g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Where can you buy offical Man Utd retro Shirts now?

9 Stone Elvis

Question as stated really. The official website used to have loads from throughout the PL era, I previously bought the 1992/93 home one with 7 on the back (score draw shirt I think) but they have long since disappeared. I notice a huge range on Kitbag.com for other clubs but United are conspicuous by their absence.

I know you can buy knock offs from various places but is there no longer an official line in retro shirts any more? Surprising if so!

In fact on reflection I also had the 1985 away shirt made by score draw too, no idea where that ended up.

9 Stone Elvis

Yes that's two and the adidas rip off. As I stated they used to have loads from the PL era. That is not loads from the PL era by any manner of means, that's all they have left compared to the huge range previously produced.

If I need to reword the question I will.

Have Score Draw lost the Licence to produce Man Utd replica retro shirts?
If so, does anyone else now produce the range?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
There's that website that I can't remember the name of that regularly changes it's name so it probably doesn't matter anyway.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Where can I buy this? Looks amazing.

9 Stone Elvis

Yeah I know where to get the "replica" ones that are not strictly legit and I can buy originals that are actually old and expensive but the Score Draw style replicas were a bit of a niche market. If you look on their website or on kitbag they make loads and used to make United ones but have stopped. They are obviously licensed products rather than knock offs. Im surprised United aren't involved in this market currently as I assume it pretty lucrative.

Josep Dowling

Where can I buy this? Looks amazing.
Adidas did a range of older kits when we first moved to them from Nike. Most have sold out.

If you want an original version from the 80s, good luck finding that! And if you did find one it will cost you over £250.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I'd love any of the 80s blue third shirts in an XL but I'm assuming I'd need a mortgage to buy one. I've occasionally browsed the classic sites and they only ever seem to get youth, small or a very rare medium and they go for hundreds. I don't even know if they made XL thinking about it, could even have stopped at large in those days although I've not seen any of them either in blue.

I think one of the problems with the shirts from that era is that the Sharp/Adidas logos or the United badge can peel off. I had one of the 1990-92 blue ones with the Adidas crests all over it as a child and it happened on that one, they look to be made of the same stuff.

Suppose it means if I did have one I could barely wear it/wash it.

Last edited:

mykelawrence

I posted this in an older thread a couple of months ago, and it might be useful for you:

If you know what to look for, you can get these for between 5 and 25 quid on eBay. I only need 5 shirts to complete my "Premier League era" collection, and I've not spent more than 24 pounds on a second-hand shirt. I got the 2002-2004 home shirt for £3.20 and the 09/10 away shirt for £4.

Just make sure everything looks legit - compare photos of the listing to photos of the actual shirts, avoid new sellers and sellers with low scores or few reviews, and look at multiple listings of the same shirt to make sure it all checks out.
Also, for newer shirts with the tags still attached, I've noticed that the real ones from SportsDirect or the United store have the tags in the armpits, whereas the fakes have them in the neckline. I'm not sure if this a real thing, but it's something I look out for before buying.

I have saved searches for various keywords so I won't miss a listing just because it's written differently. For example; Manchester United shirt, Man united shirt, man utd shirt, manchester utd xl, mufc shirt etc.

Hope that helps!

9 Stone Elvis

I appreciate everyone taking the time to reply but I think you are still missing the point about what Im looking for!

Im not looking for 2nd hard or really old shirts, I know I can get them and they can vary in cost depending on which one/condition etc.

I know I can get "unofficial" knock offs from various countries for relatively cheap prices. They can be good for what they are but it not this I'm asking about.

Its what happened to the "official" replicas of old style shirts, complete in all but manufacturers badges that the likes of score draw used to produce for United and still do for many other clubs

http://www.voetbalshop.be/manchester-united-shirt-fa-cup-finale-1994-score-draw.html

Like this one. They used to make many others and sell them from their legit site but the Man Utd ones have disappeared. The ones the do for other clubs can be bought on kitbag.com

https://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/en/c/football/retro-shirts

The fact that our ones disappeared made me think perhaps we were doing it ourselves or had a different supplier but I can't find them (other than the two on the megastore site as mentioned previously). That was really my question.

