What would be the perfect Transfer Window for our rebuild?

Bestietom

I would expect Antony, and Eriksen will sign. Hoping for De Jong, and Torres, also.
Timber next season or maybe after WC in January.

worldinmotion66

I felt the work rate was there, potentially, but to no purpose. I'm not going to be convinced that Man Utd aren't producing fit enough players, they just had no idea how to use their fitness collectively to defend or attack!
I think fitness and work rate are two very different things. We had too many players that didn't take responsibility last season, some of the players gave up far too easily. But I also think confidence was at an all time low and that has the biggest effect on top level sportsman.

fps

I would expect Antony, and Eriksen will sign. Hoping for De Jong, and Torres, also.
Timber next season or maybe after WC in January.
I'd love those 4, a good injection of new blood and good vibes is needed. One or two arrivals only and I think they'll get quickly bogged down in the gloom.

Avero

In - Jasper Cillessen (10m), Tyrell Malacia (20m), Jonny Evans (5m), Frenkie de Jong (75m), Fabián Ruiz (30m), Christian Eriksen (free), Antony (45m)

Out - Alex Telles (15m), Eric Bailly (8m), Phil Jones (7m), Nemanja Matic (free), Paul Pogba (free), Andreas Pereira (7.5m), Juan Mata (free), Jesse Lingard (free), Edinson Cavani (free)

Loan - Henderson, Laird, Mengi, Tuanzebe, Garner, Hannibal, Garnacho, Chong, Pellistri, Diallo, Shoretire

Net spend ~147.5 million

------------------------- Ronaldo
------- Sancho ---------------------- Antony
-------------------------- Bruno
------------------ Fred ------- de Jong
--- Shaw -------------------------------------- AWB
--------------- Maguire ------ Varane

------------------------- De Gea

Squad players - Cillessen, Malacia, Williams, Dalot, Evans, Lindelof, McTominay, Fabián, Van de Beek, Eriksen, Elanga, Rashford, Martial

I would say our transfer budget is spent with the signings above and right now there just doesn't seem to be value in the market for a starting right back, so we need to keep Wan-Bissaka and Dalot for another year. They are both young, have been poor lately and can pretty much only improve under ETH and increase their value by next summer. We would probably be better off not prioritizing a centre back right now. I don't think we have money for a new striker to replace Martial either.

Next summer we would bring in a CB (Torres/Martinez/De Ligt), a right back (Lamptey or Llorente perhaps), another left footed winger (Kulusevski maybe), a young striker and hopefully Lewandowski on a free transfer.

What do you think?

worldinmotion66

In - Jasper Cillessen (10m), Tyrell Malacia (20m), Jonny Evans (5m), Frenkie de Jong (75m), Fabián Ruiz (30m), Christian Eriksen (free), Antony (45m)

Out - Alex Telles (15m), Eric Bailly (8m), Phil Jones (7m), Nemanja Matic (free), Paul Pogba (free), Andreas Pereira (7.5m), Juan Mata (free), Jesse Lingard (free), Edinson Cavani (free)

Loan - Henderson, Laird, Mengi, Tuanzebe, Garner, Hannibal, Garnacho, Chong, Pellistri, Diallo, Shoretire

Net spend ~147.5 million

Squad players - Cillessen, Malacia, Williams, Dalot, Evans, Lindelof, McTominay, Fabián, Van de Beek, Eriksen, Elanga, Rashford, Martial

I would say our transfer budget is spent with the signings above and right now there just doesn't seem to be value in the market for a starting right back, so we need to keep Wan-Bissaka and Dalot for another year. They are both young, have been poor lately and can pretty much only improve under ETH and increase their value by next summer. We would probably be better off not prioritizing a centre back right now. I don't think we have money for a new striker to replace Martial either.

Next summer we would bring in a CB (Torres/Martinez/De Ligt), a right back (Lamptey or Llorente perhaps), another left footed winger (Kulusevski maybe), a young striker and hopefully Lewandowski on a free transfer.

What do you think?
I can't see Eriksen signing just to sit on the bench. If he signs, I think Bruno will be shifted out wide or play in a three with Eriksen against sides that we expect to dominate.

Avero

I can't see Eriksen signing just to sit on the bench. If he signs, I think Bruno will be shifted out wide or play in a three with Eriksen against sides that we expect to dominate.
Yeah, nothing wrong with rotating the starting eleven and playing different formations. I think we would have some interesting possibilities with this group of midfielders.

