When Glazer out day finally arrives.....

minh_loc_xoay

The glazers are crap with the ownership and investment into the club, but just changing them won't all of sudden rectify any success on the field. If the glazers go than Ole needs to go with them because Solskjaers managerial appointment embodies the reason as to why the owners are a huge failure in the first place.
Fine, if you want the Glazers out. But a change of ownership is no guarantee of success.
The epitome of madness is trying the same thing over and over again while expecting different results. This goes to Manchester United under the Glazers and Woodward's leadership.

Madzik_92

Fine, if you want the Glazers out. But a change of ownership is no guarantee of success.
If middle east takeover is done yes it will be a success. Why? Well first of all, arabians style is, if they want something they will make it happen, in this case, they surely wanted United to be top force again. They won't tolerate someone like Ed anymore handling football matters. Which we will see DOF appointed. And they won't care much about money as they have unlimited. Then we can find manager with potential such as Nagelsmann, Tuchel, Poch and give them players they want.

Water Melon

Careful what you wish for

Those that can afford 6 billions straight buyout without loans aren't angels the lot of them.
The Glazers leeches are not angels either. Saddled the club with the debt, kicked us off our perch, will sell with a huge profit, having invested sweet feck all. The biggest parasites in the history of this great club.

oreon

I agree whoever buy the clubs if Glazers sell might be worse. But that doesn't mean fans should continue to be this passive. We need to protest in stadium and boycott merchandise sales and demand serious change in how the club is ran. At some point you hope there would be a tipping point where enough is enough.

red thru&thru

My personal view on this is, theoretically, we don't need the Glazer's out. All we actually need them to do is get the correct people in for the football side of things. Remove ed from footballing side of things and leave him in charge of the commercial.

Glazer's need to go and get the best, like City did. I have a dream of getting in the guys from Red Bull, Rangnick and Mitchell. They have the experience with one of the best organisations in world sports. Let them set the foundations and the vision of the club, which is not too dissimilar from RB's.

But the problem we have is, Glazer's for some reason just do not want to get rid of Ed from the football operations, so they have to take the flack.

red thru&thru

I agree whoever buy the clubs if Glazer's sell might be worse. But that doesn't mean fans should continue to be this passive. We need to protest in stadium and boycott merchandise sales and demand serious change in how the club is ran. At some point you hope there would be a tipping point where enough is enough.
Agree. My enough is enough has been reached. Time for the board to change.

RedDevilRoshi

My personal view on this is, theoretically, we don't need the Glazer's out. All we actually need them to do is get the correct people in for the football side of things. Remove ed from footballing side of things and leave him in charge of the commercial.

Glazer's need to go and get the best, like City did. I have a dream of getting in the guys from Red Bull, Rangnick and Mitchell. They have the experience with one of the best organisations in world sports. Let them set the foundations and the vision of the club, which is not too dissimilar from RB's.

But the problem we have is, Glazer's for some reason just do not want to get rid of Ed from the football operations, so they have to take the flack.

Woodward is making the Glazers bucketloads of money, so why would they want to get rid of him? They have no intention of doing this. He’s doing what they want him to do. Let’s not forget Woodward helped the Glazers buy the club in the 1st place over a decade ago. When both SAF & Gill retired, the Glazers gave Woodward a promotion to become our new chief executive and look after not only the commercial side, but the footballing side too.

Manchester United, under the Glazers, is always going to be about money first and football 2nd. It’s seen as a commercial brand 1st, then a football club. Sad but it’s the present truth at this moment in time. If we weren’t piling in the money like we are and our business off the park was just as bad as it is on the park, you can bet your bottom dollar that is when the Glazers would step in and starting asking serious questions.

red thru&thru

Woodward is making the Glazers bucketloads of money, so why would they want to get rid of him? They have no intention of doing this. He’s doing what they want him to do. Let’s not forget Woodward helped the Glazers buy the club in the 1st place over a decade ago. When both SAF & Gill retired, the Glazers gave Woodward a promotion to become our new chief executive and look after not only the commercial side, but the footballing side too.

Manchester United, under the Glazers, is always going to be about money first and football 2nd. It’s seen as a commercial brand 1st, then a football club. Sad but it’s the present truth at this moment in time. If we weren’t piling in the money like we are and our business off the park was just as bad as it is on the park, you can bet your bottom dollar that is when the Glazers would step in and starting asking serious questions.
This is why I said the FOOTBALL side of things. So Glazer's need to start taking flack for our failure on the football side of things.

stevoc

Well this predictably turned into a Saudi thread very quickly.