ZupZup

Maybe not really what you after but there’s a company called Aztec Retro which do their own remakes of classic shirts... they are good quality and they’ve done remakes like the one Mata is sporting in the above.

Today they’ve just released a copy of the black away kit from 93/94... fairly limited numbers and they do sell out. Worth giving them a follow on Twitter if that’s your sort of thing.

https://aztecretro.com/products/man...131013949&mc_cid=71d337ed5e&mc_eid=354f3ff9e5

Daniel-the-devil

I posted this in an older thread a couple of months ago, and it might be useful for you:

If you know what to look for, you can get these for between 5 and 25 quid on eBay. I only need 5 shirts to complete my "Premier League era" collection, and I've not spent more than 24 pounds on a second-hand shirt. I got the 2002-2004 home shirt for £3.20 and the 09/10 away shirt for £4.

Just make sure everything looks legit - compare photos of the listing to photos of the actual shirts, avoid new sellers and sellers with low scores or few reviews, and look at multiple listings of the same shirt to make sure it all checks out.
Also, for newer shirts with the tags still attached, I've noticed that the real ones from SportsDirect or the United store have the tags in the armpits, whereas the fakes have them in the neckline. I'm not sure if this a real thing, but it's something I look out for before buying.

I have saved searches for various keywords so I won't miss a listing just because it's written differently. For example; Manchester United shirt, Man united shirt, man utd shirt, manchester utd xl, mufc shirt etc.

Hope that helps!
I haven't had any luck with that at all. I only find cheap knockoffs or really expensive quality retros, wish there was a website completely dedicated to retros

decorativeed

These went up yesterday... @9 Stone Elvis

https://www.retrokitco.com/mufc

My experience with these retro knockoffs is that they look good from a distance but fit like a paper bag. They get most of the tiny details right but the basics are always well off, square sleeves, baggy necks and logos in the armpits. I always regret taking a chance on them and they end up almost immediately on ebay.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
My experience with these retro knockoffs is that they look good from a distance but fit like a paper bag. They get most of the tiny details right but the basics are always well off, square sleeves, baggy necks and logos in the armpits. I always regret taking a chance on them and they end up almost immediately on ebay.
Yeah. I've had much that experience with the Toffs tops I've bought (though rather than a paper bag, they've felt like badly fitted rugby tops!)...

United_98

Have anyone actually bought this? There are many of these from eBay too, they don’t even look good on photo.

I just hope one day when Nike get the United kit deal back, they will remake the 99 Long sleeve one, just like what they did for Spurs

Last edited by a moderator:

decorativeed

Have anyone actually bought this? There are many of these from eBay too, they don’t even look good on photo.

I just hope one day when Nike get the United kit deal back, they will remake the 99 Long sleeve one, just like what they did for Spurs
Nike had nothing to do with the 99 kit, so wouldn't be able to make a copy any more than Adidas would.

mark_a

I got one of those official reissue 83 Adidas Sharp tops and that's great, except the badge is practically under the armpit! Pretty basic stuff to not get right on an official shirt. I have the same shirt from when I was 11 and the badge isn't so far to the side.

decorativeed

I got one of those official reissue 83 Adidas Sharp tops and that's great, except the badge is practically under the armpit! Pretty basic stuff to not get right on an official shirt. I have the same shirt from when I was 11 and the badge isn't so far to the side.
Yeah, I was really excited about that reissue until I saw one in the Adidas shop. The badge was too big and misplaced and the Sharp logo (which could have been left off entirely, as it was on players shirts for televised matches) was too low down. Still better than these ones you see for sale on twitter, though.