------------------------ Rashford
--------- Bruno ---------------------- Antony
--------------------- Van de Beek
-------------- Fabián --------- de Jong
Malacia -------------------------------------- Dalot
--------------- Maguire ------ Evans

------------------------ Cillessen

-------------------------- Ronaldo
----- Rashford -------------------------- Sancho
-------------------- Bruno ---- Eriksen
-- Shaw ------------- Lindelof --------------- AWB

-------------------------- De Gea

-------- Martial -- Ronaldo -- Sancho

------------- Bruno -- Fred -- Eriksen

--- Shaw --- Varane --- Lindelof --- AWB

----------------------- Cillessen

------- Sancho -- Ronaldo -- Antony

----------- Fabián -- MCT -- de Jong

--- Shaw --- Evans --- Varane --- AWB

----------------------- De Gea

Last edited:

kps88

I can't believe we aren't being heavily linked to any strikers considering we've lost Cavani and Greenwood. Going into the season hoping Martial and Rashford come good is a huge/silly risk.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
I can't believe we aren't being heavily linked to any strikers considering we've lost Cavani and Greenwood. Going into the season hoping Martial and Rashford come good is a huge/silly risk.
Wich strikers are still out there which are good enough and available in your opinion? I can’t name any.

croadyman

Lack of quality options is playing a part, has been talk of this Osmihen but big price tag and Scamacca seems unknown quantity.

M4nu4Life

Jones, Bailey, Martial all gone.

De Jong in, plus one more mid.

Need to clear deadwood to let us improve

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Might just be me, but getting a decent fee for Ronaldo would feel like great future planning.

Kag

My view hasn’t changed. We need a right back, centre half, two midfielders and an attacking player who can add to the goals tally. Anything other than that is negligence.

We’re probably going to need another back up goalkeeper, too.

June is almost over.

croadyman

My view hasn’t changed. We need a right back, centre half, two midfielders and an attacking player who can add to the goals tally. Anything other than that is negligence.

We’re probably going to need another back up goalkeeper, too.

June is almost over.
Would agree with all apart from CB, genuinely think a better quality midfield in front of our CB's will make a real difference

Kag

Would agree with all apart from CB, genuinely think a better quality midfield in front of our CB's will make a real difference
So do I, but Bailly and Jones need shifting and Tuanzebe really needs to go and make a career for himself elsewhere.

We need a left sided centre half to give us more options and push Varane, Lindelof and Maguire.

croadyman

So do I, but Bailly and Jones need shifting and Tuanzebe really needs to go and make a career for himself elsewhere.

We need a left sided centre half to give us more options and push Varane, Lindelof and Maguire.
Who would you sign?

Volksie316

Striking reinforcements are massively needed, even with Ronaldo staying.

If he leaves, then we have a huge problem.

Monger

De Jong, Rice, Eriksen

I really believe these 3 signings alone would transform our team. We can fix everything else in the next windows.

Rice positioning in midfield would make life so much easier for our defence while De jong and eriksen would get our attack functioning for once.

croadyman

Jonathan David, Hugo Ekitike, Victor Osimhen , Alexander Isak, Saša Kalajdžić.

Those are options.
Ah yes forgot about David and sounds like Ekitike to Newcastle has broken down so maybe we should step in

I saw bits of Isak for Sweden in the euros but certainly don't follow his progress, in regards to Osmihen hasn't he got a proper high price tag.

EtH

I have seen that guy mentioned on here before
Serious young talent. Shown in the CL. He is also the perfect profile of player to come in and learn from and rotate with Ronaldo.

Fridge chutney

If we sign de jong and anthony, and Eriksen joins to add a bit of experience and depth, bringing in a CB and perhaps RB would be a good window.

It is unfortunately going to be a multi-year rebuild.

NoPace

Jonathan David, Hugo Ekitike, Victor Osimhen , Alexander Isak, Saša Kalajdžić.

Those are options.
I don't think Isak is a great fit for a possession heavy side, seems better on the counter.

David would be interesting. We'd have some actual pressing up top and he sort of has the same quality VDB showed in Ajax where he ends up unmarked in the box more than you'd expect.

