What qualities do you want in our next manager?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
For me, its some kind of coherent, maybe even obvious, style of play. But not LVG boreball. Pressing, movement etc. Some kind of system which doesn't solely rely on luck/fouls/moments of brilliance.

Can't say I fancy Poch as I don't think he has such a blend. Neither does Ole.

What say you?

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Winning is important of course but honestly I just want us to play exciting football. I’m sick to death of not enjoying watching United. Games shouldn’t be a chore, they should be a pleasure

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I want one of those unhinged lunatics who goes absolutely mental on the sidelines, just for a laugh. A Klopp or a Conte type.

LvG and Mourinho seemed to have a reputation for being a bit wild on the touchlines, but by the time we got a hold of them, they were rather passive and calm.

If he's not grabbing his bollocks when we score a goal a la Diego Simeone, then what's the point?

If the team isn't going to entertain us, then at least let the manager chokeslam a 4th official or something.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I want a mixture of SAF, Mourinho (2003-2010) and Guardiola!

Libano

Someone who turns United into a pressing machine, who can switch between possession football and sitting back and countering if the need arises. Someone who lifts the level of each player.

Basically Hansi Flick's twin brother.

Eddy_JukeZ

Someone who turns us into one of the best pressing teams on the planet and one of the best possession teams on the planet.

Literally all I've wanted to see for years.

Superunknown

Somebody who improves our players. Whether that is a player that has come up through our academy, or a transfer from another club. I want a manager who can coach these players into reaching new heights and to improve the quality of the football being played.

I also want a manager who isn't afraid to make changes as and when they need making. No waiting until a pre-set time has been reached on the clock. If a change needs to be made at half-time, then it's made there. If a player isn't having a good game, then they're hooked. Somebody dynamic enough to recognise that a certain area of the field is a problem, and to then do something to fix that problem.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
Someone charismatic who the player trust and respect and with a clear direction in terms of strategy and philosophy.

And definitely a coach who can implement a controlled pressing and possession game. If you look at the top teams, they all play pressing to a degree. Bayern, City, Liverpool, PSG for example. They all have coaches who are known for pressing. To me this is also the most attractive style to watch. Longterm this should be United´s standard. Succesful and attractive football. Long way to go though..

dinostar77

Happy to give Ole more time. If he was sacked then I'd like Poch over Allegri or someone like that. Poch works well with young players. Like his high press and attacking football he played at Spurs.

For a never would ever ever happen but would be amazing to watch, Biesla for a few seasons. That would be nuts.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Just someone who can give us an identifiable winning playstyle and improve nearly all the players.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
  • More flexible with tactics
  • Ability to maintain purple patches over longer periods
  • Better attacking play
  • Fewer slumps from our best players
I'm an Ole in person for what it's worth.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Patterns of play
Correctly timed substitutes
Not being pally with players
Not a United legend
No iPad allowed in dugout

something like that

Amerifan

His number one ability better be tolerance of so-called “fans” who want to sack him from the day he’s appointed.

Glideman

One loss in 16 and people are thinking of the next manager, christ

pixel

Anyone who doesn't think his only job is to tell the players to go out and play with a smile.

Revan

Assumptionman
First and foremost, to be a good coach who coaches the players to reach their best.

Revan

Assumptionman
Happy to give Ole more time. If he was sacked then I'd like Poch over Allegri or someone like that. Poch works well with young players. Like his high press and attacking football he played at Spurs.

For a never would ever ever happen but would be amazing to watch, Biesla for a few seasons. That would be nuts.
Would love Bielsa here too. Actually, wanted him after Moyes. He is a more insane version of Van Gaal, but less boring than Van Gaal.

Considering that our players haven't been coached since 2016, would be nice to have a good coach.