What to do with ransomware attacks?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
True. Damn never thought of them. I was seeing a doctor in the HSE years ago for something, i wont say what, but luckily it would not matter if everyone knew. Thank god.

Are you a GP? With your own practise? Can i ask you some questions if you are.
Nope. Not a GP. Never had my own practice but did do a two month stint as a locum GP about 20 years ago. Only one patient tried to sue me.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Nope. Not a GP. Never had my own practice but did do a two month stint as a locum GP about 20 years ago. Only one patient tried to sue me.
Oh ok. I was just wondering what private GPs do about potential ransomware attacks like this. Do they have their own internet security?

My GP is a lovely man, but i was in one day and his secretaries macbook was just left in full view with no secretary to be found. Anyone could have just come in and taken it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Oh ok. I was just wondering what private GPs do about potential ransomware attacks like this. Do they have their own internet security?

My GP is a lovely man, but i was in one day and his secretaries macbook was just left in full view with no secretary to be found. Anyone could have just come in and taken it.
I think they have their own security. All the GPs I know were able to keep using their usual software. Just to avoid trying to access any HSE databases.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think they have their own security. All the GPs I know were able to keep using their usual software. Just to avoid trying to access any HSE databases.
It must be so worrying for some people though. Imagine if one were HIV positive. Or if they had a serious psychiatric illness like schizophrenia.