Brereton Diaz has been linked to Lyon and Frankfurt. Haven't seen much, but he does seem to be pretty good against a low block, which we need more than pure pace, and he'd be cheap enough to be a backup 9 to Cristiano and then an expensive replacement next year.

croadyman

I don't think Isak is a great fit for a possession heavy side, seems better on the counter.

David would be interesting. We'd have some actual pressing up top and he sort of has the same quality VDB showed in Ajax where he ends up unmarked in the box more than you'd expect.

Brereton Diaz has been linked to Lyon and Frankfurt. Haven't seen much, but he does seem to be pretty good against a low block, which we need more than pure pace, and he'd be cheap enough to be a backup 9 to Cristiano and then an expensive replacement next year.
Yeah backup to Ronny this summer would be ideal then go big for someone to replace next summer.

croadyman

If we sign de jong and anthony, and Eriksen joins to add a bit of experience and depth, bringing in a CB and perhaps RB would be a good window.

It is unfortunately going to be a multi-year rebuild.
Seen a few names touted for CB but RB has been very quiet on the targets front

Fridge chutney

Seen a few names touted for CB but RB has been very quiet on the targets front
Yeah i haven't been following too closely but we are having a bit of a slow start to this transfer window so far. Hopefully it picks up soon.

Irwin99

Maybe Ralf's suggestions have all been dismissed (for good reason or not let's not get into that) but i do think he was right to suggest the team needs more physicality. This is one of the weakest United sides i've ever seen in terms of workrate and aggression. I kind of hope we get someone combative who can play alongside De Jong.

Woziak

Perfect Window :
Stage 1
The Glaziers sell the club in the next two weeks and Jim Radcliffe takes over with a £200M net budget straight away

Stage 2
Incoming ;
CM - N D Jong £68m
CM - C Eriksen Free
RW - Antony £60M
RB - Dumfries £30M
CDM - Ngolo Kante £25M
CFW - J Felix £100M
Total - 283M

Stage 3
Outgoings;
A Pereira -10M
A Martial - 20M
AWB -20M
P Jones -5M
E Baily - 15M
B Williams -10M
Total - 80M
Obviously this is never ever going to happen but a man can dream !

ole@thewheel

I don't think we will go for a central striker this summer. However I can see us going seriously after Antony after FDJ deal is done. If Ericssen is a serious deal, that means that VDB has no place in this UTD team, therefore I can see him moving in the other direction.

I can also see Baily being utilized to lower Torres' fee from Villarreal. Hopefully that can be sealed within £30-40m margin.

My worry is that we don't have clear ideas (and budget) to address two other key areas, DM and RB.

Especially DM is crucial, even if we sign FDJ and Ericssen, as we dont have anybody to operate in that position.

If I have a crystal ball, I would predict that United will try a blockbuster Rice deal later this transfer season and fail, leaving us without a DM at the start of the season.

I don't think we will go with another LB or RB without selling, and I don't see that happening.

I can also see us trying to offload Martial and Jones without success.

Summary:
in:
FDJ £68m
Antony £45m
Ericssen Free
Torres £35m+Bailly

Out:
VDB £15m Ajax
Bailly p/ex - Villarreal

Net spend: £133m

Bojan Djordjic

Perfect Window :
Stage 1
The Glaziers sell the club in the next two weeks and Jim Radcliffe takes over with a £200M net budget straight away

Stage 2
Incoming ;
CM - N D Jong £68m
Not sure Nigel will come with his City affiliations.

Dannn411

Perfect window is a window that addresses all major needs. That would mean we signed a CM, DM, RW, RB, LB, LCB and CF.

Avero

Serious young talent. Shown in the CL. He is also the perfect profile of player to come in and learn from and rotate with Ronaldo.
Charles De Ketelaere seems to be more of a secondary striker/winger/midfielder?

Erik the Red

5D transfer window....

We have now signed Malacia, and it looks like Eriksen is coming in on a free, but how about we sign the following five players.

Dumfries 25m
De Ligt 60m +
De Jong 60m +
Dembele free
Dybala free

All have been linked to a greater or lesser degree, and would solve most ot our squad's greatest weaknesses.

De Gea
Dumfries, de Ligt, Varane, Malacia
De Jong, Eriksen
Dembele, Fernandes, Sancho
Dybala

I think this team would play like a Ten Hag team, and on paper at least should be competitive, although we would still lack strength in depth. Would fans be happy with this transfer business?