What was your favourite United shirt sponsor?

Vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

forevrared

Probably Sharp or Vodafone. Sharp was the cleanest IMO, but I really enjoyed some of the Vodafone shirts. At the end of the day it's probably childhood nostalgia, but almost anything would be better than Chevrolet.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Can't choose between Sharp, Vodafone or AIG.

Sharp was just so iconic in many ways with United dominating the 90's and everything.
Vodafone just seemed to go well with kits down to a T.
And AIG also looked well suited to the kits.

0le

Note sure I have a favorite because I think some are very similar, but if pushed I'd say Sharp, for the nostalgia. I do not however like the bright gold logo of Chevrolet.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Sharp, by miles.

The Sharp adidas kits are the best we've ever had (during the commercial age), too.

Fridge chutney

I liked clean shirts before logos but if I had to choose one it would be Sharp for sure. We won the treble in Sharp.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If you’re younger than 30 = AIG older = sharp

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
First TV bought by my own money - Sharp.

Year of Sharp sponsoring United for the first time - born same year.

Lee Sharpe and list goes on & on, so it has to be AON because of white text.

prateik

Knew the answer was going to be Sharp before I clicked the thread.. Easy winner there.. first, a lot of great memories and not too shabby looking either.

I really liked the vodafone too.. that black one.. first one I owned.

And AIG from 2006-07 .. again. Fantastic memories.. everything about it was great.. the united logo sewed on looked amazing too.

Fridge chutney

The advertising on this website is hilarious.

On this thread im getting adverts for sharp knives.

Cloud7

I genuinely like the Chevy logo. Gold is one of my favourite colours and I love seeing the gold logo on our shirts. I’ll probably be the only person in this thread saying that that one is my favourite :lol:

Deleted member 101472

Didn’t really think much of sharp to be honest, it had no logo and was literally just the letters SHARP in times new Roman size 36. The longer you stare at the tops with sharp on it, the weirder it looks.

Vodafone was simple and has the logo to go with it.

Web of Bissaka

1. Sharp, the best one by far, no contest really -- meaning fits United the most, cool simple logo, have the classic look and strong historical mark with this kits but tbh plenty of the kits are over designed but that's mostly because of Umbro and then Adidas. Idk, the many designed features are just too messy for me, simpler design is the best. Nevertheless, many iconic designed kits from this.

---

2. Chevrolet, not because of the horrible humongous logo, but more so because of the designs by Adidas and Nike -- many kits are just awesome, and modern look. Some kits also have themes, creatively done. Now if they could idk edit the size of that logo symbol or just the name Chevrolet suffice without the off-putting headlight/whatever that "+" is.

*2nd and 3rd is very close to each other.*

3. Vodafone, unique cool logo, and the kit design also embodied that uniqueness. After the classic Sharp of the 1990s, this newer modernize techno look of early 2000s is a nice signal change towards a newer generation of United -- RVN, Ronaldo, Rooney, etc. The black vodafone kit is just awesome. Potential, could have been better.

---

4. Aon, back to simple logo, nice and look sweet.... yet ruined horribly by terrible kit design by Nike, what the hell did their team were thinking with that dreadful tablecloth. Other design is just nice and neat, nothing special.

5. AIG, shit logo. Annoying rectangular box, if only they could remove that terrible feature. Most of kits designs are pale and boring, except two which is my most fav kits --the home red and away black kits Season 2007/8 with "tails" at the back. Ronaldo's best season.

meamth

I genuinely like the Chevy logo. Gold is one of my favourite colours and I love seeing the gold logo on our shirts. I’ll probably be the only person in this thread saying that that one is my favourite :lol:
Same here, Chevy logo makes the kit more exclusive for me.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
AIG - my favourite strip 07/08 season home and away, with the stripe going down the back

Revaulx

Same here, Chevy logo makes the kit more exclusive for me.
I think it looks really nice on blue, ok on black, too showy on white and terrible on red.

@Rifer is spot on about Aon. Their logo would get a lot more love had it not been displayed on a series of terrible shirts.

Revaulx

Didn’t really think much of sharp to be honest, it had no logo and was literally just the letters SHARP in times new Roman size 36. The longer you stare at the tops with sharp on it, the weirder it looks.

Vodafone was simple and has the logo to go with it.
Pretty certain Sharp wasn’t Times, which is a serif typeface. Helvetica possibly?

You’re right about it being dull though.

meamth

I think it looks really nice on blue, ok on black, too showy on white and terrible on red.

@Rifer is spot on about Aon. Their logo would get a lot more love had it not been displayed on a series of terrible shirts.
Perhaps if they make it all white chevy logo that could make it more sleek. I guess.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
AIG had the nicest kits but was a horrendously ugly sponsor. Aon was pretty nice looking but the corresponding shirts were forgettable - really like our training shirts though.

Vodafone was my favorite, followed by Sharp.

Chevy is an abomination (and this is coming from someone who actually likes the brand and the cars).

klsv

Sharp and Vodafone for me.

What does Sharp do these days anyway? Haven't seen anything by them in stores for ages.

Devil81

Sharp was the sponsor from my youth, so that's the first that springs to mind.

Pass and Move

Sharp, but really it doesn't matter.

What we should focus on is getting collars back on the shirts. Ones that can stand up.

Fracture90

No pun intended but Sharp always looked Sharp, though Vodafone is a great shout as many have said as well.