What would you rather win? FA Cup? Or EL?

What would you rather win?

• FA Cup

Votes: 131 40.9%
  • Europa League

Votes: 189 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tap

If top 4 is safe, FA cup to make sure we stop a Citeh trebble
Good point. I originally selected EL as it would be nice for the club to win more European trophies.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Random PL/Championship + Brighton + City
Or
Barca + Juve/Roma + Sevilla + Betis

The second is more glamorous and exciting, and gets CL.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Top four is not safe by any means given we still have to go to Brighton and Spurs so I'd go with my head and say EL as that guarantees CL next season. (my heart says FA Cup becuase it's a domestic competition and has all the history that goes with it and Arsenal are, at the moment, the most successful club in that history)

Ole'sattheWheel

FA Cup would be nice to stop City doing the treble. Not won it for awhile and is the best English cup competition. Being in europa feels dirty

TheLord

FA cup is a tier-1 competitive cup.

Europa is a tier-2 club for clubs that have either failed to qualify for the main Cup or for those who've failed to progress to the latter stages of the main Cup. The only reason it is even talked about is because winners get an automatic entry into the main Cup the following year.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
FA Cup. This City team looks invincible right now. It would be nice to prove it isn’t.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Very little between those, I think we have only a few Europe trophies so would rather win EL. Also, we've already won domestic cup so that also plays a role.

I think we can win Europa League if Rashford, Varane and Garnacho are back. I don't think we are likely to win FA cup.

Dr Foo

Surely a European trophy is bigger than domestic cup? Putting aside the stopping City narrative (empty club anyways).

We need to boost our European pedigree more, it puts us in seed 1 of CL, and a chance to win the Super Cup

Oaencha

This shouldn’t be a question.
Champions League every day, night and beyond.

World Game

FA cup is a first division trophy. Winning it would mean beating City in a final. EL is second division. Winning it is like coming 17th in Europe.

LUC1f3R

Winning Europa will put us in Pot 1 for next year's CL. I will take that.

68cob

If the question was which trophy do I generally prefer, then FA Cup easily, but there is something more riding on both, as stated in other replies. If top 4 was unlikely then I'd want the EL more, but beating City in the final would be special.

davidmichael

If it was a choice between the FA Cup and the Champions League then I’d go with the European trophy but for me Europa is a second tier regardless of the teams we’ve beat/would beat to win it this year so I’d go with the FA Cup, we’d most likely play City in the final should we get there so that sways it even more for me.

9 Stone Elvis

FA Cup by miles.

Means we will probably have beaten City in a final, and possibly denied them the treble. Also if we are knocked out of Europe on Thursday it means a couple of midweeks off for rest for the top 4 bid.

If it was just a choice between the trophies id take Europe but there is more to it than that.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
FA Cup by miles.

Means we will probably have beaten City in a final, and possibly denied them the treble. Also if we are knocked out of Europe on Thursday it means a couple of midweeks off for rest for the top 4 bid.

If it was just a choice between the trophies id take Europe but there is more to it than that.
Covering all the bases, heh?

Sir Erik ten Hag

And here’s the important bit. Make your decision on the basis that we will compete in next season’s CL regardless.

FA Cup for me. Always had a soft spot for it and been way too long since we last won it. Plus winning a cup competition with this City team in the last four would be a hell of an achievement.
EL for me. We have never won that European Super Cup.
Beating Real Madrid to start our next season would bring on the proper message as well.

McTerminator

FA Cup prevents the treble and we can still get Europe through top 4.

Think big picture folks.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Both would very great for different reasons.

Stopping the divs from winning The Treble would be amazing though.

lysglimt

Scout
FA Cup - because if we beat Brighton and City - that would mean our form will have been so good that we will get top-4 in between

J2J

FA Cup

- Would most likely be against City (potentially stop them winning the treble too)
- Domestic double
- Last game of the season so end on a high

The Europa league was fun when we had never won it before, but lets be honest the only reason we are in it is because we weren't good enough to get into the CL.

Chipper

Adulterer.
FA Cup. Nothing to do with stopping City, I'd just rather win it as a trophy.

When I was a kid it was the biggest day of the football season and it's still a nice event for me even though it's nowhere near that status now. Still, it's better than Europa League final night by a long shot.

If we weren't getting CL any other way the I'd take the prgmatic approach and pick the Europa.

Sgreddevil

FA Cup if we have secured top 4. Can't stand the sight of watching City winning a treble of trophies with hat trick of PL titles. Too much to bear.

EL if we can't get top 4 and qualify for CL which is critical in us attracting better reinforcements to put up a decent challenge next season.