United_98

How’s quality for Official retro? But can barely find one now, or they are at £30-35 for a low quality retro

Last edited by a moderator:

ArjenIsM3

The United store are now selling three official 99 replica shirts. Just a bit weird that there's no manufacturer logo on there now because back then we were sponsored by Umbro not Adidas

SirAF

Ageist
The United store are now selling three official 99 replica shirts. Just a bit weird that there's no manufacturer logo on there now because back then we were sponsored by Umbro not Adidas
The limited edition was quite pricey!

ArjenIsM3

The limited edition was quite pricey!
It is yeah, only difference with the regular one seems to be the added CL text and the box it comes in. That's seemingly enough to add 40% to the price.

Did just spot the 1968 blue special edition longsleeve which I quite like on sale, still expensive but at about 40% off I'm considering it.

Moriarty

It is yeah, only difference with the regular one seems to be the added CL text and the box it comes in. That's seemingly enough to add 40% to the price.

Did just spot the 1968 blue special edition longsleeve which I quite like on sale, still expensive but at about 40% off I'm considering it.
It isn't a 1968 replica though. The colour is different for a start and the crest is all wrong. You used to be able to buy replicas from the United shop at one time and at Toffs but not any more. In the 60s, you could buy Umbro shirts for United and City at most boyswear shops in and around Manchester.

decorativeed

I have an original 1972 shirt worn by Wyn Davies. Not signed or anything so I don't know how I'd prove that.
A shirt collector would probably prefer it not signed. There's nothing worse than a genuinely historic shirt that someone has taken a fecking permanent marker to!

Maurice Setters' 1963 FA cup final shirt just came up for sale at auction with a scribbled marker signature on it. Probably reduced the value of it by a few grand.

ArjenIsM3

It isn't a 1968 replica though. The colour is different for a start and the crest is all wrong. You used to be able to buy replicas from the United shop at one time and at Toffs but not any more. In the 60s, you could buy Umbro shirts for United and City at most boyswear shops in and around Manchester.
Yeah I know but then again it's not meant as a replica. More of a hommage to it. Quite like the design

Moriarty

A shirt collector would probably prefer it not signed. There's nothing worse than a genuinely historic shirt that someone has taken a fecking permanent marker to!

Maurice Setters' 1963 FA cup final shirt just came up for sale at auction with a scribbled marker signature on it. Probably reduced the value of it by a few grand.
I really don't know which game this was worn in. A journalist friend of my dad got if for me. It's in excellent nick because it's hardly been worn. In those days, shirts would be laundered and used more than once by players.

decorativeed

I really don't know which game this was worn in. A journalist friend of my dad got if for me. It's in excellent nick because it's hardly been worn. In those days, shirts would be laundered and used more than once by players.
Yeah, and I'm not even sure if back then they were used by other members of the squad who would play in the same position/number. They also had two shirts prepared for most matches.

The fact you can't narrow it down to a single match isn't a problem. Not many shirts of that era can be.

Is it the thick cotton type or the scratchy nylon?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
How’s quality for Official retro? But can barely find one now, or they are at £30-35 for a low quality retro
I reiterate...

I’ve bought a couple of kits from them since (a 1990 home and an ‘83 blue away) and they’re very decent. Worth tagging @decorativeed in this too, as he’s a veteran of this shit and was sceptical, but this site is solid. Trust me.*

Though they were selling kits at £35 a month ago, and are now up to £45, so obviously people are catching on..

* here’s a pic of those purchases

https://ibb.co/SV9ySHB

Last edited:

Moriarty

Yeah, and I'm not even sure if back then they were used by other members of the squad who would play in the same position/number. They also had two shirts prepared for most matches.

The fact you can't narrow it down to a single match isn't a problem. Not many shirts of that era can be.

Is it the thick cotton type or the scratchy nylon?
It's cotton and quite substantial. Doesn't feel scratchy but a little bit stiff as the fibres have aged. The collar is a bit floppy but, as far as I can tell, all the stitching is intact and it hasn't been repaired.