What's your darkest moment as a United fan?

Scottynaldinho

These threads are often made after a loss and are a knee-jerk reaction. I was just thinking back on a few bad decisions by the club.

For me, it was the appointment of Ralf Rangnick. I remember caf getting giddy and ready to jump on you as soon as you doubt that man's credentials. There wasn't even a new manager bounce with this lad.

Last edited:

TrueRed79

The day the Glazers bought the club. Not one single person i know wanted them here. Nothing else comes close.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Already some absolutely absurd answers in this thread.

Fr. Todd Unctious

Each in their own way

Moyes appointment (exteremly underwhelming, did give him a chance but ended like I expected it would)

7-0 to the Dippers

Glazers being allowed to takeover the club in the manner they did

space

2-2 vs Fulham - this broke me under Moyes and was by far the lowest I felt as a United fan

7-0 vs Liverpool (this was painful because I was having a really bad day already, however I never once thought we should get rid of ETH and after I saw the highlights and how the goals went in it wasn't as bad as I thought) - still hurts though

----

Before this was the Nani red card on SAF's last season (oh how spoilt I was growing up)

siw2007

Though not directly linked to the club, the Aguero goal.

Other than that, I think the 5-0 drubbing by Liverpool at Old Trafford was really tough to take.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Leicester 4-2 a few seasons back. Not so much that game in particular, but where it confirmed we'd sunk to. That felt pretty hopeless.

7-0 is the obvious worst result but I probably felt the most angry after that 2-1 second leg defeat v Sevilla in 17/18.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
When the Glazers sold Ronaldo and pocketed the money.That's when I realised what they were about and how fekked we were as a football club. Missing out on Klopp comes a close second but that was close to inevitable with Glazers in charge.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
1999 CL winner. We are still suffering from the aftermath of the sentimental decisions made on the back of that.

BuzzKillington

Possibly now for me. In the past I’ve always been fairly happy with the quality of the squad and felt it was a manager issue which could be resolved with a better one than the one we currently have and tinkering with a couple of positions.

At the moment im concerned with the direction of travel in terms of squad building and we don’t seem to have any money to fix the problem. We’re building a squad of triers but actual footballing ability seems to be taking a back seat. Plus the genuinely good players we have are getting into their latter years.

I’m also not sure where we go from EtH if he doesn’t manage to get this team to work. I feel like any other manager out there is going to be a variation on what we’ve already tried and which has failed miserably.

It’s starting to feel like we’re cursed.

All that aside, hopefully it really picks up over the next few weeks and everybody can point and laugh at my hysterical bed wetting.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Possibly now for me. In the past I’ve always been fairly happy with the quality of the squad and felt it was a manager issue which could be resolved with a better one than the one we currently have and tinkering with a couple of positions.

At the moment im concerned with the direction of travel in terms of squad building and we don’t seem to have any money to fix the problem. We’re building a squad of triers but actual footballing ability seems to be taking a back seat. Plus the genuinely good players we have are getting into their latter years.

I’m also not sure where we go from EtH if he doesn’t manage to get this team to work. I feel like any other manager out there is going to be a variation on what we’ve already tried and which has failed miserably.

It’s starting to feel like we’re cursed.

All that aside, hopefully it really picks up over the next few weeks and everybody can point and laugh at my hysterical bed wetting.
Good username TBF.

bringbackbebe

7-0 didn't pain me as much as the 5-0 trashing at OT. The first was an anamoly, an outlier in another wise decent season that can soon be forgotten. The 21-22 game just showed how far we'd fallen behind those who were very far behind us once. On top of that, I was installing Gentoo Linux on my laptop while watching that game. Pain compounded.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

That particular period when everyone and their dog can tell we've peaked under a manager and the only way is down, but we insist on them for reasons no one understands. It's madness that we had to endure the 13/14, 15/16, 18/19 and 21/22 seasons.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
5-0 at Old Trafford to Liverpool in the disaster season 21-22 was far worse than losing 7-0 away to them in a good season overall. People have tiny memories. They basically stopped playing after half time because it was already an embarrassment. At old Trafford.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

I was at the game, it was brutal. We actually played some great attacking football, but we looked like conceding every time we didn't have possession.

City would've won the title eventually, but this felt like the game that handed it to them and started it all off. We were singing Campiones at 3-1 and 4-2. Grim.

black country red

Relegation in 1974 but fortunately that was followed by the most wonderful season of my times following United

Reactions: Rood

ROFLUTION

Van Gaal's boring 0-0 first halves.

It was so mechanical and dire that I used to take a walk for the first 20 minutes of the game only to come back with no surprise whatsoever that it was still 0-0 and the ball was passed boringly around in midfield to death.

Oldyella

David fecking moyes was announced as Manchester United manager
Yup. We were losing Fergie and cracks were showing, but we still had a decent team and just needed a decent appointment to help us tick over for a year or two while we were still considered a force. Moyes put paid to that instantly.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
When there was a blackout when I was watching United vs Arsenal in my home Kazakhstan because my jealous neighbour who couldnt afford a TV destroyed a nearby utility pole with his tractor motor

quadrant

Collapsing in March and April during the 91-92 season to hand the title to Leeds. Honestly thought we'd win it for the first time in my lifetime, only to throw it away in a matter of weeks. Compounded by the Labour Party doing exactly the same thing in the 92 general election at the same time. Shittest April ever.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
It will be tomorrow if we miss out Cucurella. He's going to be world class for us. Up the devils!

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
The infighting that occurred after the Glazer takeover.

Red on red is never nice.

Collapsing in March and April during the 91-92 season to hand the title to Leeds. Honestly thought we'd win it for the first time in my lifetime, only to throw it away in a matter of weeks. Compounded by the Labour Party doing exactly the same thing in the 92 general election at the same time. Shittest April ever.
United are only ever at their best when there's a Labour Government.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Whole Solskjaer era. :nervous:
That feeling when you know that your destiny is battle for top 4 no matter how much you spend and who you buy.