When Gaddafi Tried To Buy Manchester United

Foxbatt

His son would also be on the bench and come on when we are 4-0 up and five minutes to go. He did own shares in an Italian club. Juventus I think it was.
He certainly won't tolerate someone like Woodward.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
His son would also be on the bench and come on when we are 4-0 up and five minutes to go. He did own shares in an Italian club. Juventus I think it was.
He certainly won't tolerate someone like Woodward.
The club was Perugia, and it was a wonderful spectacle:

Al-Saadi Gaddafi was the player, Canadian powerhouse Ben Johnson (Sprinter) as his personal trainer and none other than Diego Maradona emplyed as his technical consultant.

He made one substitute appearance and immediately failed a drug test.

By some weird miracle he also got 10 minutes for Udinese in a final match of the season against Cagliari.

He finished of the show by joining Sampdoria without actually getting to play.

The son of Gaddafi, was employed by 3 serie A clubs, even if it was a relatively short period.

SirAF

Ageist

Al-Saadi Gaddafi was the player, Canadian powerhouse Ben Johnson (Sprinter) as his personal trainer and none other than Diego Maradona emplyed as his technical consultant.

By some weird miracle he also got 10 minutes for Udinese in a final match of the season against Cagliari.

The son of Gaddafi, was employed by 3 serie A clubs, even if it was a relatively short period.
:lol:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

:lol:

With Ben Johnson and Diego Maradona in his corner, I'm shocked I tell you. Shocked!

RkkMan

We wouldn`t have been in a good place financially after he`d die me thinks. A lot of our funding would have been coming straight from Libya`s economy which took a huge nose dive when he got killed. I`m not sure we`d be as big a financial powerhouse in the long term

monosierra

So if he had bought United and then was deposed and killed in the Libyan Civil War, would we have been seized by the Government of National Accord? We'd probably have been sold off to another investor (Like the Glazers!) to raise funds for their civil war.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
We wouldn`t have been in a good place financially after he`d die me thinks. A lot of our funding would have been coming straight from Libya`s economy which took a huge nose dive when he got killed. I`m not sure we`d be as big a financial powerhouse in the long term
He wouldn't have been killed if he was the owner of manchester united.

RkkMan

He wouldn't have been killed if he was the owner of manchester united.
His ownership of Utd wouldn`t have affected how Libyan Politics were unraveling unfortunately. He was a head of state not just a wealthy businessman like Roman/Sheikh Mansour he wouldn`t have completely run away from the attention