RedDevilRoshi

This is why I said the FOOTBALL side of things. So Glazer's need to start taking flack for our failure on the football side of things.
The Glazers don’t give a monkeys about the footballing side. That’s been evident for a very long time. It’s all about the commercial side. Manchester United, under the Glazers, is always going to be about making money as it’s seen as a commercial brand first then a football club. Woodward is doing exactly that for them. Sad indeed, but it’s the truth. If the commercial side is doing really well, everything is going along just nicely and Woodward is doing a splendid job in their eyes. If it’s doing as bad or even worse than the footballing side, that is when they will step in and start questioning Woodward on WTF is going on. They don’t give a f*** if the footballing side is doing very badly. Never have and never will.

I really want the footballing side to be completely revamped and fixed just as much as you and every other Utd fan but I’ve unfortunately accepted the truth that it ain’t ever going to happen under the Glazers. Certainly should be taking a ton of flak for it but I doubt they really care. We’ve had Green & Gold LUHG, unfollow United, #GlazersOut etc but here we are and they ain’t batted an eyelid at these protests and most likely just laughed them off.

Johan07

How is this happening? Can you please elaborate on that. The Glazers do not take any dividends from United except the usual pennies per share that constitutes the 20-25m in dividends the club has been distributing since the IPO. Before that it was nothing.
Thats nothing money for a listed company valued at 4bn plus.,
Its like one of the worst yields ever for an investor in United. We dont make that much money and we practically dont distribute dividends.
We could though if we had not increased or wage bill with like 300m since the IPO. That money could have gone towards dividends instead.
Then I would have been upset.
Now posts like this is just ignorant and I should as a memo to myself stop replying to them.

red thru&thru

How is this happening? Can you please elaborate on that. The Glazers do not take any dividends from United except the usual pennies per share that constitutes the 20-25m in dividends the club has been distributing since the IPO. Before that it was nothing.
Thats nothing money for a listed company valued at 4bn plus.,
Its like one of the worst yields ever for an investor in United. We dont make that much money and we practically dont distribute dividends.
We could though if we had not increased or wage bill with like 300m since the IPO. That money could have gone towards dividends instead.
Then I would have been upset.
Now posts like this is just ignorant and I should as a memo to myself stop replying to them.
I suppose for us common supporters, we just don't therefore understand Glazer's reason of keeping hold of us, as things are at the moment? The club seems to be losing value. So why keep us?

Also, did not one of the sisters take out money and using the club as collateral?

Johan07

If it made is the best club in the world again I'd take it.

If Joshua/Ruiz and WWE can work with the Saudi's, why not us?
You just answered your own question.
I sincerely hope it never happens, because I would need to stop supporting United.
That said: I think sportswashing is on its way out.
I dont think PSG or Citys owners got what they wanted from their "investments".
There has been a huge backlash instead. What is has actually done is put focus on the atrocities going on in those countries. Which is good somehow I guess.
Same with the Qatar world cup and for example the Athletics going on in Doha now. But its still a disgrace, and hopefully it will die out.
Then we have posters like you. But thats your problem.

Last edited:

stevoc

If it made is the best club in the world again I'd take it.

If Joshua/Ruiz and WWE can work with the Saudi's, why not us?
I wouldn't.

I personally couldn't give a feck who boxing promoters and fake wrestling companies take money from, lets be honest neither group is a paragon of morality. And thats before pointing out the obvious difference that staging an event in Saudi Arabia is vastly different to being owned by them.

Johan07

I suppose for us common supporters, we just don't therefore understand Glazer's reason of keeping hold of us, as things are at the moment? The club seems to be losing value. So why keep us?

Also, did not one of the sisters take out money and using the club as collateral?
Because the Glazers is in it for the dollars. Anyone that thinks they are not in it for the money are naive. But neither would anyone else be, if not for a completely different reason like the Saudis. It would always be about the money.
If I would guess the Glazers sees their investment long-term. They see the potential of the US-market and the China-market and in a decade or so even the African market. The European market is kind of matured by now.
But they are looking for raising the asset value of the club. Not taking out dividends. Its where the big money is for them and why somehow their capital interest is very much aligned with the fans interest in success. Those two things go hand in hand.
And its true that one of the Glazers bailed out on her ownings. But that was Class Bs and since we dont know how their Shareholders Agreement looks like, its difficult to say.
I will say this though: its not good to have the ownership distributed between more owners than before.
Just because their last names might be Glazer it does not mean that they are a one thinking mind.
IMO at least.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Why? We're finished as a big club mate under these twats. What have we got to lose?

Bring on the Saudis. I don't care. Anything is better than watching us die a slow painful death.
You, 10 months ago:
I'd rather us not win another league title for next 10 years than get taken over by those lot.

