James Rodriguez would be relatively cheap.

Irrational.

Bale's been treated awfully by Real. Just cast aside like yesterday's trash. He's been incredibly loyal to them, never spoke badly of them through the media, never asked to leave. A lesson for all who move there.

I have a feeling the same will happen to Hazard in 1-2 seasons.

::sonny::

Crazy how they’re treating him like shit, he’s been a big part in their recent success.

I’d love him on loan.
Free loan, with them paying his wage wouldn’t be bad

I refuse to think he can be worse than Lingard

JPRouve

Scout
Bale's been treated awfully by Real. Just cast aside like yesterday's trash. He's been incredibly loyal to them, never spoke badly of them through the media, never asked to leave. A lesson for all who move there.

I have a feeling the same will happen to Hazard in 1-2 seasons.
It's not actually special. Players are treating like that in almost all the clubs and fans generally don't give a damn when it's their own club, we have a deadwood thread that pops up every 6 months and people demanding ruthlessness.

Fener1907

Ruthless Real. Clown show at times but they invariably do get around to sorting things out and steer the ship back on course.

Perfect club for a glory hunter.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I have zero sympathy, it's not the first time they have done shit like this but players still queue up to join that shower of bastards.

I’d love him on loan
Does he fit our new style though? Ole wants young players that can run and press high up the pitch. Does Bale have the legs for this?

BiggusCrickus

Please... Don't do it Woodward. It would be like getting sanchez all over again.

A fit and flying Bale on the right side yes but that a good 5 years ago. He won't ever be that again

UpWithRivers

Must be going to Bayern. They havnt managed to secure Sane and Real will probably give them a good deal.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

I’d love him on loan.
They are paying him a vast wage - If that is getting treated like shit then I hope my employer starts treating me like shit.

settembrini

If Madrid successfuly get Bale off their books then that is a huge win for them no matter how distasteful some people find their way of doing it.

If we could get somehow get someone to take Sanchez off our hands and all it took was Solskjaer saying publicly that he wanted him to leave I'd be delighted.

Just hope we aren't the sucker that Madrid have lined up.

Adisa

And so how is the manager a twat by insisting to the player that he is not required and its better if he leaves.

He should accept less elsewhere (which he will be if he is leaving) because he is not a 650 per week player. Its quite simple

He doesnt have to but if Zidane is looking like a twat by being firm about him not being needed then he is looking like a twat saying hes happy to play golf and collect his wages.
Zidane has every right tell him to leave but I think there are better ways of doing it than saying "it's better of he leaves tomorrow" in front of the press.
Also Bale has a contract that guarantees him ~€600,000 for the next 2/3 years. It doesn't matter what he's worth. He has every right not to accept anything less.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I don't understand why they paid him so much. There is not another club in the world paying those wages to anyone save Ronaldo, Messi and neymar. If they paid him at a level where a few clubs might offer wage parity, he'd still choose Madrid over them.

Godfather

Who cares how they treat him. He had to chance to piss off so many times but refused to.

Adisa

I don't understand why they paid him so much. There is not another club in the world paying those wages to anyone save Ronaldo, Messi and neymar. If they paid him at a level where a few clubs might offer wage parity, he'd still choose Madrid over them.
We must have offered him obscene wages as well.