Gaming Which mobile/tablet games do you play

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
None. They’re all awful these days. Micro transactions galore.

Dan

The game they did before that, Mini Metro, was good,

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Checked and the only one I have on my phone is BitLife. Was quite fun for a bit and they do regular updates without charging a penny.

FrantikChicken

I love Brawl Stars. You don't have to spend money and the gameplay and characters are all very fun and unique

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Most are I’d agree and they’re designed hideously, but there must be a selection of good ones out there. As I say the game I posted above is incredibly addictive.
It looks like it’s only on Apple Arcade, so I’d have to pay £4.99 per month to play it?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Total war rome and the barbarian invasion expansion, they devour the battery but I can't get enough of playing both

0le

I don't play any now. Got frustrated with all the microtransaction bullshit. I don't mind putting that in for cosmetics to support the developers but when it becomes a core part of playing the actual game then it is shit and most mobile games seem to be like that.

I did buy Xcom and have played that quite a lot but that was just a port rather than a dedicated mobile game.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
It looks like it’s only on Apple Arcade, so I’d have to pay £4.99 per month to play it?
I've got a free trial til November, sucks that you can't buy it outright though. Think you can get 7 days free if you've never tried it before though.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I've got a free trial til November, sucks that you can't buy it outright though. Think you can get 7 days free if you've never tried it before though.
Yea there’s a free trial but if I like the game I’ll end up subscribing so not getting dragged it!

Cloud7

Fate Grand Order
Monopoly
Plague Inc

The latter two are more just to pass the time, but I play FGO pretty religiously.

Iron Stove

Slay the Spire. It's the only good game I've played on the phone. Actually a PC card game initially which was ported over.

Ollie Derbyshire

How do you not get bored? Are you into gambling and things like that?
Haha, I only go on them for about 20 mins a day tops, my kids used to play them so we’re in a clan that doesn’t do much.

I added the unlimited money and donuts to my daughters when she was little, told her she’d won a competition for best new simpsons world, she was proper made up with that! Got boring quick for her after that though, and my lad wasn’t happy about it at all.

Hardly ever gamble, if I do it’s only for small stakes.

MattofManchester

How long have you been playing it? AR? I'm fairly new. AR41. But I have my love, Ayaka
AR43 for me. Mostly because I've not been grinding every day.

Mona and Diluc are my favs. Mostly Diluc. Didn't pull Ayaka because I want the Raiden Shogun.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Clash of clans is the best mobile game but after years of playing I couldn’t keep it up any more.

lawliet354

Genshin Impact has crazy production value for mobile game (it's also on PC and PS4), put a lot console game to shame for sure. Despite the monetization model that people may not like, it's still one of the best game I've played for the last couple of years

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Genshin Impact has crazy production value for mobile game (it's also on PC and PS4), put a lot console game to shame for sure. Despite the monetization model that people may not like, it's still one of the best game I've played for the last couple of years
Agree regarding the production values – really good dame.

Have been playing it with my daughter – who loves it!

Also worth noting that you can transfer progress between platforms. So we usually play on the PlayStation, but whilst she has been in the US, I will play on PS and she will join my world from her iPad – and works just the same as if you were on the one platform. Really impressive!

lawliet354

Agree regarding the production values – really good dame.

Have been playing it with my daughter – who loves it!

Also worth noting that you can transfer progress between platforms. So we usually play on the PlayStation, but whilst she has been in the US, I will play on PS and she will join my world from her iPad – and works just the same as if you were on the one platform. Really impressive!
That's awesome, I just wish there are more coop stuff to do with my friends, usually we just fool around at each other's world killing everything within sight :lol:

True, I usually play with my PC while I'm home but play in the PS4 while at my parents'

MattofManchester

That's awesome, I just wish there are more coop stuff to do with my friends, usually we just fool around at each other's world killing everything within sight :lol:

True, I usually play with my PC while I'm home but play in the PS4 while at my parents'
Well, a massive part of the game is grinding(Ridiculously tedious) so if you're grinding artifacts, talent materials and bosses, co-op can be pretty useful.

I'm AR45 but not ready to do level 90 domains, so I just pull in my friends to carry me for 5 star stuff. :D

Especially now, as I'm gathering material for the new Archon.