We shouldn't even be taking their cash for minor deals as it is. We shouldn't be associated ourselves with such oppressive regimes when we don't really need to. City have no choice. The sheikh is everything to the club. We can stand on our feet.
Adorable.

red thru&thru

Because the Glazers is in it for the dollars. Anyone that thinks they are not in it for the money are naive. But neither would anyone else be, if not for a completely different reason like the Saudis. It would always be about the money.
If I would guess the Glazers sees their investment long-term. They see the potential of the US-market and the China-market and in a decade or so even the African market. The European market is kind of matured by now.
But they are looking for raising the asset value of the club. Not taking out dividends. Its where the big money is for them and why somehow their capital interest is very much aligned with the fans interest in success. Those two things go hand in hand.
And its true that one of the Glazers bailed out on her ownings. But that was Class Bs and since we dont know how their Shareholders Agreement looks like, its difficult to say.
I will say this though: its not good to have the ownership distributed between more owners than before.
Just because their last names might be Glazer it does not mean that they are a one thinking mind.
IMO at least.
And this is where I fail to understand them, their asset seems to be decreasing. Yes we know the are not footballing guys but they are intelligent enough to understand that on field success will lead to their asset increasing. Yes they have been very fortunate with these tv deals but they are starting to miss out on the big slice of pie by not being in the CL and then losing money from sponsors such as Adidas.

I said somewhere before, Glazer's need to bring in someone on the footballing side. Keep Ed for financials and bring in Edwin for the football side.

minh_loc_xoay

You, 10 months ago:

Adorable.
This is amusing. :D As fans, we should want the best for our club. We should want our club to play nice football and win trophies, not let our own moral perspective gets in the way of our support. That's what I think. So yeah, I'd welcome the Saudis if they indeed can run Manchester United properly (The way City's owners operate is really well-planned) and take our team back to the place we truly belong: The top echelon in Europe.

FIFA also stated that football should be completely unrelated to politics anyway. I will take that.

Johan07

And this is where I fail to understand them, their asset seems to be decreasing. Yes we know the are not footballing guys but they are intelligent enough to understand that on field success will lead to their asset increasing. Yes they have been very fortunate with these tv deals but they are starting to miss out on the big slice of pie by not being in the CL and then losing money from sponsors such as Adidas.

I said somewhere before, Glazer's need to bring in someone on the footballing side. Keep Ed for financials and bring in Edwin for the football side.
Yeah, thats a fair argument. A lot could be said about how we have been run on the footballing side the last couple of years. I wish people could keep to discussing that instead of accusing the Glazers of bleeding the club for money, when they actually could have made a hayday of that if they wanted to.

Rendezvous with Ronaldo

Supports
Hartlepool
There are literally tens of thousands of clubs infinitely worse off than you are under the Glazers. You think you're at rock bottom? That's cute, but it's apocalyptically wrong.

Fosu-Mens

Yeah, thats a fair argument. A lot could be said about how we have been run on the footballing side the last couple of years. I wish people could keep to discussing that instead of accusing the Glazers of bleeding the club for money, when they actually could have made a hayday of that if they wanted to.
If they started bleeding the club dry on a major scale while performing like s*** on the pitch, the fans would revolt, and this is not something that they want, given that the club is very focused on us having 1.1billion fans (which is a paid for bullshit number).
If the club performed well, the fans would likely be less against them taking more money out from the club.

red thru&thru

There are literally tens of thousands of clubs infinitely worse off than you are under the Glazers. You think you're at rock bottom? That's cute, but it's apocalyptically wrong.
We are only interested in comparing our club with ourselves. Our yard stick is top of European football. We are not there, hence our frustrations.

red thru&thru

This is why I have no problems with the Glazer's keeping hold of us, as any owner is going to be in for the profit. If Manchester United wasn't run as a profitable business, I'd be very concerned. However, the Glazer's have to replace the ever failing (football matters) Ed Woodward.

El-Manos

Better the devil you know than the devil you don’t. Not that i’m a fan of the Glazers by any means.

Rendezvous with Ronaldo

Supports
Hartlepool
We are only interested in comparing our club with ourselves. Our yard stick is top of European football. We are not there, hence our frustrations.
Then maybe compare your club with all of your history, and not just the Fergie/Busby eras, which make up less than 1/4 of it?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Edwin? What has he done lately? This is another bring ole the united legend all over again

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Say what you want about the Saudis but at least they would bring a no nonsense approach. Woodward, squad duds, rubbish coaches etc. would have been finished off ages ago.